To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Overhaul headache!

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
rodduz
FISOhead

Overhaul headache!

Post by rodduz »

I wish there wasn't one!!!! Head ache for days!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maldini
Dumbledore

Re: Overhaul headache!

Post by Maldini »

I’ve got the week off work and I spent three hours this morning doing mine. Ended up with virtually the same team I had anyway.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

just imagine if it mattered :lol:

think i'm there.... just a question of when I win not if....

Maldini
Dumbledore

Overhaul headache!

Post by Maldini »

Pride always matters Yorkie. Image

Managed to get my best team from outside the top 10k just before Christmas up to 691st.

15 transfers to play with after the overhaul so aiming for top 200 and I’ve learnt a few lessons along the way for next season.

All the best with yours though mate.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Matters to me to stay at the top of my private money leagues...

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

It was a joke gents.... I lost all pride and dignity years ago.... Just going for the cash. Maldini knows it.... But just in case you didn't....

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Yorkshire Exile wrote:It was a joke gents.... I lost all pride and dignity years ago.... Just going for the cash. Maldini knows it.... But just in case you didn't....
Smashing it mate. Hope you get the dollar!

ragamuffin
Treebeard
FS Record: good

Post by ragamuffin »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 16:55 just imagine if it mattered :lol:

think i'm there.... just a question of when I win not if....

How many transfers do you have left? if its anything less than 11 then I would think you would really struggle to finish in the money positions.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Are you speaking from experience or just plucking a random number from thin air :?:

ragamuffin
Treebeard

Post by ragamuffin »

Toffeeman wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 12:03 Are you speaking from experience or just plucking a random number from thin air :?:
Judging by the top 10 average transfers remaining and the quality of players that are up there.

Democracy Manifest
Kevin and Perry

Post by Democracy Manifest »

ragamuffin wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 12:21
Toffeeman wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 12:03 Are you speaking from experience or just plucking a random number from thin air :?:
Judging by the top 10 average transfers remaining and the quality of players that are up there.
Hi ragamuffin, any chance you could paste a link to the latest transfers remaining info for the top 10, top 100 etc? The latest non-paywalled info I could find is from the 22nd of Jan on Fantasy Football Hub. Am I looking in the wrong place?

ragamuffin
Treebeard

Post by ragamuffin »

Democracy Manifest wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 13:12
ragamuffin wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 12:21
Hi ragamuffin, any chance you could paste a link to the latest transfers remaining info for the top 10, top 100 etc? The latest non-paywalled info I could find is from the 22nd of Jan on Fantasy Football Hub. Am I looking in the wrong place?
That's the one I have too DM. Plus I know of the guys in the top 10 and he has a lot more than most and is a serious player.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

I got 15. I think hitting Capts more important than transfers though. The aggro double hatty demoed this.
Who is yer mate?

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

Think your done for Andy, especially as your not being classed as a serious player :D

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

I'm not that serious

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

True, just lucky :D

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

:twisted: i will take a bit of luck from here on.... I'm not proud

ragamuffin
Treebeard

Post by ragamuffin »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 13:57 I got 15. I think hitting Capts more important than transfers though. The aggro double hatty demoed this.
Who is yer mate?
Yeh for sure. More transfers allows you to hit more captains though and also deal with inevitable injuries come the last quarter of the season.

If you truly have 15 transfers then you are in a good position.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Always a tortoise..... Just my style of play

And yep I know its a good position :roll:

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

I'd be worried about Carragher in 37th!

ragamuffin
Treebeard

Post by ragamuffin »

get_on_my_cocker wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 22:33 I'd be worried about Carragher in 37th!
Ha yeh. He's doing well isn't he. Wonder how many transfers he has left though. Not as much as Yorkie I bet :wink:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Only be worried about him gobbing at you en route

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I'm running very short of transfers so not spent much time on the overhaul.

1st team inside the top 300, 2nd team inside the top 4000 but expect to drop rapidly as i just wont have much choice of captains for the rest of the season.

Hopefully learnt a few things this season that will help me become more competitive next season.

The one thing i'm still not clear on is premium v cheap defenders. The ownership thread still doesnt clear that up for me. Think i might split it 50/50 next season and have 2 that i can rely on for bonus points and 2 enablers that allow me good attacking options.

Done my overhaul in about 10 mins. The only way i can stay competitive with a lack of transfers is a gamble on a cheap block defence and 3 premium attackers

Good luck to everyone who's got ££££ to play for.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Down to 9 transfers myself. Was on 24 4 game weeks back

But them 4 gameweeks did see me climb to 30 points outside Top 100.

Not sure having a shed load at the end is that good or not? Suppose it allows you fo gamble or not but ultimately it allows you to get more than 11 players scoring in any one game week. But in being able to do that now surely must mean points left on the table when not doing that in previous areas of the season. So all swings and roundabouts if you ask me.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 21:36 Down to 9 transfers myself. Was on 24 4 game weeks back Image

Not sure having a shed load at the end is that good or not? Suppose it allows you fo gamble or not but ultimately it allows you to get more than 11 players scoring in any one game week. But in being able to do that now surely must mean points left on the table when not doing that in previous areas of the season. So all swings and roundabouts if you ask me.

I think it just boils down to effective your transfers were at boosting your score. For me i've had far too many where i used them as captains and got 4 pts.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:
rodduz wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 21:36 Down to 9 transfers myself. Was on 24 4 game weeks back Image

I think it just boils down to effective your transfers were at boosting your score. For me i've had far too many where i used them as captains and got 4 pts.
Agree with that. Had a few of them myself. Biggest losses is captaining wrong choice. That's a lot of luck involved but also discipline to play the percentages.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 21:55
itslikebrandnew wrote:

Agree with that. Had a few of them myself. Biggest losses is captaining wrong choice. That's a lot of luck involved but also discipline to play the percentages.

It's a double whammy loss of a transfer and losing out on a player you already had getting 20pts plus. It's happened numerous times to me this season.

I was happy to get Pogba in my teams at the right time though and Paterson at 5.2m i got in nice and early with him so there are some highlights to my season.

It might just be that by not having a couple of Liverpool defenders in from almost the start that it was always going to be an uphill struggle.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Lets be honest, nobody thought Liverpool were going to have a pop like they did so anyone can be forgiven for not having 2 Liverpool defenders in from the off

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

True, wonder how many Liverpool supporters are in the top 100 though.

I've got my 0.2% secret weapon for this overhaul. He'll claw me back some points :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”