To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 17 Captains

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Week 17 Captains

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Massive 2 game week coming up with 5 days of captain picks. Really hoping i don't pick this week to have a bad one :lol:

Both my teams doing great. T1 up inside the top 250, T2 almost inside the top 500. Will be interesting to see how far behind T2 is come the end of the season as i've been burning transfers with that team. That info will then help me plan better for next season.

Got these captains pencilled in for the week :-

Fri 30th - Jimenez

Sat 1st - Aguero

Sun 2nd - Hazard

Tues 4th - Aguero

Weds 5th - Kane

Same in both teams, but will no doubt change my mind on matchday.

Need 1 transfer in T1 to navigate me through the week with these picks, but 2 in T2. Might have to come up with a plan for T2 where i don't use any transfers.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Week 17 Captains

Looks like i've got this 50k in the bank as everyone has given up :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Aguero not even in the squad. That's me done with Aguero for this season. Too many fixtures coming up and i can't be doing with swapping him in and out or making sure i have a top quality alternative every time i want him as captain.

He was going to be taken out on the 5th anyway to return at a later date but now won't bother. So as it's just costing me 1 transfer i'm gambling on Jesus today. Hoping for somewhere between 20 and 50 for him. But will probably end up with 4 pts :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Got that one wrong. Going to need a few points off him on Tuesday or it's a wasted transfer

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

You would have got more points captaining Laporte. (Which is what I had to do at 2PM. Had to pull the car over to do the Captain change.

Jesus has been poor for some time now.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 19:21 You would have got more points captaining Laporte. (Which is what I had to do at 2PM. Had to pull the car over to do the Captain change.

Jesus has been poor for some time now.
I know, but i figured City wouldn't keep a clean sheet and Jesus would get a goal and maybe an assist as City would get at least 4.

It was an ideal game for Jesus to find his form. To be fair he should have got an assist when a player he passed to missed an absolute sitter (can't remember who it was).

I can't afford many more poor decisions now. Going to have to play it safe from now on with transfers.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Climbed another 80 places into the top 170 now. However i'm going to need alot of help tomorrow to wipe out clean sheets for Chelsea & Liverpool or i'll be dropping like a stone. Plus i'll also need to get the captain right tomorrow out of Hazard or Salah.

Good job i didn't dump Maddison as he was my only double digits scorer today.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 15:00 Aguero not even in the squad. That's me done with Aguero for this season. Too many fixtures coming up and i can't be doing with swapping him in and out or making sure i have a top quality alternative every time i want him as captain.

He was going to be taken out on the 5th anyway to return at a later date but now won't bother. So as it's just costing me 1 transfer i'm gambling on Jesus today. Hoping for somewhere between 20 and 50 for him. But will probably end up with 4 pts :lol:
Can't be bothered swapping aggro in and out so you bring in jesus..... Who you are going to have to swap out......

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 22:00
itslikebrandnew wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 15:00 Aguero not even in the squad. That's me done with Aguero for this season. Too many fixtures coming up and i can't be doing with swapping him in and out or making sure i have a top quality alternative every time i want him as captain.

Can't be bothered swapping aggro in and out so you bring in jesus..... Who you are going to have to swap out......
Jesus............but then you know this and you're just playing on words to try to make me look stupid.

I said i wont be swapping Aguero in and out of my team in future, i also won't be swapping Jesus in and out of my team either. All i've done is instead of swapping Aguero out on the 5th, i've swapped him out early for Jesus and Jesus goes on the 5th. People tell me that a transfer should be worth at least 10pts and i thought Jesus was a certainty to get at least 10pts yesterday. It didn't work out, but i still think that was the right move.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

There is a chance jesus plays and scores decent on Tuesday.... My point was you could have got who you want for Wednesday onwards for a 2-0 or 2-1 for one less transfer....

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 10:37 There is a chance jesus plays and scores decent on Tuesday.... My point was you could have got who you want for Wednesday onwards for a 2-0 or 2-1 for one less transfer....
But then i wouldn't have had what i considered a good captain for yesterday. I thought Jesus would get me 20+ points and for the cost of 1 transfer that would have been worth it wouldn't it?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Crap week for me, worst possible outcome for me with clean sheets for Chelsea and Liverpool.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Went OK..... :wink:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Looks like Jesus may get a 2nd chance midweek as Aguero is injured.

Really need 2 high scoring captain picks Tues and Weds to get back on track.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 21:25 Went OK..... :wink:
Looking sweet there in 3rd Yorkie. I suspect that the 2 above you are running on vapours by now. Best of luck mate.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

If it wasn't for the volatility of captains I'd be quietly confident.....can't grumble mind

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Nice work Yorkshire Exile.

I just can't hit a high scoring captain. Having 5 world class players i thought it would be easier.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

My caps were:

Boly (should have gone Doherty)
Laporte
Alonso (should have gone Luiz)

To come:
Laporte
Salah (maybe!)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Jesus gets another chance tonight as captain for T1.

T2 i've been shafted with as Sterling is on the bench. Time for Paterson to step in once again. Surely with him playing up front and listed as a defender gives him a decent chance of getting a few points. A goal/assist/clean sheet anything will do :lol:

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

No Laporte tonight...Lovely!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Nothing for Paterson tonight and Jesus doesn't look like he could score in a month of Sundays.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

10pts for Jesus, not a disaster but not best use of a transfer. I'll probably swap him out tonight.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Went with Kane tonight in both teams but had a gut feeling for Aubameyang.

After last season and not captaining Kane on Spurs "easier" fixtures and coming unstuck i can't go doing the same again this season.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Glad i have learnt from last season and went Kane. Managed to recover my position with T1 inside the top 250.

Was hoping for close to a 200pt week before the week started but after the bad start got to be happy just to not lose pace.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”