To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Games off thread

A Forum for news and comment on Fixtures relevant to Fantasy Football games.
RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Games off thread

Post by RichardRoma »

Looks like the coldest spell since last Feb with heavy snow in the south east and a band sweeping down the country tommorow, put not hitting London until 10pm. -4 for the next three nights suggest Prem games could go here. Fulhams home game was called off in similar conditions last year and Portsmouth Liverpool could be interesting, two clubs that would love the game to be canned. Upton park should be ok.

jonnyboo1989
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 08/09 20k Weekend Super Jackpot Syndicate Winner, 09/10 15k Weekend Jackpot Syndicate Winner, 09/10 5k Weekend Syndicate Winner

Re: Games off thread

Post by jonnyboo1989 »

Let's hope none of the Premiership games are off!!

Crawley vs AFC Wimbledon looks like it will be off tomorrow though :(

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

World Cup Winkleman will be gutted :D

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

"
Pitch Perfect For Liverpool Clash

Snow may disrupt many people’s weekends, but Pompey and Liverpool fans can rest assured.

The groundsmen at Fratton Park, led by Bob Jones, were well prepared for the freezing temperatures – and snowy conditions.

Frost covers were laid over the turf on Wednesday afternoon, once the pitch had been marked, and then the water-proof covers that make up the inflatable dome were added in the evening.

The snow was swept from the upper covers this morning and, with temperatures of over minus 4°C being predicted overnight tonight, heaters are due to be turned on and the dome inflated later today to protect the pitch ahead of the big match against Liverpool on Saturday.

Lucius Peart, head of operations, said: “The pitch is in perfect condition for our match on Saturday.

“We took all the necessary precautions earlier this week and we will now be keeping the pitch warm and ready for the game.

“There is no risk of the game not going ahead at this stage.”

Kick-off for Saturday’s match is 12.45pm."

Portsmouth Website

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

It's amazing what Sky's money will make you do.

AlexSong
Grumpy Old Man

Post by AlexSong »

RichardRoma wrote:Looks like the coldest spell since last Feb with heavy snow in the south east and a band sweeping down the country tommorow, put not hitting London until 10pm. -4 for the next three nights suggest Prem games could go here. Fulhams home game was called off in similar conditions last year and Portsmouth Liverpool could be interesting, two clubs that would love the game to be canned. Upton park should be ok.
Under normal circumstances I like your theory but Pompey need cash badly, gate receipts/ sky money for a live game means they will do their utmost to get the game on.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Spencer4 wrote:-4°C being predicted overnight tonight, heaters are due to be turned on and the dome inflated later today to protect the pitch ahead of the big match against Liverpool on Saturday.
They might get the game on, but just wait for the bailiffs to turn up when the heating bill goes unpaid.

Target Girl
Wideboy
FS Record: Nothing to boast about

Post by Target Girl »

If the weather is as bad as expected it might not be the condition of the pitch which results in cancellations - games might be called off due to hazardous travel conditions. We will just have to wait and see :?

AlexSong
Grumpy Old Man

Post by AlexSong »

Target Girl wrote:If the weather is as bad as expected it might not be the condition of the pitch which results in cancellations - games might be called off due to hazardous travel conditions. We will just have to wait and see :?

People with Sunderland players are very luck they are away this week :D

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Many games have been called of at inopurtune time. Fulhams game ok?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

No Premiership games called off to date. :D

These are the games so far that have been postponed

Championship: Scunthorpe v Ipswich

League One: Colchester v Carlisle

League Two: Aldershot v Bradford
Darlington v Northampton
Hereford v Lincoln (Fri)
Rotherham v Dagenham & Redbridge

Blue Square Premier: Altrincham v Eastbourne
Cambridge Utd v Oxford Utd (Fri)
Crawley v AFC Wimbledon
Ebbsfleet v Histon
Luton v Forest Green
Rushden & Diamonds v Chester
Stevenage v Barrow

Scottish Division Three: Forfar v Berwick

PITCH INSPECTIONS
Championship: Blackpool v West Brom (inspection 1000 GMT)
Cardiff v Leicester (1130)

League Two: Port Vale v Chesterfield (1000)
Rochdale v Shrewsbury (1000)

Scottish Division Two: Dumbarton v Alloa (1000)

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

pa102aw wrote:
PITCH INSPECTIONS
Championship: Blackpool v West Brom (inspection 1000 GMT)
FOLLOWING Saturday morning's pitch inspection match referee Dave Foster had no hesitation in postponing the game due to a frozen pitch.

Temperatures on The Fylde Coast plunged to mins four overnight and left the Bloomfield Road playing surface completely frozen.

A date for the re-arranged game has yet to be agreed

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsD ... 96,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

Link to BBC updates: here

Though I don't quite get the need for the disclaimer?

NB Games may be postponed at short notice. The BBC is not responsible for any postponements or rearranged fixtures.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

eagle224 wrote:Link to BBC updates: here

Though I don't quite get the need for the disclaimer?

NB Games may be postponed at short notice. The BBC is not responsible for any postponements or rearranged fixtures.
:lol: :lol: It's the mad world in which we live. Somebody will probably try and take the BBC for compo if a game is postponed without the disclaimer! "I checked your site before leaving, and it said the game was on. You owe me petrol money!"

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Cardiff have a brand new ground! Where did they get the undersoil heating from, Poundland?

I've always said there's no excuse for teams in the top two divisions not getting games on due to cold weather, and that they should forfeit the game or be deducted points if they can't. Still, that one makes sure we have a chance of going back into 3rd place, or even second if we can win by 12 goals! :wink:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

forestfan wrote:Cardiff have a brand new ground! Where did they get the undersoil heating from, Poundland
Very good point if it is due to a frozen pitch, or even general conditions in the ground. No excuse for a brand new stadium.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

Jonathan wrote:
forestfan wrote:Cardiff have a brand new ground! Where did they get the undersoil heating from, Poundland
Very good point if it is due to a frozen pitch, or even general conditions in the ground. No excuse for a brand new stadium.
I have read somewhere else that they have undersoil heating installed but it has not been switched on yet because it has not been safety tested as required by their insurance company. :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Jonathan wrote:
Colchester's stadium is brand new too but I think that one did come form Poundland.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Wigan v Bolton, Inspection this morning

Doesn't look good. (unless you've got 12 points sitting on the bench in your FPL team :D )

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Spencer4 wrote:Wigan v Bolton, Inspection this morning

Doesn't look good. (unless you've got 12 points sitting on the bench in your FPL team :D )

Klasnic and Rod in my XI :cry:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Who is winning MOTW in TFF?

Anybody just behind with transfers and curses in hand?

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Bolton V Wigan looks like it could be off. My man says inspection at 12. Its a health & safety around the ground ruling. The NW has the countries highest legal claims for injury on broken pavements and smash for cash scams.lol :D

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Game OFF (Wigan SIte)

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsD ... 80,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Any idea when it might be re-scheduled?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

snout wrote:Any idea when it might be re-scheduled?
They don't say, probably a mid-week left open for FA Replays? If they don't have replays themselves of course.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Since neither is in the Carling Cup or Europe, there will be plenty of free midweeks in January or February when I'd expect it to be rearranged. A potential FA Cup replay week is least likely imo.

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Jan 6th looks very likely.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

January 6th is Arsenal v Bolton, so I'd disagree with that :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Spencer4 wrote:Game OFF (Wigan SIte)

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsD ... 80,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is worth scrolling down that link to see their sad attempts at justifcation by using pictures of ice around the ground. (well it made me smile anyway)

PS We have 26" icicles at work - I bet they can't beat that. Yes I was sad enough to get my ruler out.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i'm in kent.

thawing fast now, so reckon south will be safe.

what is up in wigan way?

andy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fixture News”