To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ownership percentages - are they important?

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Ownership percentages - are they important?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

With so many formations and different strategies do you ever consider ownership percentages when making transfers?

While setting up more data for my transfer spreadsheet i noticed 6 of my players have 7% ownership or less :lol:

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Re: Ownership percentages - are they important?

Post by Gooner66 »

Good point. They're certainly worth factoring in.

I guess if you're going really well, you should be more interested in high ownership to keep the chasers covered.

If you're chasing and looking for differentials then low ownership should be a consideration.

Far too early in the season though to be much of a consideration. Probably more relevant come March/April.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Not in the slightest. Reportedly 500,000 people play this game. It seems like fewer than 2,000 give it the effort it needs to do really well. So ownership is pretty meaningless in my opinion.

If you can figure out the ownership % for the serious players, then that would certainly be worth factoring in.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I've been fantasy footballing for over 20 years and must have looked at the percentage ownership of a player maybe five times. I certainly never consider it when making a transfer. Maybe if you could see the ownership percentage of the top 100 in March it might mave some value but other than that I think it's meaningless.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Art Vandelay wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 20:11 I've been fantasy footballing for over 20 years and must have looked at the percentage ownership of a player maybe five times. I certainly never consider it when making a transfer. Maybe if you could see the ownership percentage of the top 100 in March it might mave some value but other than that I think it's meaningless.
I looked at it last season when i was trying to be smart. Last season was my first season and i got up to 52nd place without really trying. After that i tried to be clever by picking players not many managers had and it was my downfall.

This season i won't be swayed by % and i'll be picking players i want.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”