To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Points System

A Fantasy Football forum for news on British Fantasy Football.
oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Points System

Post by oldbigead »

I've actually quite enjoyed playing this game this year, but i've got to say that the points system can be a bit harsh.

-2 for a yellow, and -5 for a red in a game where you only get 3 for a goal is a bit much.

A yellow card shouldn't have almost as much weighting as a goal, surely cards shouldn't decide fantasy football?

Also the the rule where any defender comes on the pitch for the last minute and gets a full clean sheet is a bit daft.

eg terry Henry could score 2 goals, dominate a game (but pick up a silly yellow), he'd score 5 points. If some no name reserve defender came on for the last 20 secs of the same game (and didn't even touch the ball) he'd still get 4. Seems like a bit of an unbalanced scoring sytem to me.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss?

PS anyone who like me had Reina in their team must be bloody annoyed. he gets -5 for the red and misses 3 games. :( .

Achilles
Treebeard

Post by Achilles »

Totally agree but nothing can be done now...maybe next season.
I don't think yellow and red cards are qiute big problems over long term. As the rules are stated clearly before the start, you try to avoid card-prone players as much as you can.....but no doubt, such proportion between a goal and a card is ridiculous.....Clean sheet for 1min play is a joke...may be Herald try to be different :)
But if you are a good FF manager you can explore even the negatives in the scoring system.
And I have Jose Reina in all my top teams :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “British Fantasy Football (Herald) games (Game ceased)”