To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Where did i go wrong

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Where did i go wrong

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Pickford
Christensen
Digne
Guilbert
Siggy
KDB
Milivojevic
Jota
Aubameyang
Salah
Abraham

3rd season playing and yet again i cannot pick a team from scratch. I obviously now know who the culprits are of the low scoring, but is there anything that you look at there and immediately think that's a crap selection (if it can be done without the bias of hindsight). Or maybe it's just a case of being unlucky.

rodduz
FISOhead

Re: Where did i go wrong

Post by rodduz »

Nowt wrong with that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Only dodgy pick there is Christensen. Other ten perfectly decent picks.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Lack of patience....

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cheers Rodduz, yep Maldini so with just the one i can put it down to bad luck that my team underperformed.

Yorkshire Exile, i really don't understand that comment. It's 4 games....how do you have patience for 4 games? If a player doesnt perform after 2 games that's 50% of games gone. There's alot of points at play for 2 games with the right move.

Being so far behind got me to react by transferring Salah to Aguero which gained me well over 50pts. If you're saying i should have sat tight, i'd be in terrible position now.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Team is fine. The Salah to Aguero move was very good. I'm annoyed at myself for missing it.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

If you've only done salah to aggro I will withdraw my comment..... I don't think your starting team is bad just not had the roll of the dice. With rudiger out and Chelsea mainly good fixtures christensen was a decent shout and one I toyed with. Kante not playing is what has hurt Chelsea imo.

A good start is always nice - but I'm not sure the results thus far are going to be representative necessarily going forward....

I think there is likely to be much more variety in teams this year

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 13:27 Team is fine. The Salah to Aguero move was very good. I'm annoyed at myself for missing it.
It was the injury to Jesus that made it worthwhile for me. If Jesus was fit you never know how much time Aguero gets.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 15:39 If you've only done salah to aggro I will withdraw my comment..... I don't think your starting team is bad just not had the roll of the dice. With rudiger out and Chelsea mainly good fixtures christensen was a decent shout and one I toyed with. Kante not playing is what has hurt Chelsea imo.

A good start is always nice - but I'm not sure the results thus far are going to be representative necessarily going forward....

I think there is likely to be much more variety in teams this year
Cheers for the feedback.

Yep, the forwards are a nightmare this season. Perm 3 from about 8 at the moment and then there's only one quality midfielder in the game.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I said at the start of the season that I thought the decision to reclassify so many attacking midfielders as forwards would be to the detriment of the game.

The dearth of picks in midfield means most will pick three cheapies and load up their front three and defence.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

With a wholesale team review after 4 weeks think minimising risk earlydoors is maybe the way to go. Milivojevic reliant on zaha for his penalties who was possibly leaving so may not have been on top form. Christensen Guilbert Abraham and Jota (with europa) all not certain to start - but agreed some very good value picks. Some of the gambles will pay off some won’t but after 4 weeks one has the chance to reassess so safety first - but what do I know I put Ross Barkley in a team which was a ridiculous gamble to take.

Just Give Up
Wideboy

Post by Just Give Up »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 12:24 Lack of patience....
I'll double that. It's a long season, have patience. Patience is key even if your players are not preforming atm they might get form after overall. Swings and round abouts with this game.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Just Give Up wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 20:06
Yorkshire Exile wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 12:24 Lack of patience....
I'll double that. It's a long season, have patience. Patience is key even if your players are not preforming atm they might get form after overall. Swings and round abouts with this game.
How can patience be the key with there only being 4 games before the overhaul. You havent got time for players to find form.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”