To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2015/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
Malrom
FISO Knight

Re: OFL ISO 2015/16

Post by Malrom »

The Fat Skier wrote:Have brought in Payet - for Terry

Nice move!!!

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Thank you Payet :D

Now let's hope Gradel can add something.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

This is a disaster ... no correction compared to the first game week :shock: :shock:

Except for a few, who made a few transfers already, but if you compare it to the Official FISO league it looks terrible overall.

Not sure what I should do really...... :?: :?: :? :? :?

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Made a couple of transfers, never had such a disastrous start to a season., Team looked pretty good on paper so no blame on Bal's selection and we all had a hand in it anyway. Hopefully pick up a few points today and more if Liv. can keep a clean sheet.

bal
Treebeard

Post by bal »

Ditto to the disasterous start! Nothing's going right. The two manc sides who couldn't keep clean sheets last season are nailing it, arsenal and chelsea are stuttering, the Baggies kept a clean sheet & lescott didn't play... etc. Fifty points off top already & the top guy's got coutinho & benteke to come..... groan. I almost feel like mothballing my sides until the gold & silver starts.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Hi all, I'm new to this game, have gotten off to a disastrous start as well.

I have a question about the rules that I'm not sure about, hopefully someone can answer me quickly. It's regarding transfers;
12. Team Changes (transfers and substitutions) can take place right up until scheduled kick-off times. This means that even if matches are still being played, you can make changes for subsequent fixtures without losing points for players in the current match. You can also use the Super Subs feature to set up your line-up for each fixture block in advance. However, it is important to note that if a player is not in your starting line-up at the scheduled kick-off time, then he will not score any points for your team. If you are having any problems making subs or transfers, then please try again at a later time if possible. If not then send an e-mail to our customer support address, outlining any changes you are trying to make and we'll get these done retrospectively for you, as long as you email before the relevant kick-off time of the affected fixtures.
If I transfer someone in after the first kick off on the same day, do they still score points for me?

Example, Man Utd play Newcastle at 12:45 today. Say I have Wayne Rooney and I transfer him out for Diafra Sakho after the Man Utd game kicks off. West Ham play Bournemouth later in the day at 15.00. Will I get Diafra Sakho's points if he scores any today, or is the cut off time for transfers the earliest kick off time of each respective day?

It is the opening two sentences in section 12 of the Terms and Conditions that is confusing me slightly?
12. Team Changes (transfers and substitutions) can take place right up until scheduled kick-off times. This means that even if matches are still being played, you can make changes for subsequent fixtures without losing points for players in the current match.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

You would score points for both players if the transfer happens after the first kick-off but before the second :-)

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Thanks for the quick reply. :wink:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

This is your captain speaking :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well done to Blessed Brian, Sowenna, Northernmonkey and Keele United, who all have over 60 points before today's games.

My team is awful, better I'm awful! I managed to score 2 goals only, which leaves me 27th with only 37 points.
And I'm already out of transfers this month...... :oops: :oops: Unfortunately I'm not able to bring in Son. :shock: :shock:

Only 2 teams are below me, but I won't mention them.

Enjoy your football!

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

My OFL is going backwards.

-9 from my defence today. :oops:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Ashers wrote:My OFL is going backwards.

-9 from my defence today. :oops:
5 in that one game....

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

So... anyone else swap Aguero for Kane last week? Just me, then :-(

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

51 points from the first 8 gameweeks, then out of nowhere 40 points for gameweek 9 :shock:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Been almost 6 months since anyone posted about ISO so I figured it's about time :wink:

Not exactly a vintage year, we're used to seeing heaps of ISO sides in the top 100 (even top 10) but not this season. I seem to be doing a Leicester, and despite having only 1 sub left since Feb I keep managing to stay in front, and even stretch my lead a little. Now starting to believe I can win this thing after 10 or so years of trying :shock:

It's not over yet of course, been keeping a keen eye on Jok57 who was almost level pegging with me with 9 subs left at one stage. Now it's Fil16 who's had a decent week. Points in the bag though boys is what counts, and I'm just hoping I can cling on until the end of the season.

Good luck for the run in :D

1 ISO Northernmonkey 555
2 ISO Fil16 519
3 ISO Jok57 511
4 ISO Sowenna 505
5 ISO marke192 492
6 ISO Britinus 486
7 ISO the triple c's 485
8 ISO McLaren74 483
9 ISO BAL 476
10 ISO djburdini 475
11 ISOreds363 467
12 ISO bspittles bspittles 464
13 ISO Menace43 460
14 ISO Biscuitman 455
15 ISO Malrom 441
16 ISO Keele United 440
17 ISO_Evvy 438
18 ISO Nigel1305 430
19 ISO BigJonS 428
20 ISO coleridge 425
21 ISO The Fat Skier 416
22 ISO snout 416
23 ISO Arabian Knight 408
24 ISO Subsonic 404
25 ISO Nbbbee 398
26 ISO jsfl 394
27 ISO BlessedBrian 391
28 ISO skip 385
29 ISO Ashers 377

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Northernmonkey wrote: 12 ISO bspittles bspittles 464
So average they named it twice :-)

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Northernmonkey wrote:Been almost 6 months since anyone posted about ISO so I figured it's about time :wink:
Thank you, Northernmonkey!
Yes, it was about time... and I should have done it weeks ago :oops: :oops:

it's maybe because I'm sh*t again, like most of the years before..... :cry: :cry:

Looking forward to next year to make amends! :roll: :roll:

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

An abysmal ISO season for me miraculously redeemed by my ISO team winning motw a couple of weeks ago.
Well done to the leaders and I look forward to making a better fist of things next season, if ofl is still with us.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote:I look forward to making a better fist of things next season, if ofl is still with us.
It better be! Unless I have a shocking finish I'm hoping I'll be picking the side next season :wink:

Seems to be some uncertainty though from that other thread which isn't good. If the worst happens I'd feel gutted to lose ISO too.

A few years ago we successfully migrated ISO from TFFO to OFL, so it can be done again. Hope it doesn't come to it, but we should probably think about another ISO home as back up in case the worst happens.

The only others I play are TFF and FPL, I don't think FPL would work so well but maybe TFF. Anyone got any other bright ideas?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

The only others I play are TFF and FPL, I don't think FPL would work so well but maybe TFF. Anyone got any other bright ideas?[/quote]

I think ultimate fpl might work quite well.
Congrats on your impending victory.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

coleridge wrote:The only others I play are TFF and FPL, I don't think FPL would work so well but maybe TFF. Anyone got any other bright ideas?
I think ultimate fpl might work quite well.
Congrats on your impending victory.[/quote]

Since you can only have one team in FPL I'm not sure if I would play..... but on the other hand.... :wink: :wink:

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

You can change so much of your team/squad so early in the season, I'm not sure UFPL would quite work. That wouldn't stop me joining though :-)

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

UFPL has completely passed me by, I've only ever done FPL. Just had a peek and it does look pretty good, it's paid entry so I'm not sure if that means you can enter both.

Looks like you get 16 subs to use in the first 4 weeks, the original line up would get ripped apart early doors. Would be different, but a game where transfers come at more of a premium would probably suit ISO better. Other than TFF I don't know so much about the other games, last time I played the Sun one you had to do transfers by post!

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

There are already versions of OFL within TFF and SDT.

TFF has the Egg League where all teams can make one to two changes the original line-up.
SDT has ISO SDT where all teams start the same, but you have the option of an emergency transfer straight away and changes can only be made at the transfer windows.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Many congratulations, NorthernMonkey! It's been a long time coming...

Regarding next season, if it does come to having to move to a different game, I'll be there. Like you, I also play TFF and FPL; I tend to think of TFF as more similar as the scoring system is "cleaner" (especially from this season, given the introduction of chips at FPL). But I haven't explored any of these variations like Egg/Ultimate and whatever, which may well be suitable. I suppose another consideration is that TFF has no restriction on number of players from a single club, which changes the dynamics a bit (not necessarily worse, just different) and the pricing seems easier/"cheaper" at least to me.

Anyway, if we do migrate, let's hope most of us move and we recruit a few more. And, it HAS been very quiet on here!

Very average/poor season for me. 3 teams in it altogether, with the ISO one for once bringing up the rear - but none of them ever really challenged in their leagues.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Cheers Biscuitman. That's that then, a 50 point cushion :)

If we have a game to play next season I'll be back on here in good time.

If we don't I'd like to give it a go somewhere else if others are keen. So far TFF seems favourite but all opinions welcome...

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

I received the following email:

Dear Erich-Dieter,

With the exception of the FA Cup final, the 2015/16 season has now come to an end, meaning we'll soon be sending you the awards pack for you to distribute to your league's winners.

To check and update your registered postal address where the pack will be sent, please log in at http://www.fantasyleague.com/classic with your username (or email address) and password, and click on the 'Your Options' link in the right-hand panel. Check/update your address via the 'Personal Info' tab and click on 'Apply Changes' to save your updated details.

Please make sure your details are updated before Monday, 23 May as we will start sending the awards packs out next week. Please then allow up to 28 days for delivery (more if outside of the UK).

As always, please contact us at classicsupport@fantasyleague.com if you have any queries.

Regards,

Fantasy League Classic

What exactly is the "awards pack" ?

Northernmonkey, congrats for winning!! Well done!
Can you take over the captaincy, that would make life easier for all of us.
What shall I do with all that stuff in Switzerland? ;-)

Please let me know what we shall do.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Now that OFL is no more we can assume winners medals will become collectors pieces and appreciate in value. I have a winners mouse mat from 02/03 season, that must be worth a bundle now, was that the first season I wonder.... :lol:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Malrom wrote: What exactly is the "awards pack" ?

It's just the medals & trophy Malrom. I'm really not fussed, I'd rather they saved the postage tbh.

Meanwhile I got this email today, with my glass half full I'd say there's still a glimmer of hope for next season. Doesn't really tell us anything new, but at least it's not an outright no yet..

We definitely are not running a EURO 2016 game this summer, however, discussions are ongoing for a 2016/17 Premier League game and you will kept up to date in due course.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Northernmonkey wrote:
Malrom wrote: What exactly is the "awards pack" ?

It's just the medals & trophy Malrom. I'm really not fussed, I'd rather they saved the postage tbh.

Meanwhile I got this email today, with my glass half full I'd say there's still a glimmer of hope for next season. Doesn't really tell us anything new, but at least it's not an outright no yet..

We definitely are not running a EURO 2016 game this summer, however, discussions are ongoing for a 2016/17 Premier League game and you will kept up to date in due course.
Is anybody else interested?
It's not really clever if they will send the stuff to Switzerland and I have to send it back to the "world" ;-)
If nobody is interested I'll write them to keep trophy and medals.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Hurrah! Email from OFL today sounds promising.

See you in July :D

Our landmark 25th season has certainly been a stand-out season for the Premier League and hope your league also had its own share of surprises over the last nine months.

As explained in Andrew's recent email, the company may be finding a new owner but we're aiming to be open for business as usual for 2016/17. We will be in touch by the end of June with details, so until then, will leave you to enjoy Euro 2016 and the first few weeks of the summer's transfer rumours.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”