To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Assistance wanted on assists

A forum for discussion on SquadGod Fantasy Football.
Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

Assistance wanted on assists

Post by Patrick@SquadGod »

We’ve had a number of query’s regarding assists. A couple of rival footy sites have accredited Mikel Arteta with an assist in last weekends match against Newcastle – and we haven’t. We get our data from OPTA, who have a clear definition on assists, and it boils down to this:

An assist is a final pass to a team-mate, who goes on to score a goal.

What do you think constitutes as an assist?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Assists have to be defined in your game rules.

TFF rules for example hint they use OPTA data (we assume they do) and the logic behind them seems to be very consistent (if not always 'fair') so we all know where we stand at least.

I prefer the old TFF 'KCs' as the recipients generally merited them more. They seemed to have a solid description but they relied on subjectivity a bit for borderline cases.

If you use OPTA then fair enough, thats a good solid base (if not perfect).

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

I was going to try to post a helpful response but murf has pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted to say anyway. So I'll be gone again. :(

The Saint
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier League Champion 2014-15

Post by The Saint »

The TFF definition of an assist for this season from their T&Cs:

'“Assist” is any touch from the attacking team's player directly before a goal is scored. This touch can be deliberate or otherwise. If a touch from a player from the defending team significantly alters the speed or direction of a pass, an assist will not be given. However, if a pass intended for the eventual goal scorer is deflected only slightly and still reaches it's intended target, this will be classified as an assist. No assist is given for own goals or penalties awarded.'

As Murf says they are apparently using OPTA data so this would seem to be the definition OPTA use.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SquadGod (Game Ceased)”