To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RIP Premiership Predictions / FISO Goals

A forum for the running of the FISO Goals competition. This is a score predictions game based on the English Premier League. See the top menu bar for the link to enter your predictions and see the automated leaderboard.
grob
Dumbledore

Re: RIP Premiership Predictions / FISO Goals

Post by grob »

Is there no way the Premier League's own prediction game,I Know the Score(IKTS), could be adopted for everyone to make their predictions each week, using their league tables and running Fiso side games off those in some way ?

The majority of those playing Fiso Premiership Predictions/Goals are probably already playing IkTs I would have thought ?

http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goldenballs
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not Great.

Post by goldenballs »

Sounds like a good idea.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

grob wrote:Is there no way the Premier League's own prediction game,I Know the Score(IKTS), could be adopted for everyone to make their predictions each week, using their league tables and running Fiso side games off those in some way ?

The majority of those playing Fiso Premiership Predictions/Goals are probably already playing IkTs I would have thought ?

http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hmm, representatives of the EPL are trying to kill our game and the solution is to play theirs? Not for me thanks.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

My sidegame cups will only continue with minileagues set up using our points system. Not really interested in being a sidegame of some other comp with other rules.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Vid wrote:
grob wrote:Is there no way the Premier League's own prediction game,I Know the Score(IKTS), could be adopted for everyone to make their predictions each week, using their league tables and running Fiso side games off those in some way ?

Hmm, representatives of the EPL are trying to kill our game and the solution is to play theirs? Not for me thanks.
Dinosaurs muttered the same sentiments about their changing climate Vid and look what happened to them :wink:

@ murf, the problem you face at present is being unable to reproduce the Premier League's copyrighted fixture lists.

These are freely available,with k/o times etc all included,in the free to play Ikts game.

There's no need to adopt their rules for any separate side games Fiso may run,you can just ignore their mini-leagues based on their rules and substitute your own rules, publishing your own minileague tables on Fiso based on the data extracted from the Ikts entries,without needing to reproduce the copyrighted fixture lists is what I was suggesting.

I'm sure that with a little ingenuity a way can be found around this problem, thus avoiding the need to abandon an evidently popular Fiso sidegame.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

grob wrote:There's no need to adopt their rules for any separate side games Fiso may run,you can just ignore their mini-leagues based on their rules and substitute your own rules, publishing your own minileague tables on Fiso based on the data extracted from the Ikts entries,without needing to reproduce the copyrighted fixture lists is what I was suggesting.
Who tallies our scores?

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

murf wrote:
grob wrote:There's no need to adopt their rules for any separate side games Fiso may run,you can just ignore their mini-leagues based on their rules and substitute your own rules, publishing your own minileague tables on Fiso based on the data extracted from the Ikts entries,without needing to reproduce the copyrighted fixture lists is what I was suggesting.
Who tallies our scores?

Under these circumstances, not me!

For information, I have emailed the comercial man at DataCo to find out what we are doing wrong exactly and what we need to do to carry on playing.
Hopefully that will indicate whether or not there is any chance of saving our game.

I'll let you know what he says.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

That was a mistake IMO. The least you have to do with them the better, once you start dialogue, they'll be all over this Site with a fine-toothed comb.

MarquisMark
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MarquisMark »

Yeah, but the site has nothing to hide does it? So shouldn't be a problem. Admin & Mods pretty much keep on top of such matters and there will be nothing that any other forum doesn't have in its threads.

All they wanna look at is fixtures - and many times in the past people have been advised about posting fixtures by mods, fellow posters etc - so there won't be anything to worry about there.

Not saying Jester shoulda emailed them quite so quickly :D But IMO it's not the end of the world. Respectful dialogue over a matter to come to some middle-ground. And if there's no budging on their side then the situation is exactly where it was when the thread started....

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Spencer4 wrote:That was a mistake IMO. The least you have to do with them the better, once you start dialogue, they'll be all over this Site with a fine-toothed comb.
I'd go along with this as I don't think they deserve our attention. I don't see what's wrong with a link to the relative weeks IKTS page (you don't have to sign up to see this) and a simple 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4 grid instead of the names. No coding for us, no issue for them. Easy.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Rightly or wrongly it's done now.

All I wanted to do was make sure it was known we don't actually post any fixtures. If they know exactly what's involved in the game maybe, just maybe we will be allowed to continue.

If the reaction is unhelpful we've lost nothing.

Good luck to them if they're 'all over this site' - There's nothing to hide and we can handle all the members we can get! :D

lano14
Cheetah

Post by lano14 »

Thanks for running the game guys, hope it can be resurrected in the future.

There is an issue with English and Scottish fixtures, yet I find it weird that you can post results without any problem.

If it can't be resolved then is it worth looking at a Spanish / Italian / German or Champions League game perhaps as I'd guess that these wouldn't come under the same restrictions? Obviously for 2011/12. The standard of the competition is truly excellent on this site and it'd be a shame to lose that.

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

Surely the best way to deal with it next season is write a script whereby we can enter all premiership teams and it will generate all possible permutations for a fixture list order. Publish them all before DataCo. Then FISO would own the copyright. :D

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

cherylhoney wrote:
Surely the best way to deal with it next season is write a script whereby we can enter all premiership teams and it will generate all possible permutations for a fixture list order. Publish them all before DataCo. Then FISO would own the copyright. :D
I like it. :)

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Cheers murf. It's been a mainstay of FISO for a long, long time in one format or another. Thanks for all your efforts in keeping others entertained :-)

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Spencer4 wrote:That was a mistake IMO. The least you have to do with them the better, once you start dialogue, they'll be all over this Site with a fine-toothed comb.
I've been on this site for just 4 months and it's taken me this long until I've found this forum :shock: . Let them go through this with a fine-toothed comb - it'll take them way too long and won't be an appropriate use of their time. However, maybe they can explain to me how they heck murf has over 50,000 posts :D

My other thought on Dataco is I reckon they send out quite a lot of these emails/letters a week and see who bites and buys the license. There is no way they can possibly chase every forum/website globally who are posting fixtures. Not saying you should take the risk by carrying on now you taken it down but it's a bit like the TV License people sending out warning letters to addresses that don't have a registered TV License - they hope it'll make people pay

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

stuboy wrote:My other thought on Dataco is I reckon they send out quite a lot of these emails/letters a week and see who bites and buys the license. There is no way they can possibly chase every forum/website globally who are posting fixtures. Not saying you should take the risk by carrying on now you taken it down but it's a bit like the TV License people sending out warning letters to addresses that don't have a registered TV License - they hope it'll make people pay
The problem is that they go via the ISP and get you cut-off ... see
http://www.bsad.org/0506/reports/fixtures_letter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Interesting that the ISP acted based on a single email with absolutely no proof of DataCo's claims.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Jester wrote:Rightly or wrongly it's done now.

All I wanted to do was make sure it was known we don't actually post any fixtures. If they know exactly what's involved in the game maybe, just maybe we will be allowed to continue.
I agree that we have nothing to hide. If DataCo ever do come in and get awkward, we can point them to numerous examples where we have removed fixtures lists in the past, as soon as we have been notified about them, including this incident with FISO goals.

I fully sympathise with Chris taking the position that he doesn't want the hassle and we have to respect that. Hopefully DataCo will get shafted by the EC sometime soon and be forced to go and leech off something else.

re: Chris' point about it would be easy for most of us to compile a fixture list, I'm not so sure. I know this is from the EPL's own site but it does give insight into the complexities involved - http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headl ... 11,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It certainly seems to be a very time-consuming process.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17218968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

European court rules that fixture lists cannot be subject to copyright laws, now waiting for English courts to accept that judgement.

Then it's game on again :-)

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

bspittles wrote:Then it's game on again :-)
Nearly...

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2012 ... pert-says/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bye bye Dataco. :twisted:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

F**k off Dataco you bunch of c*nts. 8-)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Latic wrote:F**k off Dataco you bunch of c*nts. 8-)
Oi :evil: I've got that phrase copyrighted and you owe me £10,000.

Nice try with the asterisks but it doesn't cut it with me!

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

:lol:

Should be D**aco really shouldn't it. Greedy, killjoy arseholes that they are.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

murf wrote:
Latic wrote:F**k off Dataco you bunch of c*nts. 8-)
Oi :evil: I've got that phrase copyrighted and you owe me £10,000.

Nice try with the asterisks but it doesn't cut it with me!
:lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO GOALS (Premiership Predictions)”