To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is this a panic move......

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Is this a panic move......

Post by itslikebrandnew »

so close to the overhaul :-

Pogba, Richarlison & Jesus to Hazard, Seri & Kane

Old captains :-
26th Pedro
27th Pogba
1st Salah
2nd Pogba

New captains :-
26th Hazard
27th Kane
1st Hazard
2nd Kane

It's a hell of alot of transfers to do, but all 3 get 2 games each and it gives me Hazard and Kane as captains twice. Seri would be in for Richarlison which allows me the budget for both Hazard and Kane and also gets rid of the 0pts Richarlison for next game and gives me two games for Seri with 4pts and hopefully some bonus points.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Re: Is this a panic move......

Post by Billy Stark »

Yes, it is for me. Hazard not a cert to start today either whereas Pedro more than likely will.

I’d prob still rather have Salah capo next week than Hazard too.

Appreciate Kane over Pogba is appealing tho. Not the easiest of Spurs fixtures right enough..........

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Richarlison and Jesus to Seri and Kane -fair enough.

Why Pogba to Hazard though? Seems like an unnecessary transfer even to me.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'll give this some more thought. The reason for wanting rid of Pogba is i have a real problem with Man U this season and think they are going to self destruct until Mourinho has gone and even if you ignore my opinion the facts show Pogba's pretty much only getting points from penalties.

Cheers for the feedback.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'm going to keep it simple and do a transfer to a player i will captain who i think can get me 20+ pts.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Balls, Seri scores and Hazard starts.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Well that move would have paid off nicely :(

Jesus 0
Richarlison 0
Pogba 4 - would have been captain

Hazard - 32pts captain
Seri - 11 pts
Kane - 18 pts captain

4pts v 61pts

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

In the late 1970's there was a cult comedy starring John Belushi called Animal House. There's a scene in there where a character called Peewee was in a bedroom with a comatose naked girl with a little devil on his shoulder urging 'go on f*** her, f*** her brains out' and an angel on the other shoulder urging 'don't do it, you'll regret it in the morning'. Every time I read your posts, that scene comes back to me.

Why don't you appease both the little voices and have one team where you back all your hunches, have a lot of fun ,and probably even lead the competition between now and Christmas at which point you'll be running on transfer fumes. Play the other conservatively, ignore your hunches, play the percentages and spread your transfer usage season long?

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

I will make a prediction.

I have resisted making transfers so far (First one will be used this weekend)

I am currently on 278 Pts and behind Itslikebrandnew.

Come the end of the Season I believe I will finish in the top 100 and beat Itslikebrandnew by at least 150pts. In fact I will be disappointed if I fail in this task.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

He reminds me of you Deano :D

Loves a transfer does the lad

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

For me it's been one of the most important things to learn over the many years of playing and imo, does come with experience of each game and how things play out.

Sky for instance (probably given the number of entrants) will see the majority of the top 100 go through 5 transfers a week due to inexperience, excitement of being up there etc

I would not be concerned about position as a few points make a huge difference and early doors I wouldn't really worry about a gap of 200 points initially.

Probably worth keeping an eye out for known 'players which should give a better gauge. Striker for instance probably very close to the true lead at present

100 points behind the Leader entering the new year with 15 -20 left imo would still see you in with a shout.

Gary

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I've used 4 so far, and no more until after the overhaul. The team i've put together for the overhaul requires 6 transfers up until Dec not including any injuries/suspensions etc.

So i think i'm pacing myself about right.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Why are you trying to plan so far ahead? Planning captains in sky is clearly important but only to a point.
Injuries/ suspensions/ form will all change the dynamics of the team and what you think you will have by dec will probably be nothing like it.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Gooner66 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 17:18 In the late 1970's there was a cult comedy starring John Belushi called Animal House. There's a scene in there where a character called Peewee was in a bedroom with a comatose naked girl with a little devil on his shoulder urging 'go on f*** her, f*** her brains out' and an angel on the other shoulder urging 'don't do it, you'll regret it in the morning'. Every time I read your posts, that scene comes back to me.

Why don't you appease both the little voices and have one team where you back all your hunches, have a lot of fun ,and probably even lead the competition between now and Christmas at which point you'll be running on transfer fumes. Play the other conservatively, ignore your hunches, play the percentages and spread your transfer usage season long?
if ever there was someone unqualified to provide that advice :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 18:43 I've used 4 so far, and no more until after the overhaul. The team i've put together for the overhaul requires 6 transfers up until Dec not including any injuries/suspensions etc.

did the team you picked at the outset plan for 4 transfers in 3 weeks. You will have used 6 more by mid oct.... :wink:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

robot wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 18:52 Why are you trying to plan so far ahead? Planning captains in sky is clearly important but only to a point.
Injuries/ suspensions/ form will all change the dynamics of the team and what you think you will have by dec will probably be nothing like it.
It's more a guideline than anything else, in case i get an urge to do a transfer and it will show me how it will affect the dynamic of my team.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 19:14
itslikebrandnew wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 18:43 I've used 4 so far, and no more until after the overhaul. The team i've put together for the overhaul requires 6 transfers up until Dec not including any injuries/suspensions etc.

did the team you picked at the outset plan for 4 transfers in 3 weeks. You will have used 6 more by mid oct.... :wink:
Pretty much, the team i picked from the outset had a plan to use a max of 4 based on 1 a week.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Toffeeman wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 17:36 He reminds me of you Deano :D

I know Gazza, that's why I'm trying to stop him making the same mistakes.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 19:12
Gooner66 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 17:18 In the late 1970's there was a cult comedy starring John Belushi called Animal House. There's a scene in there where a character called Peewee was in a bedroom with a comatose naked girl with a little devil on his shoulder urging 'go on f*** her, f*** her brains out' and an angel on the other shoulder urging 'don't do it, you'll regret it in the morning'. Every time I read your posts, that scene comes back to me.

if ever there was someone unqualified to provide that advice :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd suggest that there isn't anyone better qualified!

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

Gooner66 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 19:55
Toffeeman wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 17:36 He reminds me of you Deano :D

I know Gazza, that's why I'm trying to stop him making the same mistakes.
:D

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

Come the end of the Season I believe I will finish in the top 100 and beat Itslikebrandnew by at least 150pts. In fact I will be disappointed if I fail in this task.
Lets not revert to this, there is no need to belittle other members. Itslikebrandnew is learning and is doing Ok, he will get there if he can change his enthusiasm into points.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 16:44 Well that move would have paid off nicely :(

Jesus 0
Richarlison 0

Hazard - 32pts captain
Seri - 11 pts
Kane - 18 pts captain

4pts v 61pts
Apologies if i put you off. Ouch

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

idea wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 22:50
Lets not revert to this, there is no need to belittle other members. Itslikebrandnew is learning and is doing Ok, he will get there if he can change his enthusiasm into points.
Thanks, i'll win if all my enthusiasm changes into points :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Billy Stark wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:12
itslikebrandnew wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 16:44 Well that move would have paid off nicely :(

Jesus 0
Richarlison 0

Hazard - 32pts captain
Seri - 11 pts
Kane - 18 pts captain

4pts v 61pts
Apologies if i put you off. Ouch
It's all good mate, i did one transfer in the end Jesus to Mitrovic and captained him and got 34pts so it didnt work out too badly.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”