To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Weekly score

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Weekly score

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Has anyone any idea what score we should be looking at getting every week? 50,60,70..............100 a week ?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Re: Weekly score

Post by mad dog »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 18:41 Has anyone any idea what score we should be looking at getting every week? 50,60,70..............100 a week ?
well when I won it last year :wink: I finished with 2999 points . So thats about 80 points a week but it all depends. if everyone captains harry Kane on sat and lukaku on Sunday and they don't score then its going to be a low week. I think you just have to judge each week as it happens. you know if you've had a good week or not. also the table is odd. On average the top 100 has used 13 transfers.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 06:40
itslikebrandnew wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 18:41 Has anyone any idea what score we should be looking at getting every week? 50,60,70..............100 a week ?
well when I won it last year :wink: I finished with 2999 points . So thats about 80 points a week but it all depends. if everyone captains harry Kane on sat and lukaku on Sunday and they don't score then its going to be a low week. I think you just have to judge each week as it happens. you know if you've had a good week or not. also the table is odd. On average the top 100 has used 13 transfers.
Congrats on your win mad dog. 2999 is a lot of points. Just been looking at gameweeks and there are 40 weeks, and 6 weeks without fixtures. So in 34 weeks to get 2999 i'd need 88 points a week. I get what you say about low scoring weeks etc, but i don't like seeing my team drop down the table to just outside the top 200. Especially when i have 35 transfers left so i'm wondering when i have a below average week if i should transfer a player out to try to boost my next weeks score (not just for the sake of it but i can see better scoring opportunities).

Oh and i know it's a long season and hanging around the top 200 is pretty good going, but i dont want May to come around and ive 20 transfers left and can get a few extra points with them, when i could use 1 a week now and maybe gain 20 points by picking a good captain.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

In past seasons game weeks later in the season are higher scoring. So if you have an average in mind you might want to score slightly below that now and above that later.

Also ignore the leaderboard until christmas time. It will be filled up with monthly entries.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

sparx14 wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 16:01 In past seasons game weeks later in the season are higher scoring. So if you have an average in mind you might want to score slightly below that now and above that later.

Also ignore the leaderboard until christmas time. It will be filled up with monthly entries.
Deffo agree with all that. Especially the current leaderboard. Crazy how some people smash through 20 transfers already to be up there.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks for the advice guys.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

So based on this 88 pts over 34 game weeks to get almost 3000pts i'm at just over 650pts with 8 game weeks played (gw 11 starting, and g4 & 9 no games) so despite all my moaning about picking useless captains i'm keeping pace which is surprising.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 16:05
sparx14 wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 16:01 In past seasons game weeks later in the season are higher scoring. So if you have an average in mind you might want to score slightly below that now and above that later.

Deffo agree with all that. Especially the current leaderboard. Crazy how some people smash through 20 transfers already to be up there.
Just out of interest when you won can you remember how many transfers you had left at Christmas?

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

By Christmas Day 18 or 19. Although another overhaul in Feb so I reckon you can use a few more

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 19:04 By Christmas Day 18 or 19. Although another overhaul in Feb so I reckon you can use a few more
Thanks, i'm looking at changing 3 players this week. Should set me up until the end of Nov barring injuries/suspensions etc.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

The scores vary far too much to worry about any particular week, already I've had a team that scored 140 a couple of weeks ago struggling to get 40 this week.

Definitely don't worry about being right up there at this stage. I've had two major wins in my fantasy footballing career and both times I didn't go top until the final week. Also I won the second half league in this game two seasons ago and went top for the first time on the final day (thanks to a Giroud hat trick 8-) )

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Art Vandelay wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 01:08 The scores vary far too much to worry about any particular week, already I've had a team that scored 140 a couple of weeks ago struggling to get 40 this week.

Definitely don't worry about being right up there at this stage. I've had two major wins in my fantasy footballing career and both times I didn't go top until the final week. Also I won the second half league in this game two seasons ago and went top for the first time on the final day (thanks to a Giroud hat trick 8-) )
I'm struggling for 40 this week which is disappointing as i have just used a few transfers. I'd of probably had the same points not doing the transfers.

The game is new to me so i've not much idea about scoring or transfers so was looking for guidelines to plan my season. Now i've a rough idea i should be able to plan a bit better. I screwed up earlier in the season not knowing about the overhaul :(

Congrats on your wins btw.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”