To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Classic World Cup 2014

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
Kdub
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: £15K profit from OFL, Fantasy League Classic 08/09 Champion, Champions League 06/07 Overall Winner, EURO2008 Phase Two Winner, 9 time OFL Manager of the Week

Re: Classic World Cup 2014

Post by Kdub »

That four player rule needs to go... So a single clean sheet can take you to an 8 GOAL tally (24 points) in the knockout round.

Makes the first 3 stages rather usesless :roll:

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Last 4 admitted, that makes a nice round # of 20 so league now closed.

Kdub
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: £15K profit from OFL, Fantasy League Classic 08/09 Champion, Champions League 06/07 Overall Winner, EURO2008 Phase Two Winner, 9 time OFL Manager of the Week

Post by Kdub »

This game needs improvements...

Some guy called MOZ wins the PHASE 2 prize by making a new team. That shouldn't be allowed, especially when the points will double in the knockout rounds.

Nice way to cheat Maurice. :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hog on Ice
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Vindaloo by Keith Allen :)

Post by Hog on Ice »

Thanks for having me:)

Kdub
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kdub »

Still Broken

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

SE wrote:I'm assuming most people posting here enter OFL. I'm interested in entering a Pro League / Auction next year with interested people. Could we post here, or start a different thread to tout for interest?

Usually goes along draft lines or preferably auction, where only one manager gets a specific player, so only one manager could get RVP, or one manager Sturridge etc.

The OFL site charges £27/£34/£39 to oversee the league, dependent on amount of interaction. I'm easy with this, but would also be interested in us doing our own online auction and entering the teams into a private league, which would just be the OFL normal team entry fee. This would give us less interactive scope.

I've been doing auction leagues for some time and about 8 is the ideal league size, to provide adequate involvement to recover from bad auctions and for sufficient class "free agents" during the season.

I have also found that if say 9 people enter an auction or draft in the Telegraph, you can usually pick anyone you want and be within Telegraph budget, if managers know what they're doing!

I may be preaching to the converted, and you all may enter auction leagues, but I'd be interested in any feedback.

SE- Steve
This would probably be better as a separate topic, but maybe something people would be interested in. I might be, but it would depend on the "rules" the league was run on. My big bugbear with an auction game is that the auction is the best bit! Generally it's possible to say who will win after the first month or so.

I keep trying to think of ways to keep the interest high (such as allowing teams near the bottom to swap players with teams above them), but then it just becomes a very unrealistic fantasy game!

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

There must not be a lot of mini leagues that have entered - that's the only reason I can think of for the lack of a table?

I'm torn now. I've only got 4 transfers left with all players left in (except my two filler goalkeepers). Can't decide whether to go for a decent shot at the last 16 prize and bring in Argentinians and Belgians or hold back on transfers to replace the players that lose in the quarters. What's certain is I need Colombia to beat Brazil to have any chance of the biggie.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Well played Forever England, 1st place and 11th o/a

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Thanks Britinus. If the WC Champions hadn't conceded last minute goals to Algeria and Brazil things would be quite different now in the FE household!

But hey-ho, have a feeling FISO may have well snagged the ML prize, guess we just have to wait and see. :-)

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

ML Table updated... we finished 2nd and thus win one of the £500 packages! Presume you'll hear something soonish Britinus.

For the record, the winning ML had the overall winner on it.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Yes, we won this whatever this is! Hopefully someone else will be able to set up the pro league.

Congratulations. Your Friends and Enemies League finished in the top 5 of the F&E Championship and you have won a FREE interactive league package for Fantasy League Professional 2014/15, worth up to £500

To claim this prize, please get in touch when you have set up your Pro League and we will mark the league as paid for the season.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

An article about the overall winner;

http://www.1stpoker.dk/?id=862&c=Kvistg ... 2050.000kr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Happy to pass this over to anyone wanting to set up pro league and auction. Not easy to participate from over here with time dif. Let me know and I'll try and ge tin touch with OFL.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”