To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer Assistance - HELP!

A forum for comment and discussion on 'Sun DreamTeam' Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here
chrisb182
Treebeard

Transfer Assistance - HELP!

Post by chrisb182 »

Hi guys, need some advice on making transfers.

Current team:

Ederson (MCY)
Mendy (MCY)
Stones (MCY)
Otamendi (MCY)
Walker (MCY)
Salah (LIV)
De Bruyne (MCY)
Mkhitaryan (MUN)
Lukaku (MUN)
Jesus (MCY)
Hernandez (WHU)

ITB - £0.5m

Obviously Mendy needs to go, but I'm also thinking about shipping out De Bruyne for Sane, and then upgrading Hernandez.

Any suggestions?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Transfer Assistance - HELP!

Post by CBN »

That team must have a lot of points. If it's anywhere near contention then swallow your pride and get Kane in.

Out: Mendy Mkhitaryan and Hernandez
In: Kane + 2

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

CBN wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 07:44 That team must have a lot of points. If it's anywhere near contention then swallow your pride and get Kane in.

I agree with the three out. Kane yes potentially but what shit would that leave you with as the other two.

How about hazard and coutinho and see what defender you can get?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Mendy 4.6
Mkh 5.2
Hernandez 3.0
+ 0.5

Kane at 8.9m still leaves 4.4 for a defender and a midfielder. Given the rest of his team, a great platform to carry two budget players for what is a short month.

chrisb182
Treebeard

Post by chrisb182 »

CBN wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 07:44 That team must have a lot of points. If it's anywhere near contention then swallow your pride and get Kane in.

Currently I've got 539pts and I'm 15,795th in the overall league. Originally I started with Gabbiadini up front, before switching to Mounie and ending up with Hernandez. My midfield hasn't changed at all, but my defence has changed around City's defence, so I've had Kompany and Danilo at different times so far this season. Unfortunately I missed out on Stones' haul against Feyonaard. Gutted!
mad dog wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 08:37

I agree with the three out. Kane yes potentially but what shit would that leave you with as the other two.

How about hazard and coutinho and see what defender you can get?
That's what I thought. I was actually thinking about doing the following transfers:
Mendy > Hegazi
Lukaku > Martial
Hernandez > Kane

However, Spurs' October fixtures aren't too favourable (Real Madrid x2 + Man Utd away). Plus they play 4 of their 6 games at home (BOU, LIV, WHU, RMD) and they've only scored 6 of their 21 goals so far this season at Wembley with Kane only getting 2 (both against Dortmund). He will also more than likely be benched in the League Cup against West Ham.
Zimmerman wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 09:28 Mendy 4.6
Mkh 5.2
Hernandez 3.0
+ 0.5

Kane at 8.9m still leaves 4.4 for a defender and a midfielder. Given the rest of his team, a great platform to carry two budget players for what is a short month.
If I were to go with Kane, I was thinking of bringing in Tarkowski (BUR) and Tadic (SOU).

1) Burnley have two good home games (WHU, NEW) whilst they have, on paper a hard away game (mcy) but they've been stifling big clubs away from home this season, so could be worth a punt.

2) Southampton have three good matches (NEW, WBA, bri) and although they've been very underwhelming so far this season, they are too good of a team to not turn it around.

What do you guys think?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I think that the Kane question can only be answered by knowing how many teams you entered and how many Kanes you already have. In another thread the question about dropping Kane for October is raised and although it's not a great idea it isn't totally stupid, given Spurs fixtures. A corollary is that bringing in Kane at this point in time may not be the best option. If it's your only team, and you are risk averse, go for it. Otherwise wait on Kane and get out your fantasy prayer mat, hoping that he has a moderate month.

At the end of October you might be flat on your face, but you might be smelling of roses shooting up the rankings, and that uncertainty is what makes fantasy worth playing. Although winning fantasy is largely a case of just doing the bleedin' obvious, you may need to take the odd risk here and there, and bringing off the odd little coup can be fun, (as long as unlike many on Fiso you don't boast about it and let the world know what a clever boy you are. :lol: :wink: :lol: )

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Yeah I don't think your side is worth dismantling for Kane given the context you've outlined.

chrisb182
Treebeard

Post by chrisb182 »

Striker wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 12:13
.... In another thread the question about dropping Kane for October is raised and although it's not a great idea it isn't totally stupid, given Spurs fixtures. A corollary is that bringing in Kane at this point in time may not be the best option......

..... Although winning fantasy is largely a case of just doing the bleedin' obvious, you may need to take the odd risk here and there, and bringing off the odd little coup can be fun.....
That is very true. I did see that post and a lot of valid points were raised. You’ve also got to remember that whilst a lot of people are banking on Kane to rip Bournemouth apart, many people thought he’d do exactly the same against Swansea and look how that turned out.

However, I do have a habit of talking myself INTO the obvious and Lady Luck not being on my side. At the beginning of last season, Aguero got suspended in the League following a straight red so I took him out and put Kane in. Aguero went on to score a hat-trick in the Champions League and all Kane got was a yellow card and one goal. Subsequently Kane’s value went down a little bit whilst Aguero’s went up and I couldn’t bring Aguero back in.
CBN wrote: Yeah I don't think your side is worth dismantling for Kane given the context you've outlined.
That’s a good way to put it. The thing is I HAVE to take Mendy out and also upgrade Hernandez.... but which players do I bring in if I don’t bring in Kane?????

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Hazard and coutinho and a decent defender

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”