To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DO NOT POST New Season Fixtures on FISO

A Forum for news and comment on Fixtures relevant to Fantasy Football games.
Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Re: DO NOT POST New Season Fixtures on FISO

Post by Bramernic »

murf wrote:Individual clubs' matches are available from the BBC. You'll need to change the club name and the initial preceding it if you don't just want Arsenal's fixtures.

i.e. /a/arsenal would switch to /l/liverpool etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or go to this page where there are links to all 92 English clubs.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

DixieDean wrote:From the AFC website...

Arsenal kick-off the campaign with a trip to Goodison Park on August 15 to take on Everton. However Champions League commitments mean the home game with Bolton, which is scheduled for August 18, will have to be re-arranged. Therefore the first Premier League match of the season at Emirates Stadium will be the visit of Portsmouth on August 22.
Apart from this one are there any others that will have to be changed?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

RomynPG wrote:
DixieDean wrote:From the AFC website...

Arsenal kick-off the campaign with a trip to Goodison Park on August 15 to take on Everton. However Champions League commitments mean the home game with Bolton, which is scheduled for August 18, will have to be re-arranged. Therefore the first Premier League match of the season at Emirates Stadium will be the visit of Portsmouth on August 22.
Apart from this one are there any others that will have to be changed?
Arsenal are the only club with a CL qualifier this year. Not sure how the UEFA Cup (AKA Europa League) can affect things other than shifting a few matches to sundays.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Thanks murf :)

andycoull
Grumpy Old Teuchter

Post by andycoull »

Bramernic wrote:
andycoull wrote:No link for Scottish Leagues :roll: :roll: :roll:
Go on then ... just for you :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I wouldn't have put the div 2 and 3 links. Who would want them :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

The Drog's Ballacks
Grumpy Old Ballacks
FS Record: nout for the big boys to worry about

Post by The Drog's Ballacks »

NFG wrote:
Bramernic wrote:All guesses wrong ... no surprise there then. West Ham and Wolves are linked in a strange sort of way though!

Lists available on links in first post.
Never mind the trivial fixtures. I see Palace have a tough start. :wink: :lol:
I cant believe its Cardiff away on boxing day again! grrr its either been boxing day or new years day for the past 5 seasons

URkiddingMe
Dumblebunny

Post by URkiddingMe »

Man City are down to play Everton 5 days into the start of the Prem season, but that game is off. who draws up these fixtures? :lol:

andycoull
Grumpy Old Teuchter

Post by andycoull »

URkiddingMe wrote:Man City are down to play Everton 5 days into the start of the Prem season, but that game is off. who draws up these fixtures? :lol:
I think it was Bram.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Interesting little article here on how they come about the fixture list. Sorry if this has been posted before:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#097608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NFG
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NFG »

The Drog's Ballacks wrote:
NFG wrote:
Bramernic wrote:All guesses wrong ... no surprise there then. West Ham and Wolves are linked in a strange sort of way though!

Lists available on links in first post.
Never mind the trivial fixtures. I see Palace have a tough start. :wink: :lol:
I cant believe its Cardiff away on boxing day again! grrr its either been boxing day or new years day for the past 5 seasons
It could have been worse. I'm surprised Newcastle and Middlesborough away aren't on a Tuesday night. :lol:

LeagueofSnails
Kevin and Perry

Post by LeagueofSnails »

Jonathan wrote:Interesting little article here on how they come about the fixture list. Sorry if this has been posted before:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#097608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah I found this very interesting. Had no idea that teams were paired together, and that a fixture change for one club affected another.
Explains why Villa play Liverpool early in the season every year. And why we'll be playing Arsenal on Boxing Day for the second season in a row. Must be very little room for manoeuvre.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Jonathan wrote:Interesting little article here on how they come about the fixture list. Sorry if this has been posted before:

Comment number 280 under that article is very interesting... is that even remotely true?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Karrde wrote:

Comment number 280 under that article is very interesting... is that even remotely true?
Someone else said the 'fine tuning by hand' makes it copyrightable

It really is amazing how much whining there is on that thread. I have been through Liverpool's fixtures and we have an even share of games. 19 are away and 19 are at home which I think is very fair. Whats more we have to play all 19 teams twice, none three times or more and none once or even zero times. And... would you believe it each team is played once at home and once away.

Man U still get the easy first and last games though :wink:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

murf wrote:
Karrde wrote: Comment number 280 under that article is very interesting... is that even remotely true?
Just saw that myself - comment 298 - but even then I wasn't aware that computer generated data couldn't be copyrighted??

However I really wish someone, with a bit of money obv, would challenge DataCo on this whole thing - how can anyone copyright the timing of a public event (requires local councils, police etc to provide for them) - it's public domain information imo

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

RomynPG wrote:
murf wrote:
Karrde wrote:Comment number 280 under that article is very interesting... is that even remotely true?
Just saw that myself - comment 298 - but even then I wasn't aware that computer generated data couldn't be copyrighted??
It does seem odd that a widely available list of dates can be copyrightable but I guess there must be a reason otherwise they'd have been challenged before now. The other points made in comment 298 represent my thoughts on the matter pretty succinctly. People will always moan no matter how much effort is put into the planning and what a nightmare of a job it must be to have to arrange something so massive. It would put you right off of the game I'm sure.

kid kongo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kid kongo »

murf wrote:
Karrde wrote:

It really is amazing how much whining there is on that thread. I have been through Liverpool's fixtures and we have an even share of games. 19 are away and 19 are at home which I think is very fair. Whats more we have to play all 19 teams twice, none three times or more and none once or even zero times. And... would you believe it each team is played once at home and once away.

Man U still get the easy first and last games though :wink:
Yeah murf......but Liverpool still have the easy (1-4) '6 pointer' at Old Trafford amidst those!! :lol:

Seriously though I agree with your point. 19 games at home...19 games away....against all opposition...end of story.
Does anyone actually believe that if Man Utd had played Newcastle at home at the very end of the season rather than at the very beginning...or even mid-season...that it would have ended in a draw?!
Sometimes teams get lucky because their opponents have key injuries.....sometimes it's because they are going through a flat period....etc...etc....some you win some you lose.
Chelsea under Mourhino set the bar a few seasons back.
You can not afford to play yourself into the season anymore......... as Utd did for the previous decade.
You have to hit the ground running from Game 1 and continue until Game 38.
This season Utd have had their luckiest ever win of the Prem imho. I thought they were very poor for most of it (although scraping narrow wins I never thought them convincing for sustained periods).
Liverpool were easily the best team in the prem this year on a given day...and after only 2 defeats it was those numerous inexplicable draws against opposition mid-season that cost them.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fixture News”