To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

100m isn't enough

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

100m isn't enough

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I'm really struggling with the sky budget. Telegraph i can do easily within budget, Sun i have to have 1 enabler but with Sky i seem to have to have 4 or 5 enablers :lol:

I've tried changing from 343 to 352 thinking that will free up some cash but i'm still struggling.

Think i may have to go to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

Is there a preferred formation in this game? Or if someone has a bit of spare time can they come up with a strong 11for any formation?

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Re: 100m isn't enough

Post by rinky »

Got 4 enablers, but they have been scoring well.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

3 cheap defenders and keeper helps balance the books. I've gone all burnley in both which is okay for the budget. Stoke, Everton and Swansea could be alternatives now.

This is my favourite game - the captain choices are crucial

The money is tight in this game but I reckon that adds to the fun /challenge

I'm on 700 points but I reckon several off the 800+ teams are low on transfers

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I've got 3 cheap defenders and keeper but i still find myself with only 2 or 3 players that i really want in my team.

Don't get me wrong it's my favourite game as well as you have to put more thought into it. However i just feel the balance of the budget is a bit out.

I'm just over 700 points as well with 28 transfers left.I've got a defender not playing that i need rid of however i'm sorted for captains up until Xmas but may use another couple of transfers tinkering around.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

My feeling is that you can have 4 Premium Midfielders/ Forwards plus an underpriced Salah before you start to ruin your team.

Picking the enablers (without going too cheap) to afford these players is a key part of the game.

343/352 has traditionally been the favoured formation with 3 cheap defenders. Last year 442/433 became the norm when Alonso became an essential (by taking the
place of a middy)

If the budget was easy, we would all have the same premium players.

Not sure if this helps you or not.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

100m was never enough - that's why I've had to bin this game off for the season.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I think it's more a case of the Telegraph and Sun being too generous. You can just have virtually whoever you want, the sun in particular - would the game be much different if you just got rid of the budget altogether?

I think they've got the budget and pricing just about right here. In the tele and Sun you could rule out 90% of the player list as unpickable from the start whereas here there were relatively few first team regulars I'd say were completely not worth considering.

In previous years I've gone with 343 and cheap defenders but there's always been an obvious Leicester/Southampton/Everton/Alonso option. This year I think the gap between the top four or five sides' defences (Liverpool excepted) and the rest will probably be bigger so I've spent more at the back and gone cheap in midfield. So far so good but if a Hazard/De Bruyne/Pogba figure emerges as a 'must have' it's going to be tough to get them in....

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I think your right with the budget. Tff and sun you can basically lick who you want sky actually makes you have to work to pick a team.

Onto must haves would you not say KDB is already a must have? Top point scoring midfielder already and just got man of the match three games in a row.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm not sure. That is coming off the back of a great run of form, do you think he'll be that far ahead of Erikson/Ali, Hazard, Coutinho etc in the end?

I guess it depends if you have a Man City forward or not. Obviously you're going to need some Man City captain coverage but would you have two? I like to use my old tffo rule of having all your attacking players from different teams for maximum captain options. Of course if Aguero and Jesus start to be rotated too much he's in......

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I've made another couple of changes and a bit happier with how my team looks now. I've 4 top quality players who could be captain today so chosing correctly will be important. The last thing i want is to pick a rested or 4 point player.

Still playing with 6 enablers though :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

You thought 100m wasn't enough last season - wait until you see the player prices for this season :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 16:07 You thought 100m wasn't enough last season - wait until you see the player prices for this season :lol:
Done my team, got used to my team looking like a Championship level team :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”