To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO ISO 2019/2020

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO ISO 2019/2020

Post by coleridge »

Malrom, sorry no real idea why you can't see the sky thread, unless you are not scrolling down far enough, when I click on fiso forums skysports fantasy football is the 26th thread down between the old ofl thread and a daily mail ff thread.

As for consequences, its not my call obviously but I personally don't think there should be any, you obviously didn't seek to gain any advantage and you used four extra transfers :shock: to make your team more like everyone else's, that seems to be more than enough punishment for anyone :) .

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Although I was eager to shut down any discussion re rule changes before/during the overhaul, it seems obvious that we have now outgrown the current rules.

I still think we would be best served making the final decision towards the end of the season, but now the overhaul is over, it seems sensible to canvas opinion.

At the moment I think my preferred option would be to leave the opening weekend as it is and then have it voluntary whether you followed the previous year winners overhaul team, this way we still get lively debate during the overhaul, but no problem if people forget or dislike the team.

I personally would almost certainly go with previous year winners overhaul team provided they had done likewise .

What's everyone else's thoughts?

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

coleridge wrote:Although I was eager to shut down any discussion re rule changes before/during the overhaul, it seems obvious that we have now outgrown the current rules.

I still think we would be best served making the final decision towards the end of the season, but now the overhaul is over, it seems sensible to canvas opinion.

At the moment I think my preferred option would be to leave the opening weekend as it is and then have it voluntary whether you followed the previous year winners overhaul team, this way we still get lively debate during the overhaul, but no problem if people forget or dislike the team.

I personally would almost certainly go with previous year winners overhaul team provided they had done likewise .

For me I like the idea of a 'reset' at every overhaul as otherwise it just makes it another league

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Just to clarify I'm only referring to the first (September) overhaul, the later (March?) overhaul has always been a free for all.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

coleridge wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 09:45 Malrom, sorry no real idea why you can't see the sky thread, unless you are not scrolling down far enough, when I click on fiso forums skysports fantasy football is the 26th thread down between the old ofl thread and a daily mail ff thread.

As for consequences, its not my call obviously but I personally don't think there should be any, you obviously didn't seek to gain any advantage and you used four extra transfers :shock: to make your team more like everyone else's, that seems to be more than enough punishment for anyone :) .
I obviously didn't explain it well enoguh, coleridge, I'm sorry!
I know my way to the Sky thread, no problem, but I do not access it regularly.
I normally use the View Latest: 1 Day way, but the SKY thread doesn't appear there. I would have come across it, if it would. And I certainly would have seen all the posts.

Again, I have only myself to blame!
Thank you for your proposal, I would happily go with it.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 11:02 Although I was eager to shut down any discussion re rule changes before/during the overhaul, it seems obvious that we have now outgrown the current rules.

Cheers for raising this. My vote is to

a) keep it simple
b) don’t offer a choice!

Aim being to maximise participation and likelihood of everybody getting it right, while retaining the spirit of ISO which is all about who manages the starting line up best over the season. As Rodduz says it just becomes like any other mini league otherwise.

As for changes, I think a free for all after day 1 is a positive change (rather than after first weekend).

So..

1. Same sides and captain for day 1. Free for all thereafter (this year this would have meant we could all have got rid of Allison on the Sat - like Cpt -11 did). Side selected by previous winner like now.

2. Same sides and captains for day 1 after the first overhaul. Free for all thereafter (this year anyone with an Auba itch could’ve scratched it last Sunday). Side selected by current leader - a nice little reward/incentive to get up there.

Nice and simple. I’d even be happy to do the same in Jan overhaul as in 2 above.

I see no point any more in keeping the line up for the entire weekend, I think that was a TFFO legacy where we couldn’t see teams or something (ie a simple way to check via all having the same score). Unleash the beast early and have fun.

Keep the rest the same as it’s fab.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Wouldn't have any problem with option 1 but not at all enamoured with option 2. I think it would just lead to a transfer arms race.

The table at the overhaul this year pretty much reflected transfers burned with you profligate types :wink: ; at the top and the more circumspect at the bottom.

Although I guess some sort of handicap (- 10 points per transfer) would work, but as you rightly say it needs to be kept simple and a handicap system ain't that.
Last edited by coleridge on 18 Sep 2019, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

was just about to make a long post.
NorthernMonkey's option 1 was exactly the same as I was going to say.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 15:49 Wouldn't have any problem with option 1 but not at all enamoured with option 2. I think it would just lead to a transfer arms race.

The table at the overhaul this year pretty much reflected transfers burned with you profligate types :wink: ; at the top and the more circumspect at the bottom.

Although I guess some sort of handicap (- 10 points per transfer) would work, but as you rightly say it needs to be kept simple and a handicap system ain't that.
Pah! Clearly it was laced with self interest :wink:

Though fair point, plus don’t need any further incentive to burn early transfers.

The simpler it is (and less change) the better, so stick with previous years winner throughout. So long as whoever it is gets a wriggle on to satisfy us impatient types.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

CptPugwash wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 16:01 was just about to make a long post.
NorthernMonkey's option 1 was exactly the same as I was going to say.
Nice. So..

Previous years winner selects all:

1. Same sides and captain for day 1. Free for all thereafter.

2. Same sides and captains for day 1 after the Sept overhaul. Free for all thereafter.

3. Ditto for Jan overhaul? Just sticking it out there..

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

1) Yes I can live with that

2) Not sure , it was sorta like herding cats this year and if we grow again it will be even worse. I still think the voluntary solution is a decent one.

3) No! When I'm just outside the top 100 with 33 transfers left :lol: : I don't want anyone picking my team.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Last year I think all teams were aligned no problem at the Sept overhaul. This year was fine but for 2 sides, but the side was posted much later.

ISO means equal (ancient Greek - far too high brow for me), but the idea being to start with the same side. If there’s a choice to ignore the previous winners picks and go DIY at the overhaul, then I’d probably just do that. My preferred front 3 of Auba, Abraham and Mane and block Spurs defence would’ve been just fine last weekend :mrgreen:

Re 3. Yep agree.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

More than happy to go with that :D . (Previous years winner picks day one of gameweek one and day one of first overhaul.) I guess we would need to agree on what to do with any non compliance :( .

On the bright side I promise to put up my overhaul team for discussion Good and early next season. :mrgreen:
Last edited by coleridge on 18 Sep 2019, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

3) - I'd suggest that whoever (transfers adjusted) is leading picks the team at the 2nd overhaul.
Anyone else who thinks they are in with a chance with the actual dosh prizes & doesn't like the finalised team, simply drops from the league.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

CptPugwash wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 17:45 3) - I'd suggest that whoever (transfers adjusted) is leading picks the team at the 2nd overhaul.
Anyone else who thinks they are in with a chance with the actual dosh prizes & doesn't like the finalised team, simply drops from the league.
I'm not fundamentally against this, but half the league won't be around by then and you also have to go down the 🐇 hole that is transfer value.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

CptPugwash wrote:3) - I'd suggest that whoever (transfers adjusted) is leading picks the team at the 2nd overhaul.
Good idea

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Malrom wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 15:38
coleridge wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 09:45 Malrom, sorry no real idea why you can't see the sky thread, unless you are not scrolling down far enough, when I click on fiso forums skysports fantasy football is the 26th thread down between the old ofl thread and a daily mail ff thread.

I obviously didn't explain it well enoguh, coleridge, I'm sorry!
I know my way to the Sky thread, no problem, but I do not access it regularly.
I normally use the View Latest: 1 Day way, but the SKY thread doesn't appear there. I would have come across it, if it would. And I certainly would have seen all the posts.

Again, I have only myself to blame!
Thank you for your proposal, I would happily go with it.
I'm happy with this.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I think:

Last season's winner picks the opening team. Managers free to make transfers once each player's team has played its opening fixture. [So, if a goalkeeper gets injured on the opening day, he can be replaced. But, I don't think we should be able to transfer out a player playing on the first Monday before they've actually played, assuming their real life manager picks them, of course - and if they are not picked by the real life manager, that's tough.]

First overhaul - difficult. Inclining towards free-for-all, as otherwise there is a risk that managers making transfers over weeks 2-4 have to second-guess what last season's winner will do when the overhaul comes along. Or run the risk that a player they have brought in is not selected by last season's winner, thereby making the use of any transfer in weeks 2-4 less appealing. That might mean shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of the overall game. I can see counterarguments though.

Second overhaul. As per selection of the opening team and rules for game week 1.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Do we need a rule/understanding about when the final side both at the start of the season and the first overhaul (if we go that way) will be posted. I would suggest 72 hours which hopefully gives the opportunity for reminder messages to be sent if necessary, 24 hours before the deadling.

Agree with having the freedom to make changes after Day 1 of the opening GW.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 20:43 Do we need a rule/understanding about when the final side both at the start of the season and the first overhaul (if we go that way) will be posted. I would suggest 72 hours which hopefully gives the opportunity for reminder messages to be sent if necessary, 24 hours before the deadling.
Sounds like a good idea.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Biscuitman wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 20:40 I think:

Last season's winner picks the opening team. Managers free to make transfers once each player's team has played its opening fixture. [So, if a goalkeeper gets injured on the opening day, he can be replaced. But, I don't think we should be able to transfer out a player playing on the first Monday before they've actually played, assuming their real life manager picks them, of course - and if they are not picked by the real life manager, that's tough.]

First overhaul - difficult. Inclining towards free-for-all, as otherwise there is a risk that managers making transfers over weeks 2-4 have to second-guess what last season's winner will do when the overhaul comes along. Or run the risk that a player they have brought in is not selected by last season's winner, thereby making the use of any transfer in weeks 2-4 less appealing. That might mean shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of the overall game. I can see counterarguments though.

Second overhaul. As per selection of the opening team and rules for game week 1.
It doesn't make the slightest difference what the team is at the first overhaul. When you make transfers in the first 4 weeks it is entirely for that 4 week period only.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Cpt Pugwash - I thought about this, and you are of course quite right. I was talking complete nonsense. :roll:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Proper captain headache Pepe or Salah.. Pepe Salah Pepe Salah. I’ve been back and forth.

Made my move yesterday with Aguero, backfired a little with KDB’s blinder but Otamendi bridged the gap for me. All these Auba’s coming in are making me nervous, im keeping faith. Time for Pepe to deliver :twisted:

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Salah for me today

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Pepe... was I allowed to make a transfer today? I have but only now thinking did I have to wait until weekend is over?

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

rodduz wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 14:12 Pepe... was I allowed to make a transfer today? I have but only now thinking did I have to wait until weekend is over?

Yep. Make transfers whenever you fancy from here.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Phew!

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Just a quick hat tip to Nbbbee, now that all seven mids and forwards have scored since the overhaul.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Not a bad pick was it!

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 18:52 Just a quick hat tip to Nbbbee, now that all seven mids and forwards have scored since the overhaul.
Indeed. Impressive that, loving McGinn. I see some now have 2 Villa players in their squad :wink:

Big weekend, big scores and some big variation in our teams already. Impressed by Arsenal, no coincidence they got their act together once Xhaka was subbed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”