To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers left

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
rodduz
FISOhead

Re: How many transfers le

Post by rodduz »

Striker wrote:Those transfer figures look a bit dodgy to me.

I don't doubt that FFH have faithfully reproduced the figures that GFM/Sky/whoever has handed them, but I'm wondering if there might be an error in the counting software.

Only 15 left for the top 10 is credible as monthly hares will have used quite a few. But the top 5000 using an AVERAGE of 16.5 tests my belief in the figures.

Mind you if they are correct, they are, as itslikebrandnew says, rather encouraging for most Fiso managers.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they'd used that many

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Re: How many transfers left?

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:36
d1sable wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:15 May i suggest you contact sky and ask them to do that.

Again dont mean to sound rude

I have been trying for years myself to help them improve the game but considering they struggle to get even a clear layout of your weekly points on the site they may struggle.

Next season will be a big step foward though i think and hopefully this kind of data will be provided.
ok thanks Luke - and I appreciate you being so candid.

I have submitted this via their contact us (if anyone wishes to use):

I am aware you are providing statistical information to some of your pundits. Both Dan Cox and Luke Williams and possibly others appear to have access to breakdowns of transfers remaining and ownership, broken down by various portions of the leaderboard. This info is not generally available. This is potentially very helpful information, which in the interest of fairness should be either not provided at all (preferred) or provided to all players via your website or email. Please advise thanks.

Response from sky. Fair play to them.

Your current complaint was passed onto Sky on Tuesday afternoon and I have now heard back from them. They have agreed to post the information themselves via their social media channels each week, so please keep an eye out for those updates. The 2 entrants that you have mentioned were provided with the data to produce articles to help users, rather than provide any advantage to them..

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Tacalabala wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 08:03
Yorkshire Exile wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 21:09 Talking of exceptional....

Was looking to find the 16/17 sky threads but they pretty much all seem to have been deleted. This applies to the main thread and fiso mini league thread. Perhaps a mod could help as only a mod could have deleted

In fact there appears to have been no threads between August 2016 and July 2017 bar one about the knockout Cup.

Very strange given the Web archive suggests there were several threads over that year.
Have you tried looking at page 2 of Sky board?
Were you able to dig up the link for me? Had a look found 17/18 and 15/16 but threads within 16/17 gone.....

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 16:15
Tacalabala wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 08:03

Was looking to find the 16/17 sky threads but they pretty much all seem to have been deleted. This applies to the main thread and fiso mini league thread. Perhaps a mod could help as only a mod could have deleted

In fact there appears to have been no threads between August 2016 and July 2017 bar one about the knockout Cup.

Very strange given the Web archive suggests there were several threads over that year.
Have you tried looking at page 2 of Sky board?
Were you able to dig up the link for me? Had a look found 17/18 and 15/16 but threads within 16/17 gone.....
Under Sky Sport FF Mini Leagues and Side Games

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Ta

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Doesnt seem to be deleted??
viewtopic.php?f=375&t=121186

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

But some Sky stuff in 16/17 has been deleted probably from the thread which is being referred to as there is nothing there for the late Jan to April period. I can remember one post that I made in Sky 16/17 that is nowhere to be found today even after I searched for it using a word which I remember using. Someone has definitely deleted some Sky 16/17 posts.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Latest transfer information correct of the Twitter feed of Dan Cox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

hopefully them averages will be going up shortly :wink:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Your brilliant team that's shooting up the table with 40 transfers remaining won't, as a single team, have much effect on increasing those figures as it rises through the ranks :wink:

More seriously, although still light heartedly, if remaining transfers ever do increase over the previous week's numbers, due to monthly targeted teams dropping like stones, we'll have to wait a bit longer for it to happen methinks.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

a team with 40 transfers entering the top 10 would add ca 2.5 to the top figure.......assuming the other 9 keep their trigger fingers in their pocket..... and that anyone believes my team has 40 transfers.... :lol:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Case dismissed! You referred to increasing averages not average.

OK I admit that you used a transfer or two in order to zoom past my good self. :wink:

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Striker wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 14:05 More seriously, although still light heartedly, if remaining transfers ever do increase over the previous week's numbers, due to monthly targeted teams dropping like stones, we'll have to wait a bit longer for it to happen methinks.
Happened around GW12 last season.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

mad dog wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 17:54 Also I find the other site that has scrapped all the data much more interesting. I’ve managed to track yorkies team over the last few game weeks and coupled with the scores and what he’s said I reckon I could pretty much name his team and transfers used.
Unsure if you mean my site there - but I've added the leaderboard with weekly points now rather than having to keep searching individual managers

(May have to hit ctrl -f5 to update your menu (refresh cache))

See yah

Frank

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Striker wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 14:05 Your brilliant team that's shooting up the table with 40 transfers remaining won't, as a single team, have much effect on increasing those figures as it rises through the ranks :wink:

More seriously, although still light heartedly, if remaining transfers ever do increase over the previous week's numbers, due to monthly targeted teams dropping like stones, we'll have to wait a bit longer for it to happen methinks.
I decided to stop at 11th just to prove you right.... :wink:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

ffstuff wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 20:57
mad dog wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 17:54 Also I find the other site that has scrapped all the data much more interesting. I’ve managed to track yorkies team over the last few game weeks and coupled with the scores and what he’s said I reckon I could pretty much name his team and transfers used.
Unsure if you mean my site there - but I've added the leaderboard with weekly points now rather than having to keep searching individual managers

(May have to hit ctrl -f5 to update your menu (refresh cache))

See yah

Frank
Very interesting data. Looks to me that most of that Top 100 are moving downwards rather than upwards.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

I have not tracked anyone - other than having one or two roughly in my sights as a benchmark.....

Dunno if you have - but based on this interesting data it would seem premature to write a lot of teams off because of below average scores in a single week... Even though I hope you are right :lol:

64.5 the average score for the week

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

So to answer the initial question i have 1020pts - 27t left.

Ok position but i'm aware a few are def better off at this stage.

Looking at Dan's latest transfer info it seems madness that the top 10 have an average of 13 left. We need Yorkie to hit the top 10 to see if it goes up as it should.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

i'd say you've a chance of a top 100 finish

provided you don't bring in vokes

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Transfers left

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Got 24 transfers left but tempted to do 3 transfers tomorrow.

How many transfers you guys got left?

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Re: Transfers left

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 21:43 Got 24 transfers left but tempted to do 3 transfers tomorrow.

My count starts with a 3.

On the using one a week basis, there are 25 and a bit gameweeks left. I think 25 left is the minimum you should be looking for.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 09:50
itslikebrandnew wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 21:43 Got 24 transfers left but tempted to do 3 transfers tomorrow.

On the using one a week basis, there are 25 and a bit gameweeks left. I think 25 left is the minimum you should be looking for.
Thanks, how many points do you have? I've 1043 and seen 3 good opportunities for my team. I think i'll just prioritise and do the 1 transfer that i think i can gain the most with based on your info.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 11:17

Thanks, how many points do you have? I've 1043 and seen 3 good opportunities for my team. I think i'll just prioritise and do the 1 transfer that i think i can gain the most with based on your info.
As of Sunday morning. 1041pts.

My main issue at the moment is Sterling.

I could really do with a 541 formation being available.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 12:26
itslikebrandnew wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 11:17

As of Sunday morning. 1041pts.

My main issue at the moment is Sterling.

I could really do with a 541 formation being available.
I'm struggling with my midfield. I want Mane out and Sterling in but the only way for me to do that would be to downgrade Hazard or Maddison.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Btw my transfers Mitrovic to Jimenez and Otto to Vinagre.

Vinagre is a bit of gamble but as Otto will get 0 for a few weeks it made sense as the added bonus is that it frees up some cash.

old
Cheetah

Post by old »

anyone here know if the top 10 average transfers remaining stats are still being made available anywhere?

did a google search based on stuff said in this thread but couldn’t find anything more recent than feb 21st from an article at that ffh place.

would be very grateful if someone in the know could confirm if feb 21st was the most recent time this data was made available. or if not then point me towards where any more recent data might be.

not bothered about any of the other stats mentioned in this thread it’s just the top 10 transfer data i’m after. cheers.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

dont think theyve published since the overhaul and rightly so in my opinion

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Ruined it for everyone :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”