To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bad luck or bad management?

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Bad luck or bad management?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I put it down to bad luck, but was it bad management going from Salah to Aubameyang to chase extra games and easier fixtures and missing out on those 48pts.

Is it just as simple as a coin toss decision and getting it wrong. Anyone any thoughts ?

rodduz
FISOhead

Re: Bad luck or bad management?

Post by rodduz »

Suppose with Salah not exactly being on top form can see why you would but he's still class and that's what he's capable of. More of a gamble to ditch him than keep I would have said though...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 19:37 I put it down to bad luck, but was it bad management going from Salah to Aubameyang to chase extra games and easier fixtures and missing out on those 48pts.

Is it just as simple as a coin toss decision and getting it wrong. Anyone any thoughts ?
There’s a few top managers made the same move. With Liverpool away to a decent team and Arsenal playing home to a poor team (plus the extra midweek game when Salah didn’t start) the move to me is entirely sensible.

I feel bad enough for not choosing to captain Salah.

There’s further difficult decisions ahead. Saturday (Aguero or Kane) and Sunday (Aubaor Salah). You obviously can’t cover everyone all the time and even when you do you still risk choosing the wrong captain.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

wandacatvenus wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 22:18
itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 19:37 I put it down to bad luck, but was it bad management going from Salah to Aubameyang to chase extra games and easier fixtures and missing out on those 48pts.

There’s a few top managers made the same move. With Liverpool away to a decent team and Arsenal playing home to a poor team (plus the extra midweek game when Salah didn’t start) the move to me is entirely sensible.

I feel bad enough for holding Salah not choosing to captain Salah.

There’s further difficult decisions ahead. Saturday (Aguero or Kane) and Sunday (Aubaor Salah). You obviously can’t cover everyone all the time and even when you do you still risk choosing the wrong captain. Whoever wins this game will be a skilful manager but will have had more than an average share of luck on the 50/50 calls as well

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Rotten luck IMO and certainly not something to beat yourself up over.

Salah had gone 3 games without scoring and Bournemouth are a decent side.

Auba is on form, Arsenal beat Huddersfield 5-0 at the Emirates last season when they weren't generally playing well.

Ironically, teams with low transfer counts probably profited through choosing Salah by default - much as you did in our overhaul game - not that I'm bitter :D

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Just bad luck I'd say. Most of this game is just trying to push the probabilities a little further in your favour. Luck wins the day.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just checking that i'm not making any big mistakes that are obvious to others but not to me.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 22:18

I feel bad enough for not choosing to captain Salah.

There’s further difficult decisions ahead. Saturday (Aguero or Kane) and Sunday (Aubaor Salah). You obviously can’t cover everyone all the time and even when you do you still risk choosing the wrong captain.
Saturday i might just take the certainty of a City player playing as they kick off first. It seems we are at the point of the season that it's a bit of a lottery picking a captain from a team playing in Europe as to whether they even start in the PL.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”