To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daznvern Rmt Overhaul

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Daznvern
Kevin and Perry

Daznvern Rmt Overhaul

Post by Daznvern »

What you think to this and any advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Re: Daznvern Rmt Overhaul

Post by Cars and Mané »

Very good. Most of the sensible overhaul sides I've seen have a similar structure. Just personal preference on a few players.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Cars and Mané wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 21:12 Very good. Most of the sensible overhaul sides I've seen have a similar structure. Just personal preference on a few players.
Really? I don't like to disagree with someone of your pedigree but i really don't like it.

Daznvern
Kevin and Perry

Post by Daznvern »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 21:28
Cars and Mané wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 21:12 Very good. Most of the sensible overhaul sides I've seen have a similar structure. Just personal preference on a few players.
Really? I don't like to disagree with someone of your pedigree but i really don't like it.
Care to share why you dont like it and advice?

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Not a bad looking team in my opinion. My main reservation would be Ceballos, given the number of fixtures Arsenal have coming up that might warrant a captain. You could strike lucky, but I've already mentioned in a similar thread that I'd feel a whole lot happier in those games giving the armband to a proven 20-goal a season striker.

Not sure what future transfers you have in mind, but you might want a captain for the Leicester v Newcastle game on the 29th.

Good luck!

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 21:28
Yep. For me those players are perfectly fine and I'm sure they'll all be in the teams of the good Sky players in some combination. I currently have 6/11 and have strongly considered 3 of the remaining 5.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

What i really don't like about the team is the way it sets up your captain choices. I know the game isn't all about captains but this weekend looks like it could be heavy scoring.

The 3 big games Saturday that could have big returns for captains are Liverpool v Newcastle, Norwich v Man City and Spurs v Palace. There's a 40-50pointer there somewhere and i don't think it's Aguero who's not great away from home and is it one of those games where he doesn't start? Even if he does start you'd expect City to be 2 ahead by half time and he'll get subbed after 60mins. My concern there is Salah/Kane gets 40pts and Aguero gets a zero for not playing.

Sunday Watford v Arsenal,there are so many captain opportunities over the coming weeks for Arsenal i really can't see past having the joint golden boot winner in your team. Having Ceballos could cost you 10-20 points.

Your monday captain is understandable to keep within the budget, but i reckon will cost you 10-20pts.

If you look at the team and take away captains it looks solid, but then when you look at it with captains then to me it looks like a strong possibility your captain choices will cost you at least 50pts this weekend.

And for those that say it's a season game, yep but if you look again next weekend then the Sunday captain won't be good enough.

I just feel the balance isn't quite right between a good team, and good captain picks.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

5 of the players make up the core of my two teams. The other 5 I feel could have rotation or rest due to European competitions so I wont risk. And I only pick the best keepers in my teams. So Allison or Ederson for me.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 09:13 What i really don't like about the team is the way it sets up your captain choices. I know the game isn't all about captains but this weekend looks like it could be heavy scoring.

The 3 big games Saturday that could have big returns for captains are Liverpool v Newcastle, Norwich v Man City and Spurs v Palace. There's a 40-50pointer there somewhere and i don't think it's Aguero who's not great away from home and is it one of those games where he doesn't start? Even if he does start you'd expect City to be 2 ahead by half time and he'll get subbed after 60mins. My concern there is Salah/Kane gets 40pts and Aguero gets a zero for not playing.

Sunday Watford v Arsenal,there are so many captain opportunities over the coming weeks for Arsenal i really can't see past having the joint golden boot winner in your team. Having Ceballos could cost you 10-20 points.

Your monday captain is understandable to keep within the budget, but i reckon will cost you 10-20pts.

If you look at the team and take away captains it looks solid, but then when you look at it with captains then to me it looks like a strong possibility your captain choices will cost you at least 50pts this weekend.

And for those that say it's a season game, yep but if you look again next weekend then the Sunday captain won't be good enough.

I just feel the balance isn't quite right between a good team, and good captain picks.
All valid points. I agree to varying degrees.

It's about trade offs for me. Not having Aubameyang means you can have three other strikers. If Ceballos makes the number ten spot his own that might be worth it. Especially if Aubameyang is out wide.

Going Guilbert on Monday saves you a transfer. Maybe multiple transfers if you decide you want to go from Haller to a premium striker.

For what it's worth, I don't have either of them. But lots of good players do.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I dont like the thought of having 3 premium strikers playing on the same day. You're not getting best value if you dont captain them.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Generally, yeah. But a) the season isn't one Saturday at the beginning of the overhaul and b) with those fixtures you may well want both Sterling and Aguero.

Daznvern
Kevin and Perry

Post by Daznvern »

Is this any better so far?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 15:15 Generally, yeah. But a) the season isn't one Saturday at the beginning of the overhaul and b) with those fixtures you may well want both Sterling and Aguero.
But not having Aubameyang isn't just for one day. There's more than 1 match day where he looks to be the best choice.

On paper with Citys fixtures i'd like Sterling and Aguero but i just know based on the last 2 years i've been playing unless City have the first kick off then getting a decent return on Aguero as captain is like chasing a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Daznvern wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 16:51 Is this any better so far?
I like that much better. Aguero is just too much of a gamble unless you get to see team news first. Chelsea look to have a few decent fixtures coming up but also some injured players due back so i do wonder about Mount and his game time.

If you think Aguero will start and fill his boots you could always use a transfer on Sunday for Aubameyang

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

At his price, I think Mount is worth the risk for anyone starting with him. It's not as if he's given Lampard any reason to drop him so far. If it doesn't pan out, there are quite a few viable alternatives in his price range if needed, so he's an easy swap out.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Johnners wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 19:14 At his price, I think Mount is worth the risk for anyone starting with him. It's not as if he's given Lampard any reason to drop him so far. If it doesn't pan out, there are quite a few viable alternatives in his price range if needed, so he's an easy swap out.
Doesn't that depend on how many risks you are taking already though? The team above already has a few risks.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

Mount's ownership has been rising steadily since the start of the international break and he's now in nearly 60% of the top 1000 teams so, if his form continues, before long it might be more of a risk not having him.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

God only knows how Aguero is perceived as a risk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Billy Stark wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 21:00 God only knows how Aguero is perceived as a risk :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D

Apparently, 'he's not great away from home'. Only 71 away PL goals from 114 starts (plus 15 as sub)...... that's pants.

If you factor in the slow start he's made to the season - just the 6 goals from 3 starts and 1 sub appearance and Norwich being as tight as a Scotsman at a free bar....you'd be mad to even mention his name he's so risky :)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Aguero away from home has been in decline for the last couple of Seasons in the PL.

Haven’t got time at the moment but Im sure someone has the Season by Season stats somewhere.

He’s still capable though of hitting a hatrick verses anyone, even Away from home.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Yeah his stats away from home are much worse. But he's still pretty good. Think last year he was 0.4 xG per away game and 0.9 at home.

And Norwich are quite possibly the worst defensive team in the league with a bunch of injuries...

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

As a few people like to have a dig at ILBN (including me now & again) this time i'll pop up in defence of him.

The risk is not just judging whether or not an alternative is likely to outscore him. You also have to factor in 2 Man City strikers taking up the extremely valuable striker & captain slots.
If one takes the position that Aguero is a better pick than Sterling that's fair enough.
If however you're squeezing both in - that's a whole different kettle of fish.
Either it means lots of planned juggling & transfers OR relying on a Liverpool defender as captain (no pool striker), OR relying on an Arsenal midfielder (no Auba) OR both of the above to squeeze in Kane or whoever tickles your fancy.

Assuming Sterling is your Man City Captain which of the following appeals more over the next 6 weeks?

KDB + Auba(Cpt x 5) OR Aguero + Pepe(Cpt x 5) +1M

I Know i prefer the LHS of that equation by a distance.

Anyway each to their own - it would be very boring if we all had 10 players the same like FPL or dream team.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I believe Aguero is a risk with Jesus on the scene. Especially with a compressed September including other competitions. Not to mention the inevitable one or two injuries he picks up season after season. Save them transfers!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks for the backup guys on Aguero.

I was lucky enough to pick up on the Jesus injury and put Aguero in for two great captain performances before the overhaul. But i'm not letting that blind me, as i had two seasons of wasting transfers trying to chase the Aguero pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Pep with Aguero was just too hard to predict. Sometimes he wouldn't play, sometimes dragged off when the game was won after 60mins.

This season more than ever because of the positional changes 3 strikers seems more important. Having Aguero is not only a risk on whether he gets gametime but also a risk with the player you dont have that you should have in his place.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

We'll need to agree to disagree.

If people were saying he's a risk to captain then I can get on board with that as it is tough to second guess Pep as ILBN states but the guy will be in amongst the top scoring strikers (if not top scorer) come the season end so to say he is a risk is nonsense in my opinion.

I'm going for Sterling myself over Aguero but that is purely down to pricing. There will be times when I have both Aguero and Sterling throughout the season. GW12 for example looks a prime time to get both in once Vardy has played.

There are plenty of players who will score well that will be subject to rotation, that's just modern football.

Kane and Salah seem to be the only ones fairly immune to rotation. Aubameyang will be rotated/rested, does that make him a riskier than Aguero? Especially when you consider he will be your captain on most of these Sunday fixtures?

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Auba and Lacazette were rotated loads last year... if that happens in the next 6 matches, transfers are going to be burnt through!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”