To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers left

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

How many transfers left?

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Hi Sky players

I am in 6437th position with 34/40 transfers left. I'm new to Sky so wondering if I am over or under using the transfers?

Thanks

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: How many transfers left?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Underusing slightly. I know some players on here seem to keep alot of transfers back, but if you use on average 1 a week you won't go far wrong.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I think there is no right or wrong answer here. It is nice to have a basis/structure to work with, and the one transfer a week one is a good one to follow. But i think if you just go with the flow and use when you need to (no hasty decisions), you'll do alright. For e.g i only use mine for injuries or if players have a tough run, and if i see a good oppurtunity on a monday night for a captain. When we had the transfer amnesty i made sure my team was set up well for coverage of monday night matches anyway so i wouldnt have to burn transfers. The more you have now the better. I have 35 left and i'm ranked 4493rd.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

north of 30. 62nd place... daring to dream :lol:

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 15:47 north of 30. 62nd place... daring to dream :lol:
Definitely

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

30 left, 764 points

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 16:26
Yorkshire Exile wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 15:47 north of 30. 62nd place... daring to dream :lol:
Definitely

Am I right in assuming that you / d1sable and others who are party to statistics that are not available via the website. Eg the numbers of players held by top 1000 / transfers remaining etc are not eligible to win prizes as a consequence of working with sky (as per the t&cs) and the advantage that this information might give?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Not sure that in practice the privileged information is of any real value in managing individual teams. Nevertheless your question shouldn't be ignored by those knowing the answer.

If, for example, d1sable is eligible for prizes, the very least that Sky should do is to show the data, that they allow him access to, on the game web site.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Average transfer information on Top 10. Top 100 and Top 1000 is published weekly on another forum.

Not sure how useful it is to know for example that the Top 10 have used massively more transfers than average.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Knowing % ownership of players within certain ranges of positions and transfers left is very useful I would argue. It allows you to determine how much risk you need to take with your own team in order to beat those teams.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

You can join FFH (If your not already a member) to access the Sky articles.

Disclaimer - I have no connection at all with FFH apart from being a member, which is available to any person.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Is this the paid for bit? Or free access?

Anyhow not sure this should be only available to members of certain places especially if this info is being provided by sky.

That would be akin to insider trading and must surely be against gambling commission rules?

d1sable
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: FFS Sky guy - best finish 4th overall

Post by d1sable »

Hi guys,

Ill respond regards to my data and what i receive.

Sky have provided me with data for probably around 5 years now, this is part of the arrangement I had with Fantasy Football Scout (FFS) and them to help promote their game and to provide weekly articles etc.

I have also done some work directly with them on occasion eg a few Facebook Live sessions.

This is much like the data that FPL provide FFS and other sources like "how many triple captained Kane in the top 100 etc".

The idea of course is to provide it to the community, they do this themselves but obviously the wider audience is more casual.

Geeks such as myself and you guys ;) want the hard stuff and that's where FFS and I come in.

Its all agreed with Sky and all data we have is provided, what you see is what we have.

So no i am not banned from winning prize money, hell if i am then i owe them some back.

So now to play devils advocate does that make anyone who has seen the data banned? Would you prefer i no longer get the data and publish it?

The idea as always is to support the Sky community and promote their game, there is nothing sinister going on here. Sky do not provide me with individual team/transfer info or anything of such ilk if that's what you think is going on?

Whilst FFS are not working with Sky (for this season, they may next) i have tried to give it out on the only platform i have (my twitter).

I can say from a personal point of view i don't even use the data to effect my decisions, i have always played my own game. Those that know me i'm sure would vouch for that but that's neither here nor there.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Cheers

Luke

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

thanks for the response luke - kudos for answering openly and honestly

i am nervous when sky provide any data to anyone - whether in exchange for game promotion or whatever.

I dont believe they should do this at all - the fault lies with them - as a subset of players should not have information that is not available to all.

i guess if you have it - you should publish it - else you personally risk your own teams being called into question

I think you can promote the game without these stats - Maddogs players of the week type speculation is fine - as it not reliant on info.

Just the sort of stuff mentioned above has already prompted some discussions re differentials and catch up strategies which would not be so well informed without the stats....

d1sable
Kevin and Perry

Post by d1sable »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 10:34 thanks for the response luke - kudos for answering openly and honestly

i am nervous when sky provide any data to anyone - whether in exchange for game promotion or whatever.

I dont believe they should do this at all - the fault lies with them - as a subset of players should not have information that is not available to all.

i guess if you have it - you should publish it - else you personally risk your own teams being called into question

I think you can promote the game without these stats - Maddogs players of the week type speculation is fine - as it not reliant on info.

Just the sort of stuff mentioned above has already prompted some discussions re differentials and catch up strategies which would not be so well informed without the stats....

Yes i guess i see what you mean but i wouldn't say its any different than going on Fantasy Football Scout to get specific info thats on not on the FPL site.

Or on FPL discovery site https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/

Or price changes http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

Some people may not know about these or have access to it, they are not promoted on the FPL site.

Like anything those that put the work in and look for what they want may get the results.

My info is not behind a paywall or for personal gain otherwise i would agree that's somewhat unethical.

In regards to the differentials and catch up stats the info generates for you guys thats what sky want, they want their hardcore audience to be engaged and are basically assisting you, its almost a thank you for your dedication i guess and of course its there for anyone to see if they really want to go looking

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Pretty poor stuff from sky to allow certain managers more info than others.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

i dont play FPL - but dont you win a t-shirt or something?

there is probably 80k at stake with sky

appreciate the need to drive website traffic - but i think a level playing field is key to any of these games. Of course for the serious player websites like fiso / fantasy football scout largely curate info which is in the public domain and various posters add their opinions on stuff. its when stuff is coming from game providers which is not in the public domain that it gets a bit iffy in my opinion

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Very dodgy

d1sable
Kevin and Perry

Post by d1sable »

Well like i say im not getting any info you guys are not.

I can see that doesnt seem to satisfy eveyone so I guess i would advise you contact sky and ask them to unravel the secret plot we have to make me win sky.

Thats the last ill say on the subject as my purpose was to help you guys and the community but clearly thats not well received.

I mean why would i publish any data at all? Surely just keep it all and avoid any attention.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

d1sable wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:04 Well like i say im not getting any info you guys are not.

I can see that doesnt seem to satisfy eveyone so I guess i would advise you contact sky and ask them to unravel the secret plot we have to make me win sky.

Thats the last ill say on the subject as my purpose was to help you guys and the community but clearly thats not well received.

I mean why would i publish any data at all? Surely just keep it all and avoid any attention.

the point is one of principle - not directed at your teams. if they are providing you / others this type of data they should provide it to everyone - they have our email addresses

if sky want to use this data to generate traffic it should be on their website

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

d1sable wrote:Well like i say im not getting any info you guys are not.

Or they could just publish it first as last?

d1sable
Kevin and Perry

Post by d1sable »

May i suggest you contact sky and ask them to do that.

Again dont mean to sound rude

I have been trying for years myself to help them improve the game but considering they struggle to get even a clear layout of your weekly points on the site they may struggle.

Next season will be a big step foward though i think and hopefully this kind of data will be provided.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:09
d1sable wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:04 Well like i say im not getting any info you guys are not.

the point is one of principle - not directed at your teams. if they are providing you / others this type of data they should provide it to everyone - they have our email addresses

if sky want to use this data to generate traffic it should be on their website
Agree 100% with Yorkshire Exile. I have no issue with anyone that recieves the data, my issue is that sky should be playing fair and make that data available to everyone.

The whole idea that this is done to generate more traffic for sky defies logic. If it was about generating more traffic they would put it on their own site.

d1sable
Kevin and Perry

Post by d1sable »

Ok great.

Looks like your guys issue is with sky then rather than me.

Fair enough. I think they are just trying to engage with the community. It goes both ways.

Hopefully they will be on there next season.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

d1sable wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:15 May i suggest you contact sky and ask them to do that.

I have been trying for years myself to help them improve the game but considering they struggle to get even a clear layout of your weekly points on the site they may struggle.

Next season will be a big step foward though i think and hopefully this kind of data will be provided.
ok thanks Luke - and I appreciate you being so candid.

I have submitted this via their contact us (if anyone wishes to use):

I am aware you are providing statistical information to some of your pundits. Both Dan Cox and Luke Williams and possibly others appear to have access to breakdowns of transfers remaining and ownership, broken down by various portions of the leaderboard. This info is not generally available. This is potentially very helpful information, which in the interest of fairness should be either not provided at all (preferred) or provided to all players via your website or email. Please advise thanks.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

d1sabled/mad dog - any chance you could post ownership levels/transfers made by the top whatever it is on here whenever you have access to it?

ragamuffin
Treebeard
FS Record: good

Post by ragamuffin »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:36
d1sable wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:15 May i suggest you contact sky and ask them to do that.

ok thanks Luke - and I appreciate you being so candid.

I have submitted this via their contact us (if anyone wishes to use):

I am aware you are providing statistical information to some of your pundits. Both Dan Cox and Luke Williams and possibly others appear to have access to breakdowns of transfers remaining and ownership, broken down by various portions of the leaderboard. This info is not generally available. This is potentially very helpful information, which in the interest of fairness should be either not provided at all (preferred) or provided to all players via your website or email. Please advise thanks.
grass :lol:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

:lol:

Buffrey
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Buffrey »

Just to check. Has everyone seen the information?

Assuming so, why is anyone complaining? They’re still getting information above “casuals” and surly it’s no different from other info.

The method to disseminate information through user community doesn’t really matter and they’ve just used 2 people that are ambassadors of the game.

I mean if dan or luke or anyone WON sky I don’t think it would be down to this and I would 100% think they deserve it.

I assume the only people that are really complaining are those that are doing well and it could mean they are better?

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

i havent seen anything that is only on ffh behind a paywall. seen some stuff on twitter. As a consequence of this thread - read some of Lukes very good analysis of pricing and points potential

not seen anything recently on transfers used by position (not sure if it exists?)

it is very different info - injury news for example is in the public domain even if you have to sometimes dig around. The info we are talking about here is derived from queries on the sky db which is not available to anyone directly.

It is not the same as the scraping done for eg sun game by fat frank as I think all he has done is automate an otherwise laborious process....

i am complaining and yes I am doing well -so my level of interest is greater than it would be were I languishing down the table.

Am I worried about the relative skills of the players with the information - no more so than many others.

Do I think this info potentially provides an edge - yes

Is it unfair that a subset of people of people have access - yes

Do I believe in fair play wrt to access to info / 2 teams per person etc - yes

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”