To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which team do you like best and why?

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Which team do you like best and why?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

TEAM A

Arrizabalaga
Luiz
Bennett
Boly
Otto
Hazard
Sigurdsson
Moura
Aguero
Giroud
Lacazette

or

TEAM B

Hart
Duffy
Boly
Otto
Hazard
Ozil
Maddison
Schurrle
Kane
Mitrovic
Salah

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Re: Which team do you like best and why?

Post by Gooner66 »

Is that Bennett of Cardiff or Wolves in Team A?

I don't like Moura or Giroud in Team A, and if it's the Cardiff Bennett, I don't like him either.

I quite like Team B. I wouldn't be comfortable doubling up on Fulham ( no preference on Schurlle or Mitro just wouldn't want both) and I would personally prefer Aguero to Kane, but overall like it.

Team B for me.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I think there both pretty poor mate. No Laporte?

I think your whole mindset is wrong. The value is in premium defenders

Buffrey
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Buffrey »

I don’t think you’ve utilised the fact you’ve got a really cheap defence that well.

Premium defenders are racking up the points so if you swerve them then you need to really squeeze the best of the best in. Can’t say double Fulham is really doing that.

Edited mistakenly thought one team didn’t have hazard.

PS team B the best of these 2

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks guys. Team A belongs to the first person on the leaderboard without the private option set. Team B is mine.

Just going to read through some comments and reply to them.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 13:02 Is that Bennett of Cardiff or Wolves in Team A?

I don't like Moura or Giroud in Team A, and if it's the Cardiff Bennett, I don't like him either.

I quite like Team B. I wouldn't be comfortable doubling up on Fulham ( no preference on Schurlle or Mitro just wouldn't want both) and I would personally prefer Aguero to Kane, but overall like it.

Team B for me.
That was Bennett Wolves in team A

I'm not keen on Schurrle and Mitrovic but with Schurlle at almost 6ppm and Mitrovic over 6ppm i'm struggling to let them go. Maybe let Schurlle go for Laporte when Fulham have a difficult run of fixtures. Not keen on Aguero as i'll be squeezing KDB in somehow.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 13:12 I think there both pretty poor mate. No Laporte?

I think your whole mindset is wrong. The value is in premium defenders
I've Duffy at 6, Boly at over 8 and Otto at 7.2ppm. ?I did have a look at defenders and the only one that stood out was Laporte.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Buffrey wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 13:32 I don’t think you’ve utilised the fact you’ve got a really cheap defence that well.

Premium defenders are racking up the points so if you swerve them then you need to really squeeze the best of the best in. Can’t say double Fulham is really doing that.

Edited mistakenly thought one team didn’t have hazard.

PS team B the best of these 2
Double Fulham have high ppm. I have to admit i don't like having both and i wanted to dump Schurrle but he then went and scored and three out of their 4 next games look like good points scoring games. So they are both held until after the 24th Nov.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

When i looked through players stats today the only stand out move i saw for my team was Schurrle to Laporte

However, when you look at the fixtures i fancy Schurrle to get more points than Laporte over the next 4 games :-

Schurrle

H Bourn
A Hudd
A Liver
H South

Laporte

A Tott
H South
H Man U
A West H

It's going to sound crazy asI know everyone says my team is crap but i really can't see anything that stands out as a transfer that will improve my team.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

So if Laporte gets two clean sheets in next four and concededs 1 in other two. Presume passing T2 in all four that’s 30 points in four games. How many points will schurell get? 14 assuming he stats all four and gets one goal. Even two goals would only be 20 points.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 14:00 Thanks guys. Team A belongs to the first person on the leaderboard without the private option set. Team B is mine.

Can't see that anyone with their team open on leader board is going to be a threat.

I think you're worrying about the wrong stuff....

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 16:09 So if Laporte gets two clean sheets in next four and concededs 1 in other two. Presume passing T2 in all four that’s 30 points in four games. How many points will schurell get? 14 assuming he stats all four and gets one goal. Even two goals would only be 20 points.
I'd probably have more of a case if i didn't have Mitrovic and Schurrle had be captain on the 5th Nov. But i'm just of the opinion the difference isn't going to be worth a transfer over the next 4 games.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 16:19
itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 14:00 Thanks guys. Team A belongs to the first person on the leaderboard without the private option set. Team B is mine.

Can't see that anyone with their team open on leader board is going to be a threat.

I think you're worrying about the wrong stuff....
Not worried about it, just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were before they knew who's teams they were. I'm thinking there's some bias into slagging my teams off just for the sake of it :lol:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

You keep posted asking for advice then don't take it or don't like it.....

Differential picks can help you jump quickly but can also hammer you..... With the team you have got I suspect weeks will be either feast or famine...

You are in a good position.... How many transfers?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Defenders can obviously be of value as is shown by the best scoring defender having 76 points whilst the best scoring forward has 64 and costs 4 million more. Where it gets complicated for me is captaincy. I always feel as if I should be captaining a forward or midfielder rather than a defender. I suppose mix and balance is the way forward it's just that I haven't got the right mix or balance yet.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 16:38 You keep posted asking for advice then don't take it or don't like it.....

Differential picks can help you jump quickly but can also hammer you..... With the team you have got I suspect weeks will be either feast or famine...

Some of the advice i dont even understand. I keep getting told the value is in the premium defenders but no one cares to elaberate other than Laporte. The rest aren't better than mine are they?

I'm in the top 300 with 30 transfers left.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Spinynorman wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 17:41 Defenders can obviously be of value as is shown by the best scoring defender having 76 points whilst the best scoring forward has 64 and costs 4 million more. Where it gets complicated for me is captaincy. I always feel as if I should be captaining a forward or midfielder rather than a defender. I suppose mix and balance is the way forward it's just that I haven't got the right mix or balance yet.
Captaincy for me wherever possible goes on a premium mid or striker. That's where they make their shortfall of points per million up and become more "valuable".

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 18:12
Yorkshire Exile wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 16:38 You keep posted asking for advice then don't take it or don't like it.....

Some of the advice i dont even understand. I keep getting told the value is in the premium defenders but no one cares to elaberate other than Laporte. The rest aren't better than mine are they?

That's good I think.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 18:19
itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 18:12

That's good I think.
Should be decent, as i took the advice of using around 1 transfer a week. Got 3 transfers pencilled in for Nov.

Buffrey
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Buffrey »

To be honest. If you switched Schurrle for laporte and have a decent ozil/mitro edit plan your team isn’t actually pretty good.

The defenders people are referring to are those that pick up bonus and play for premium clean sheet getting teams, namely Robertson, luiz, even Gomez and VVD.

Basically Liverpool or Chelsea. With no Alisson as well any Liverpool clean sheet will hurt you if you don’t make it up with your other selections.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Buffrey wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 20:49 To be honest. If you switched Schurrle for laporte and have a decent ozil/mitro edit plan your team isn’t actually pretty good.

The defenders people are referring to are those that pick up bonus and play for premium clean sheet getting teams, namely Robertson, luiz, even Gomez and VVD.

Basically Liverpool or Chelsea. With no Alisson as well any Liverpool clean sheet will hurt you if you don’t make it up with your other selections.
Schurrle for Laporte is in 4 games time. Mitro goes on the 25th Nov, Ozil.....well you can't plan much with him as you never know what you get from one game to the next. Was worth the transfer though as got 36pts off him and he gets another go at being captain for me again this Sunday.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”