To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL 2015/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

OFL 2015/16

Post by quizking »

Game now live, though will have a proper launch next week, and they still have to finalise details re value bundles for multiple teams. Player prices up-to-date, including cech, deulofeu, falcao at chelsea already etc. Note that the prizes for gold and silver champs, and some side games are lower yet again, not good news. Servers had better work properly this year or else the game won't be fit for purpose.

SE
FISOhead

Re: OFL 2015/16

Post by SE »

Server problems entirely the reason I'm not entering this for the first time since it started! Shabby last year, especially at the price!

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I've picked a decent squad without too many financial problems. Not entered it yet though...

gkb
Wideboy
FS Record: 3rd in Telegraph Division 2012-13, 2nd in Wimbledon 2013 !!

Post by gkb »

Tend to agree the server issues were a real pain last year and the mobile app didnt work till half way through the season, shame as it is my favourite game when we get to the head to head even if the final day sprint is so annoying as the couple of times I have got there I always pick the wrong players !!

Had a quick go at a squad and it seems ok so far but sure there will lots of movement in players before we start !!

If anyone is playing this year dont forget they are on the cashback site with 25% cashback worth doing as its free money, if you are not feel free to use my referal link below,

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/gkb

Hog on Ice
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Vindaloo by Keith Allen :)

Post by Hog on Ice »

If you would like a test, and hopefully some fun, You're wecome to join our F&E League, The Off-World Kick-Squad; PIN= 24535, (single entries only). There were 37 teams in this league last season and big-hitters are welcome:)

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Ive been trying for a week now to sign up teams and it will not let me load the only time you find out is when you hit the Payment button and it comes back with Pages couldnt be found.....I have called my c/c co just to make sure no charges are going onto my card...I tried calling them today ...difficult as theres an 8 hour time difference...but from..2pm to close you cannot get through to them....I agree Ive been playing this game over 10yrs and Im thinking of bailing over this cock up :evil:

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I'm waiting to see the bundles offer before I commit.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Bundles are now visible on payment page - 4 choices this year, 3 same as previous - none of them offer a cheaper way to get standard teams.

AJB1971
Kevin and Perry

Post by AJB1971 »

Keele United, I signed up a few days ago, to a bundle package, and two of my teams would allow me to do transfers, but the other one showed a ‘sorry’ or ‘error’ message. Logging out and in again made no difference.

I then tried using a different browser and was able to make the transfers.

If you're encountering any problems on the site, it's worth trying this.

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Ive tried signing up from 3 different computers.....also tried calling...voice mail.

AJB1971
Kevin and Perry

Post by AJB1971 »

There are a few people on the Fantasy League Facebook page experiencing similar problems.

If they're already having problems with the website, it doesn't look good for the coming season!

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Great to have it back. I'm in for my usual 3 teams, just entered and having no problems with transfers.

I found last season was OK apart from their blip in the middle. Tried FPL & TFF again last year, OFL is still my favourite game. It's pricey but with a decent range of winnable prizes (they could ditch the medals though). I'm still playing anyway :D

YTFCscratch
Treebeard

Post by YTFCscratch »

I'm in two minds as to what to do. Have played the Classic game for years and it is probably my favourite format, simple and straightforward scoring system, with no ambiguity over bonus points etc, helped by its the game I am most successful in by a long way.

However, it is amongst the most expensive games to play and on a platform that has been getting more and more unstable in the last couple of years. And why are they soooo slow in updating the player list.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Northernmonkey wrote:(they could ditch the medals though)
Can't believe they are still giving these out. Can only imagine they accidentally ordered 10,000 instead of 1,000 one year a while ago and are still getting rid of them :)

Big Beast
Treebeard

Post by Big Beast »

Gutted - already registered and just seen the Top Cashback post. Here is the direct link for others -> http://www.topcashback.co.uk/fantasy_league/

Technical issues were awful last year. My whole league (25 teams) considered quitting, but we love the simplicity and the rules and had this assurance from the management: “I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in the site last year, we agree that this year was below the standards that we set for ourselves. I can offer assurances that the issues we had last season will not happen again. We experienced a number of issues with our server hosting company, forcing us to switch mid season, you will hopefully have noticed that the stability of the site was dramatically improved in the second half of the season. The app will be ready by the start of August at the very very latest.”

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

reds363 wrote:
Northernmonkey wrote:(they could ditch the medals though)
Can't believe they are still giving these out. Can only imagine they accidentally ordered 10,000 instead of 1,000 one year a while ago and are still getting rid of them :)
Proper dust collectors. I got 2 this year, only 1 made it out the envelope. God knows what they're made of, both went straight in the recycle bin but not convinced they wanted them either!

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Finally it has let me sign up....you know...for all their cock ups you want to do it....as a previous poster put it "Its the simpelist,most straight forward"....and if you get it right you could win some dosh...lol

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Big Beast wrote:Gutted - already registered and just seen the Top Cashback post. Here is the direct link for others -> http://www.topcashback.co.uk/fantasy_league/

Technical issues were awful last year. My whole league (25 teams) considered quitting, but we love the simplicity and the rules and had this assurance from the management: “I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in the site last year, we agree that this year was below the standards that we set for ourselves. I can offer assurances that the issues we had last season will not happen again. We experienced a number of issues with our server hosting company, forcing us to switch mid season, you will hopefully have noticed that the stability of the site was dramatically improved in the second half of the season. The app will be ready by the start of August at the very very latest.”
Quidco do the same thing - their rate is 30% if anyone's a Quidco member.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Anyone know when you get your free teams credited for finishing top 50 in the previous season?
Agree pretty much with everything that has been said.
Great game to play with a good chance of a cash prize.
Medals a pain in the backside (somehow ended up with 4 from 3 teams)
Technical problems a complete disgrace and totally unacceptable for a premium priced product.

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

A referral link for QuidCo for a 30% discount on OFL teams if anybody is interested

http://www.quidco.com/user/1259637/2056 ... sy-league/

Best wishes

Nigel

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”