To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 9 Captains

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Week 9 Captains

Post by itslikebrandnew »

The week i'm not looking forward for T2.

T1
Duffy
Kane
Hazard

T2
Knockaert
Lukaku :lol:
Mitrovic

rodduz
FISOhead

Re: Week 9 Captains

Post by rodduz »

Murray
Boly/Richarlison/Hart undecided yet
Hazard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

If you haven't got Kane it's looking tough to find a player that's capable of getting 20-30pts as captain. Lukaku another blank last night so now i'm not sure i can go with him.

I've 5 transfers pencilled in for T2 that takes me up to the 5th Dec. I may well bring 3 of them forward after i've done the maths to see if i lose any games and whether the team looks stronger with the transfers done now or the dates they were planned.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:If you haven't got Kane it's looking tough to find a player that's capable of getting 20-30pts as captain. Lukaku another blank last night so now i'm not sure i can go with him.

I've 5 transfers pencilled in for T2 that takes me up to the 5th Dec. I may well bring 3 of them forward after i've done the maths to see if i lose any games and whether the team looks stronger with the transfers done now or the dates they were planned.
Hart probably my best chance. Start and clean sheet, doubled will give 18 lol

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

As there is no early Saturday kick off i'm going to wait until team news is in and then go with my gut. It's looking likely Spurs will have 5 or 6 first teamers out so it might not be a cricket score. and maybe i'll do ok with Lukaku and his 4pts as captain :lol:

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

It's looking like Yarmolenko and Hazard on the Friday and Sunday in both teams. Then Richarlison in one and Kane in the other for Saturday.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I've managed without Kane so far but don't think I can risk it for Saturday. I don't like transfering out a Sunday player for a Saturday one but I think either Aguero or Salah is going to have to be sacrificed :?

Plus Murray and Hazard.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I've got Kane then Hazard and Kane then Salah.

Not got a Friday captain but could be tempted to tweak Arnie in.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Misfiring strikers means crap scores for my teams so far this weekend :-

T1 38pts
T2 40pts

No man of the matches and 1 goal between both teams and no assists. Run out of patience now with Zaha. He's done his captains stint the other day and he's stinking out my team so time to change things up a bit especially as Palace have some tougher games coming up.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Had Aubameyang captained until I saw he’d been benched and swapped to Aguero.

Two goals and an assist :(

And precisely why I’m dreadful at this game.
Have absolutely no luck when it comes to my captains. :lol:

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Would take a brave man to captain someone starting on the bench mate

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Seems to be a few 100pts plus scores being reported this weekend

Will see what happens when the scores update.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

97 for me

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

107pts for me.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Really bad week for me with both my teams with both of them only getting around 60pts.

Zaha has been a waste of space and so have my strikers.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

It's like Brand New.

I was getting a little worried over your silence. I thought you might have been kidnapped.

More seriously, You did ask why people would have an expensive back line if you are not going to captain them.

Yesterday with Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool clean sheets perhaps gave an explanation. Ok Allison got a bit lucky with the 5pts from the penalty miss.

My players with the highest Points per player value (£) with the exception of Hazard are currently of a more defensive nature.

Ironically my one captain fail this weekend came from a certain Mr Kane.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Been sulking about my weekly score mate. Been chuffed with the way i was playing until the weekend and then went and got all my captains wrong.

The expensive back line only gives an explanation if managers captain them which i doubt.

My highest points per player value also come from my cheap back line.

I'm still well placed in the top 500 and top 900 but not as impressive as last week in the top 200 and 500 :lol:

I'll post my 2nd team up shortly.

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Without trying to be rude to you chap I wouldn't get to down about it.
To be frank the chances of you being anywhere near that leaderboard come the end are so remote.
I'm just trying to be realistic as there are others on here that might engage in conversation giving you hope.
I'm in a better position than you, but think I'm up against it.
The fact that there are a few thousand on here that know what they're doing, teams are better set up and have only used between 1 to 6 transfers means you are really up against it.
Obviously I'm not saying it's impossible for you to win, but going by your choices the teams don't look set up for the long term.
Please enlighten me again on your teams and how many transfers you have left and maybe some of the better players can give you advice on what moves to make next, but I'd probably listen to their advice.
You seem like a player that goes for differentials which is obviously a good strategy but only good if those players you plan to keep for the long haul and the rest of the team is also set up.
Don't get too disheartened tho', enjoy playing the game and see it as a learning experience and maybe next year you'll finish the season being up there with the big boys.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Kinell, what a ray of sunshine and hope you are.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Giggs11 wrote:Kinell, what a ray of sunshine and hope you are.
ImageImageImageImage

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Strangly enough my team was in the 200's on monday night and is now in the 500's.

Itlikebrandnew- every week can't be good, the winner will have a few bad ones.

Will be interesting to see how we both finish, I do not put much effort into sky like yourself, especially regarding forward planning, I'm more of a friday night what shall we do this weekend sort off guy

Jaycar- Giggs has a point, bit harsh to suggest giving up being 500th ish beg October.

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Not saying give up Robot. But in this game one has to be realistic. I've had three or four problems/injuries which have cost me four transfers, and one stupid transfer, but on the whole I never put in players and think next week I'm going to take him out, especially if I think that next month I might need to bring him back in again. I've seen a few posts on here where IBN has brought in players and then taken them out gung ho the next week, which I guess is ok if the rest of the team is not full of differentials which might need changing at some point.
The person that wins will probably make a few differential decisions but on the whole wont be puting in players one week and then taking them out the next week.
If I had IBNS teams I'd probably do nothing with them for a while, maybe making the odd transfer for an injury, that way the diiferentials might actually pay off, otherwise he'll need five or six transfers to get the team looking good and be ten or so transfers down on hundreds of good players that have a similar team and are higher up on the leaderboard.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Definitely taking all this on board for next season sky and fpl my favourite formats now

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

What's a 'differential' ?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

A differential is using a player that is different from the norm/ pack, low in ownership etc.

Jaycar I agree with what your saying in principle regarding his team, although I haven't followed his approach all year what I have seen it gives me the impression of trying too hard and working too far ahead, when injuries and form will naturally change things.
And yes lots of good players up there so hard to finish very high, but everyones still in with a chance at this stage.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Here's my best team. I have 32 transfers left :-

Hart
Duffy
Boly
Otto
Hazard
Zaha
Milivojevic
Maddison
Schurrle
Kane
Mitrovic

My captains for next gameweek :-

Hazard
Milivojevic
Maddison

However i have these transfers pending :-

Kane to Salah
Zaha to Vardy

That gives me Salah instead of Hazard as captain and also Vardy instead of Maddison. Couple of nice games for Salah to find his shooting boots and Vardy has a good run of fixtures.

There's also another transfer from Duffy/Schurrle/Milivojevic that has to be done by the 5th Dec as i need to downgrade by 1.3m

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Am happy to give some constructive feedback by PM if you want it and share some details.

I will however make two points which are not intended as personal criticism or points scoring.

The first thing that strikes out for me is that you currently have just two players from the Top six teams. Most top players will probably have at least six or seven. Players from the Top six teams tend to be amongst the highest scoring players over the Season.

The second thing that strikes out at me is that the chasing of captains and differentials looks to have destroyed your basic team structure. Ask yourself the question How many of your players do you want longer term? The answer should be the majority with a few shorter term players.

Send me a PM if you want me to share any more information.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

For this team (T1) the structure is based around a cheap but solid back 3 and keeper. These i hopefully wont need to change and will allow transfers to be spent elsewhere.

The rest of the team is based around chasing easy fixtures/captains/extra fixtures. I am happy to change any of the 7 if i think i can gain on those 3 criteria. I don't intend to keep any of them for the whole season, they are all likely to be rotated. The captain chasing also has to see a benefit in either gaining fixtures or ease of fixtures.

If i had my captains right i would have had a more respectable 80+ points this week, so i'm not convinced the strategy is wrong yet.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Ok. I tried.

Have had two top 50 finishes, which can’t just be down to luck.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

You can PM me any advice you like, wandacatvenus

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”