To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

First 3 transfers for this team ?

A forum for comment and discussion on 'Sun DreamTeam' Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here
Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Re: First 3 transfers for this team ?

Post by Arch Stanton »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 23:34
Blademan wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 22:27 i'd give it up, won't be anywhere near top 10,000 end of November
I'll concentrate on other ones then........ top 40 in telegraph championship, top 110 sky, top 2500 telegraph prem and top 200 golden boot :lol:

Probably doesn't sound good to the professionals on here, but for me it's encouraging.
No need for this, no need to bite. I like what you did. You took a chance and then came here to get advice on how extend it and keep it going. Very smart in my opinion. There are people here who have been playing this game for years and know every corner of it. The fact you that have people like Edmondson (who in my opinion is very intelligent) and Zimmerman posting here proves you did the right thing in making the thread. I like the way Zimmerman gives advice, he doesn't try and shove down your throat what he thinks, he explains the potential pitfalls or positives as he sees them and gives you options.

Sure you attracted some negative posting but you handled it canny well, don't get sucked into a pissing contest.

I apologise if this sounds patronising but i think you are a good poster so don't get drawn into bragging. I like that you stick to discussing the game and strategy. The fact that other people are willing to discuss strategy means i can't be the only one that thinks that. Ignore anyone who is winding you up - either intentionally or unintentionally. Remember that you came here for advice and to share your opinion and experiences

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Stick to your plan ItsLikeBrandNew and keep going.

It's probably worth noting that the majority of these experts have never won f**k all in all the years of bestowing their sagelike opinions.

Many of the main managers who have won plenty of cash in all different games can't be arsed to come on here for the above reason but some of them do find it very amusing reading their total bs.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Arch Stanton wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 11:02
itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 23:34
Blademan wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 22:27 i'd give it up, won't be anywhere near top 10,000 end of November
I'll concentrate on other ones then........ top 40 in telegraph championship, top 110 sky, top 2500 telegraph prem and top 200 golden boot :lol:

Probably doesn't sound good to the professionals on here, but for me it's encouraging.
No need for this, no need to bite. I like what you did. You took a chance and then came here to get advice on how extend it and keep it going. Very smart in my opinion. There are people here who have been playing this game for years and know every corner of it. The fact you that have people like Edmondson (who in my opinion is very intelligent) and Zimmerman posting here proves you did the right thing in making the thread. I like the way Zimmerman gives advice, he doesn't try and shove down your throat what he thinks, he explains the potential pitfalls or positives as he sees them and gives you options.

Sure you attracted some negative posting but you handled it canny well, don't get sucked into a pissing contest.

I apologise if this sounds patronising but i think you are a good poster so don't get drawn into bragging. I like that you stick to discussing the game and strategy. The fact that other people are willing to discuss strategy means i can't be the only one that thinks that. Ignore anyone who is winding you up - either intentionally or unintentionally. Remember that you came here for advice and to share your opinion and experiences

Argggghhhh !!!....this bought a tear to my eye 😪

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Yeah keep it going, you're half way there to getting an okay team 8-) Another couple of months or so and you've cracked it I reckon.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Good news on the Willian side of things today for my team as he starts. Whether than means Hazard runs riot in the cup game rather than Willian remains to be seen.

Looks like i mistimed Zappacosta in a couple of my teams.

This is my top team now :-

Lossl
Zappacosta
Hegazi
Stones
Valencia
Eriksen
Salah
De Bruyne
Firmino
Lukaku
Jesus

and 3.7m in the bank.

But i'll keep the thread alive with the Huddersfield one even if we sink without a trace.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Back to my original Huddersfield team, its looking like that Eriksen and Kane double transfer is keeping us in touch.....just!

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 13:54 Back to my original Huddersfield team, its looking like that Eriksen and Kane double transfer is keeping us in touch.....just!

You'll break that trumpet........ :D

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

ex-pro-gaffer wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 13:56
itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 13:54 Back to my original Huddersfield team, its looking like that Eriksen and Kane double transfer is keeping us in touch.....just!

You'll break that trumpet........ :D
Lol it's only working at half volume. If Jesus gets a hat-trick and Hudderfield get a clean sheet then you'll need some ear protectors :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Binned the trumpet. Thanks Pep for putting Jesus on the bench :evil:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

68 points so far with my Huddersfield players getting 28pts. However when you see Jesus getting a big fat ZERO and Morata gets 28 points on his own it's not that good.

Can't afford a striker to be sitting on the bench. Not sure i can see a direct replacement for him at the moment. Too many question marks over top players still

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

This weekend Huddersfield are at home to Spurs so it's getting towards the time to get rid of my Huddersfield defenders. However due to some poor management :lol: i'm still left with players in other areas not performing.

So if Huddersfield dont get a thrashing then my defenders stay for another month and the front six will be :-

Salah
Eriksen
Willian = Hazard / Coutinho / Mane
Kane
Lukaku
Jesus = Aguero / Sanchez / Morata

I'm on 468 points so figure my best chance of clawing a few points back is have big hitters in the front 6 rather than waste transfers on swapping bargain basement defenders about.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Team went up another 2m this week so now at 58.7m. Willian down again and is costing me alot in terms of budget and points. Luckily no change for Jesus.

Overall happy with the team value, disappointed now with the points. Could of done with being 50pts closer.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Is that your team value mate or does it also include money in the bank.?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

plevna1963 wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 09:14 Is that your team value mate or does it also include money in the bank.?
It includes 4.9m in the bank mate. I've tried to keep as much back as possible so when it's time to get in a top quality player it doesnt cost me 2 transfers because of a lack of funds. Once we get the October transfers i'll be bringing in 2 big hitters and then i'll have no cash.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Would the kindest thing be for one of the mods to completely delete this thread :( :(

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Looking like game over for this team. The only good thing is that my Spurs players got 21pts so that limits the damage of -12 for my Huddersfield players.

Lossl and Lowe are Sunday morning players. They were dreadful

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The beginning of the end for Huddersfield.

They'll go down.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yep Blockhead, they can't score and the only thing keeping them going was a decent defence (looking at goals conceded before todays match).

In hindsight the clues were there with the low scores from whoscored for players like Lossl.

I'll still continue this thread, to see if i can salvage anything from this team. Also it will come in handy for next season as research as to where i went wrong.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Look no further than the 4th post
mesmerised wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 01:09 Got 17.5m left over

Don't think I've ever heard a dreamteam manager say that before, and expect serious tactical advice in reply :lol:

Top fishing sir, I salute you, you made me laugh.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Zimmerman wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 15:28 Look no further than the 4th post
mesmerised wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 01:09 Got 17.5m left over

Don't think I've ever heard a dreamteam manager say that before, and expect serious tactical advice in reply :lol:

Top fishing sir, I salute you, you made me laugh.
There's plenty more than that to add to the list. But yes i should of probably of had a decent mid and striker to start with.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

What you going to do now?

That is only one match and it could hardly have come as a surprise. It sounds like you are throwing in the towel. You said you were going to leave Lossi in anyway because goalkeepers don't score many points anyway. Are you still going to do that? Are you going to keep Schindler? He actually looks decent and played well. So that is two Huddesfield players to stay in for a bit. Also there are three fixtures in the next two months they could still pick up points in October they have Swansea and the start of November they have WBA and Bournemouth. You could keep your Huddersfield defenders until them until mid November or only jettison some of them.

Don't give up yet. I wouldn't. I will be honest you are going to be in for a couple of rough months but you said you looked months in advance anyway and this team might still perform well overall.

No point going on about what you should have done, since you were advised to gradually beef up your midfield and forwards before you got to this point and you didn't do it but what is your current team and do you have any transfers left?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'm going to use my October transfers as soon as they are available as i'm out of transfers.

It came as a suprise just how poorly they defended. I thought at worst they would lose 2-0

Keeper has to stay, even though i dont rate him at all in the 2 games i've seen him. Schindler will probably have to stay as well.

I'm going to bring in the big guns, Hazard, Coutinho, Sanchez (2 from 3).

Btw i did do what i was advised and bought in Kane and Eriksen, i just didn't have enough transfers left to change things in time.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 16:59 I'm going to use my October transfers as soon as they are available as i'm out of transfers.

It came as a suprise just how poorly they defended. I thought at worst they would lose 2-0

Keeper has to stay, even though i dont rate him at all in the 2 games i've seen him. Schindler will probably have to stay as well.

I'm going to bring in the big guns, Hazard, Coutinho, Sanchez (2 from 3).

Btw i did do what i was advised and bought in Kane and Eriksen, i just didn't have enough transfers left to change things in time.
What is the team as it stands mate?

I would bring in Sanchez and Coutinho even without seeing the team but I am interested in how it currently looks.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Lossl
Schindler
Smith
Lowe
Alonso
Salah
Eriksen
Willian
Kane
Lukaku
Jesus

4.9m in the bank

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Lowe,Smith & Willian to go then??

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

That isn't even a bad team with a nice amount in the bank. There are loads of options. I am watching the city vs chelsea match. I will post more when it finishes.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

lfc71 wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 18:27 Lowe,Smith & Willian to go then??
That would be the sensible option, but i'm not sure i can find 2 heavy scoring defenders. So may have to swap out Willian and another player from the front 6 that's underperforming or that has a hard fixture list.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Your weak links look to be the Huddersfield defence and Willian so a consensus of opinion seems be happening in your replies. Replacing to an acceptable defence may even need a 1m to 2m midfielder or something looking at the present prices. So you could replace 2 of them while or later in month perhaps replacing Willian with a cheapie then hope Huddersfield get at least a clean sheet every few games.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

bloggie wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 18:47 Your weak links look to be the Huddersfield defence and Willian so a consensus of opinion seems be happening in your replies. Replacing to an acceptable defence may even need a 1m to 2m midfielder or something looking at the present prices. So you could replace 2 of them while or later in month perhaps replacing Willian with a cheapie then hope Huddersfield get at least a clean sheet every few games.
Yep but i can't replace my weak links to players everyone else has got or i wont gain points on teams. The way to try to gain points is to create a front 6 not many managers have and just cross my fingers for the back 5 :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Nope, don't worry about that.
There are so many permutations of possibilities just select he strongest players.
Worry about being different in April.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”