To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Champion of Champions

A forum for news and comment on the FISO Champion of Champions competition.
Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

admin wrote:
AJC1964 wrote:well wasn't gonna play channel 4 but looks like i'll have a bash now.

id of thought 1 of the other few games run by OFL would of made sense

Daily Mail
Virgin
Sky
Dail Mail could be an option next year to approach. Don't think they had as many entrants as Channel 4 though. It's not just the prize element that's important about the right games to include.

Both Virgin and Sky are brand new games this season so weren't really options for this season.

This season you have 3 games, each run by one of the main providers of Fantasy Football games: GFM (TFF), Fantasy League (Channel 4) and Clever.tv (YTM). So from a gaming perspective there is a good test set in order to become the innaugral Champion of Champions.
Inaugural ! I seem to remember a competition back in 2001/2002 also called The Fiso Champion of Champions league. I was wondering how long I was going to hold the title :lol: :wink: . Of course now I will have to enter the Chanel 4 comp just so I can defend it :) :wink:

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

i'm ready to do battle.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

A great idea, but I have no intention of entering YTM, because I know nothing about it and don't plan on learning about it in the 48 hours or so I have left, so someone else will have to come last in this :P

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I'm probably missing something very obv. But how do we enter this competition?

Or is it not set up yet?

paulks
Red & Blue Braces

Post by paulks »

Well I appear to be in all these three comps, so I'd may as well be in this! Do I have to do anything else other than posting on this thread?

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

Don't believe you have to do anything, other than enter the three comps and see what happens, then claim if you're doing well

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

oldbigead wrote:I'm probably missing something very obv. But how do we enter this competition?

Or is it not set up yet?
We've tried to keep the rules really simple :wink: . You don't even have to complete an entry form :shock: .

All you have to do is make a claim on this forum (there will be a thread for claims in due course) when you think you've done well in the 3 qualifying comps (season or monthly).

The easy part is being in the competition, the hard part is doing well in all 3 comps.

shalhassan
Treebeard

Post by shalhassan »

selected but not submitted my ytm team yet, but i'm in....

and i have to agree with canary yellow, nominating a team per comp is important, as its much easier to get a team finish high in a comp if you have 50+ teams than if you have 1 or 2.

I dont know if you are still open to suggestions, but given its short notice, maybe people could nominate a team at the end of august? then revert to straight nominations next season should this take off?

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

I'm in :!:

despite not being in the UK

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

shalhassan wrote:selected but not submitted my ytm team yet, but i'm in....

and i have to agree with canary yellow, nominating a team per comp is important, as its much easier to get a team finish high in a comp if you have 50+ teams than if you have 1 or 2.

I dont know if you are still open to suggestions, but given its short notice, maybe people could nominate a team at the end of august? then revert to straight nominations next season should this take off?
This issue was considered but would have been more complex to manage. Allowing anyone that's entered all 3 just to make a claim (which we can then vet with the game provider) is simpler and allows anyone to be part of this competition even if they don't notice it until next April/May.

Also for this official comp to work we need to have the game providers/promoters on board (for example, spending time checking claims for us) and, of course, because this comp does encourage more entries they were more likely to say yes. If the providers are not on board then there would be no free CofC comp.

This season all 3 comps involved are weekly/daily management comps (and one of them only allows one entry) so a well focussed manager has a good chance against a serious multi-entrant. For example, I'm much better at managing 3 or 4 teams in a comp that 30 or 40 (last season finishing top 25 in YTM with 10 teams and top 100 in TFF with 3 teams). If I had the defeatist attitude of CY then of course I'd probably have finished nowhere :wink: .

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Malrom wrote:I'm in :!:

Please ensure you meet the entry requirements for each game.

savvyboy
FISOhead

Post by savvyboy »

Sounds good to me, count me in

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

P.S. This will be more an issue for TFF. However for Channel 4 they don't really enforce the UK resident rule i.e. you can enter Channel 4 if you're not UK resident (but be aware if a travel prize is won travel starts in the UK).

Chief Wiggsy
Grumpy Holman Snr
FS Record: FISO TFF League winner 2005/06 and FISO TFFE League winner 2009 (which got me £100 off NSCTV).

Post by Chief Wiggsy »

admin wrote:
oldbigead wrote:I'm probably missing something very obv. But how do we enter this competition?

Or is it not set up yet?
We've tried to keep the rules really simple :wink: . You don't even have to complete an entry form :shock: .

All you have to do is make a claim on this forum (there will be a thread for claims in due course) when you think you've done well in the 3 qualifying comps (season or monthly).
The easy part is being in the competition, the hard part is doing well in all 3 comps.
Can't I just make a claim now, that all of season and every month I hope to be doing very well in all three comps.? :P

I'm in by default that the three games I entered this year, are the three this comp judges.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

admin wrote:If I had the defeatist attitude of CY then of course I'd probably have finished nowhere :wink: .
Good reason for that, i am fluffing hopeless. :lol:

pajodublin

how

Post by pajodublin »

how do we register for champion of champions

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I realise that it would probably be very difficult to manage but having to claim the prize ourselves kind of seems to defeat the object.

Surely the whole purpose of playing such a game(as with any fantasy football game) is to be able to check the leaderboards and see how you're doing.

I've entered the Channel 4 game now as well as TFF which i don't really play but probably wouldn't of bothered had i known that it was an every man for themselves set up.

Anyhow i still think that the idea of it is a good one and so FISO should be commended for at least trying to come up with new ideas.

Cheers.

admin
FISO Administrator

Re: how

Post by admin »

pajodublin wrote:how do we register for champion of champions
See my post above at 10 Aug 2007 09:07 am BST. (Effectively no registration is required).

Abbo32
Wideboy

Post by Abbo32 »

Count me in.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

admin wrote:

Please ensure you meet the entry requirements for each game.
I can't, it's as simple as that :!:

I really don't see a problem since I paid for TFF and TFFO and Fanbanta shouldn't care about that fact. YTM let me in without any problems and I couldn't find a rule which would prevent me from playing.

It doesn't really matter, I'm in all these games and probably not going for the big prizes anyway, just let me have some fun, please :!:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

admin wrote:

P.S. This will be more an issue for TFF. However for Channel 4 they don't really enforce the UK resident rule i.e. you can enter Channel 4 if you're not UK resident (but be aware if a travel prize is won travel starts in the UK).
No problem :!: That's only a minor thing :!: :lol:

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

I have now entered all 3 games and would like to register my interest in this competition.

Thanks for organising it.

Ps: Why wasn't The Times Play The Game included in this competition :shock: ? It is very simple to play :wink:

Jamez30
Wideboy

Post by Jamez30 »

hi guys - guess i'm in too as I have teams in all 3! How do i know if I'm recognised as this though? I read it but it doesn't seem to give a clear definition of being registered for this!!

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Jamez30 wrote:hi guys - guess i'm in too as I have teams in all 3! How do i know if I'm recognised as this though? I read it but it doesn't seem to give a clear definition of being registered for this!!
No resgistration is required as such.

Just make a claim on this forum as and when you've done well in a game month or overall.

johnnyrocket7
Cheetah

Post by johnnyrocket7 »

cool news about the C4 game. I like that you can join later on in the season and still do well.
Thanks
Johnnyrocket7

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Hi..I'm registered for all 3 comps..Unsure what you need frrom me with regards to email addrress etc?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

278494ws wrote:Hi..I'm registered for all 3 comps..Unsure what you need frrom me with regards to email addrress etc?
Nothing needed from you at this stage.

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

How can we find out how many teams are in the C4 game?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Knotty wrote:How can we find out how many teams are in the C4 game?
There were 64,161 teams at the end of Month 1.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I think that this may have been asked before but how do we go about finding out our monthly position in TFF? I can't see anything on the site, am i missing something?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO 'Champion of Champions'”