To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How many transfers do you have left

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

How many transfers do you have left

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Getting alot of heat about using up transfers, so just out of interest how many does everyone have left ?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: How many transfers do you have left

Post by ronny10 »

37 on 525
36 on 511

2 transfers in top team sometime soon then maybe a couple or 3 more by December.

Bar injury Etc I would hope to have at least 32 left heading into Christmas

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

ronny10 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 08:40 37 on 525
36 on 511

2 transfers in top team sometime soon then maybe a couple or 3 more by December.

Bar injury Etc I would hope to have at least 32 left heading into Christmas
33 on 544
31 on 568

I'll be looking at having 20-25 left......which i didn't think was burning through them too fast.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Time will tell but I'm struggling to find to many valid reasons to make transfers early with the having the first amnesty so early.

Just going back to your upgrade on mendy in other thread while I'm here.

You decided to ditch Kane in that team just when before he was playing Brighton and with Huddersfield and Cardiff coming up, now I get the fact that he's not been convincing in his performances but surely you just go with him if you picked him in the overhaul.
You just said you picked mendy as he was a great enabler so you could have 3 big hitters, fair enough, but you then take out Kane for mitrovic and now talk about upgrading mendy!
Effectively then the Kane transfer has forced you into using 2 transfers.

Surely the move now is to keep mendy and bring in another premium striker if that was your original strategy, even bring back Kane!!!

If Kane gets a couple this weekend you will no doubt be making 2 more transfers to get him back in.

I don't have Kane in my best team but I will have for the Cardiff game

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

549, 39 my best

Going to start getting stuck in to transfers soon.

Ca 25 at Xmas. 18 at the overhaul is the rough plan

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Decent start that mate :D

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

ronny10 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 09:18 Decent start that mate :D

Like you in big balls still plenty of time to fk things up.

Sky I usually forget to set my captains at least one week per year

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

515, 36. My only team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

:lol: I usually lose interest in sky after doing the same and forgetting captains, trying to have a proper go at it this year though.

I've had a decent start in telegraph also so I'm going for the treble :x

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

ronny10 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 09:13 Time will tell but I'm struggling to find to many valid reasons to make transfers early with the having the first amnesty so early.

Just going back to your upgrade on mendy in other thread while I'm here.

You decided to ditch Kane in that team just when before he was playing Brighton and with Huddersfield and Cardiff coming up, now I get the fact that he's not been convincing in his performances but surely you just go with him if you picked him in the overhaul.
You just said you picked mendy as he was a great enabler so you could have 3 big hitters, fair enough, but you then take out Kane for mitrovic and now talk about upgrading mendy!
Effectively then the Kane transfer has forced you into using 2 transfers.

Surely the move now is to keep mendy and bring in another premium striker if that was your original strategy, even bring back Kane!!!

If Kane gets a couple this weekend you will no doubt be making 2 more transfers to get him back in.

I don't have Kane in my best team but I will have for the Cardiff game
The Kane to Mitrovic transfer was happening after the Huddersfield game anyway. I don't see the Kane transfer as forcing me into another transfer, i see it as a big opportunity to upgrade a player for 5 games when previously it would only have been for 3 games so probably wouldn't be worth it.

Last season i kept with 3 premium strikers and it was the wrong move. This season i thought with Salah as a striker it was definately a 3 premium striker game but at the moment Kane is poor, Lukaku is playing in a stifled Man U team, Aguero is currently getting 60 mins a game. So currently i dont think 3 premium strikers is the right move and there's no point me keep swapping premium strikers and throwing 13m at 2pt players.

Kane won't be back in my team until the 10th Nov, doesn't matter how many he scores this weekend. I've still got team 1 with him in though just in case this is a mistake.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

In which case and probably what I was trying to get at, why put him in at the overhaul in the first place, it's cost you 2 transfers!!

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Don't worry about the 'heat'. As long as you're roughly on one per week, it's all good. I wouldn't have made some of the transfers you have, but it's your team not anyone else's.

I've used three transfers in both teams, but planning on burning through a few in the coming weeks.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

ronny10 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 09:58 In which case and probably what I was trying to get at, why put him in at the overhaul in the first place, it's cost you 2 transfers!!
Because i didnt see anything better at the time. So perhaps i was blinded by the fear of not having Kane and now i'm not :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 10:01 Don't worry about the 'heat'. As long as you're roughly on one per week, it's all good. I wouldn't have made some of the transfers you have, but it's your team not anyone else's.

I've used three transfers in both teams, but planning on burning through a few in the coming weeks.
Cheers. I'm unconventional with my transfers. No big mistakes yet but i'm working on it :lol:

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

547 - 38t

Decent start but tried to be 'clever' in the overhaul and take advantage of Spurs easy run of games and picked Vorm with a view to move to Alisson gw9. Serves me right, being clever not my strong point :D So basically down to 37 as have Alisson to now bring in this week.

Also picked Mendy at the overhaul having no idea he was injured so two transfers wasted.

Never had a proper go at this so not sure how to use the transfers but i do plan on using a few in October and November so i'll likely be around 30 left come the start of December.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Personally i think 30 coming into the new year is too many as strange as that sounds.

I would think 20 is more than enough

Gary

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Toffeeman wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 18:07 Personally i think 30 coming into the new year is too many as strange as that sounds.

Gary
Of course it's not strange, in fact 30 is demented. It says that a transfer in January - May is worth a LOT more than a transfer in September - December. That's f*cking nuts!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Used quite a few have we young David? :wink:

Maybe you’re not the de facto leader I’d thought you were :D

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

30 left ar the START of Dec :wink:

Not looked beyond that, not least because the TV games have not been arranged yet :D

I suspect i’ll be 25 tops come new year. Of course injuries and suspensions will always wreck medium to long term plans anyway in reality

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Billy Stark wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 18:40 30 left ar the START of Dec :wink:

Not looked beyond that, not least because the TV games have not been arranged yet :D

I suspect i’ll be 25 tops come new year. Of course injuries and suspensions will always wreck medium to long term plans anyway in reality
That's funny cos I'm planning on being top with about 25

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Misread that Simon !

Think that's a decent bench mark, as plenty of opportunities in December

Gary

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

CBN wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 18:30 Used quite a few have we young David? :wink:
:lol:

Maybe or maybe not. Although for me to get far out of sync with pro rata use would be very unusual. But there's a first time for everything, maybe. :wink:

keving1991
Kevin and Perry

Post by keving1991 »

Currently on 508 points, with 36 remaining.

Fairly settled with my team for the coming two weeks but the general aim (barring any extreme injuries) would be to have 25 left by the end of the year.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

I must be transfer hugging 333pts 1 used, 380pts 2 used.
Long way behind in terms of points but happy with teams for time being.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Toffeeman wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 18:07 Personally i think 30 coming into the new year is too many as strange as that sounds.

Gary
I agree, surely the ones hoarding transfers now are missing out on opportunities for 20+pts gains. Then come the new year they realise they have too many they will make transfers just for the sake of it to use them up.

I'm using mine when i see a chance for good gains.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”