To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

First 3 transfers for this team ?

A forum for comment and discussion on 'Sun DreamTeam' Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

First 3 transfers for this team ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Lossl 1.5m

Schindler 2m
Jorgenson 1.5m
Lowe 1.5m
Alonso 5.5m

Mooy 2.5m
Ince 2m
Willian 4m

Mounie 2m
Batshuayi 3m
Aguero 7m

Got 17.5m left over and looking to start the season by bringing in players that are playing in easy fixtures and that look undervalued. Players that dont look as though they will improve in value and in difficult fixtures to be transferred out.

To me it looks like Alonso and Batshuayi to go first and keep the 3rd transfer in case of an injury / suspension. Anyone any thoughts?

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Re: First 3 transfers for this team ?

Post by superiorpinkham »

Have a think after next weeks games, and again after the following week. Then decide :)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

You think transfers should be left until the end of the month? I figured i'd save 1 transfer just in case.

Really trying to play this differently to the majority.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Chelsea A Spurs, H Everton. Their defence looked terrible so i'm just not seeing many points for Alonso in his next 2 games. Morata improved the team when he came on so will Batshuayi now be relegated to the bench. I can see a big fat zero for both of these players while i sit here thinking for two games :lol:

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

Got 17.5m left over

Don't think I've ever heard a dreamteam manager say that before, and expect serious tactical advice in reply :lol:

Top fishing sir, I salute you, you made me laugh.

Chriscross
Treebeard
FS Record: Multiple works league winner

Post by Chriscross »

Looks like you need 11 tranfers this month!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mesmerised wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 01:09 Got 17.5m left over

Don't think I've ever heard a dreamteam manager say that before, and expect serious tactical advice in reply :lol:

Top fishing sir, I salute you, you made me laugh.

Like i said i want to start off differently to most. If everyone else spends 50m but their team doesnt increase in value but 9 of mine increase by .3m then that's 2.7m more i'll have to spend. So while everyone else looks for that 1.5m bargain buy i'll have 4m+ to spend and can have 11 quality players when the season settles down.

I think i've worked out my next move anyway. Alonso and Batshuayi out and Kompany and Hernandez in. Other players that stand out as being undervalued are Rooney and Salah. I reckon a few other Everton players are as well but don't really want any until their run of hard fixtures are over.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Chriscross wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 07:07 Looks like you need 11 tranfers this month!
Lol, got 70 points yesterday so off to a good start. Looking at Huddersfields fixtures it's a gamble that might pay off until around W7 or W9 at the very latest. With 3 transfers a month the team can look very different by the beginning of October.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Extremely flawed logic. But best of luck with your great start :)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Edmondson wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 08:33 Extremely flawed logic. But best of luck with your great start :)
I don't get what's flawed about it. Surely the flawed logic is everyone picking from the same pool of like 40 players and thinking they can win isn't it?

Thanks, i'm sure this will backfire bigtime on me but it will be interesting in see come October how many of the big names have started off well and how many of the bargain buys have.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

You're taking the stock market approach but leaving £17.5m under the mattress, where it won't be gaining or losing you anything.

The pool of 40 players you mention that everyone is using, is thousands and thousands of different combinations. You really don't have to worry about "playing it differently" to win but if you must, then the odd Mounie is fine.

You talk about your own strategy with 9 transfers by start of October but then seem to suggest the rest of the field are stuck with what they've done from the off. Can't they all use their 9 transfers to do a bit of your strategy in reverse? Get Hegazi in now he has some points and get the rise?

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

I wonder if you would have made this thread if that team had sunk without a trace. Still, not a bad idea. There is no form at the start of the season so a lot of the players you have picked could get off to a good start before things start to level out, which is exactly what happened.

It is a strange team you picked, a bit like my cheap as chips team. Glad it worked out for you though, like you say with the price rises, the extra cash and the transfers it might be a nice little project, which is what I assume is all you intended it to be in the first place.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Edmondson wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 09:52 You're taking the stock market approach but leaving £17.5m under the mattress, where it won't be gaining or losing you anything.

The pool of 40 players you mention that everyone is using, is thousands and thousands of different combinations. You really don't have to worry about "playing it differently" to win but if you must, then the odd Mounie is fine.

You talk about your own strategy with 9 transfers by start of October but then seem to suggest the rest of the field are stuck with what they've done from the off. Can't they all use their 9 transfers to do a bit of your strategy in reverse? Get Hegazi in now he has some points and get the rise?
But the 17.5m couldnt of made me any more if i'd invested it could it? You can only pick 11 players which can gain .3m so it doesnt matter if you spend 10m or 50m

I'm not suggesting others are stuck with what they have, i'm suggesting if everyone is buying top end players it's more likely their price will go down isn't it as there isn't much room for improvement. Yes of course others could do my strategy in reverse but i would of thought getting in and out of it quickly would be better as it's almost certain come Christmas it's probably best to have players from the big 5 or 6 clubs.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Arch Stanton wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 10:19 I wonder if you would have made this thread if that team had sunk without a trace. Still, not a bad idea. There is no form at the start of the season so a lot of the players you have picked could get off to a good start before things start to level out, which is exactly what happened.

It is a strange team you picked, a bit like my cheap as chips team. Glad it worked out for you though, like you say with the price rises, the extra cash and the transfers it might be a nice little project, which is what I assume is all you intended it to be in the first place.
No i wouldn't, it's because of a good start that i want to keep it going and so asking for advice......but i guess i'll have to do my own research. The no form is spot on, you only have to look at some of the results over the weekend but as the season progresses the "freak" results happen less and less.

It was a last minute rush based on Huddersfield having a good start and the Chelsea players were put there as guaranteed starters and i thought some guaranteed points which has come back to haunt me :lol:

Yep it's just a project to see what happens. I've a few other teams with big hitters in and it will be interesting to see how this team gets on compared to doing things the usual way.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

For anyone interested this is what i consider my best team and the reason i wanted the cheap strategy :-

Lossl
Bellerin
Lowe
Bertrand
Kolasinac
Salah
Pogba
De Bruyne
Lacazette
Kane
Lukaku

I sat here and thought you know what if i had 55m i'd have 11 quality players rather than 9 and wondered if there was a way to do it.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 10:46No i wouldn't, it's because of a good start that i want to keep it going and so asking for advice......but i guess i'll have to do my own research. The no form is spot on, you only have to look at some of the results over the weekend but as the season progresses the "freak" results happen less and less.

It was a last minute rush based on Huddersfield having a good start and the Chelsea players were put there as guaranteed starters and i thought some guaranteed points which has come back to haunt me :lol:

Yep it's just a project to see what happens. I've a few other teams with big hitters in and it will be interesting to see how this team gets on compared to doing things the usual way.
Like i said i think it was a good idea, a nice little experiment. I don't think people are deliberately not giving you advice, more a case of not being sure what advice would be appropriate. it is still early days.

I would stick with what you have for the time being, particularly in terms of the Huddersfield players because they have some decent fixtures and the extra fixture (although they may put out a weakened side for that one) until the end of September when they meet Spurs. if you want to mix it up a bit you could put in Hegazi and catch the price rise on that one, also WBA have some decent fixtures coming up and the extra match.

I think you already know to get rid of Batshuayi and put a big hitter in. i would also get rid of Mooy and Ince at some point and put some big hitters in there as well over the coming weeks, then gradually move out the cheapo defenders when the tougher fixtures come up and replace them with established point scorers that whoscored like but at the end of the day it is up to you.

I am annoyed at myself i didn't put Mounie in my cheap as chips team. Redrum had already highlighted him before the season started and gave sound reasons why he would be a good pick but i wanted Jesus in there :(

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yep the plan before the start of the season was to slowly chip away at the Huddersfield players removing the mids first and then defenders by w9 at the latest. The keeper i'm not so bothered about, 60pts for the season and he'll of done the job for me.

I completely missed Hegazi so i think he can come in for Alonso. Batshuayi is the other definate one to go, perhaps Lacazette at 5m is undervalued so maybe go for him or do you have any recommendations? Perhaps Lukaku looks good for 6m, i do like the look of Morata but not in this transfer window. The 3rd transfer i'll look at later.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

the obvious advice is where do you want to get to?

i.e. long term are you hoping to have Mane, Jesus, Lukaku or whoever?
Might as well bring the best ones in now (with an eye on fixtures) than carry bums like Batshuayi?

And if you thought Alonso was a decent shout yesterday morning... surely you might as well keep him? Is he a long term keeper?
If you want to ride that Huddersfield block, then so be it.
But at least maximise the chance of your front 6.

With where that team is today

I say Mooy, Ince and Batshuayi get sent packing.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 11:19 Yep the plan before the start of the season was to slowly chip away at the Huddersfield players removing the mids first and then defenders by w9 at the latest. The keeper i'm not so bothered about, 60pts for the season and he'll of done the job for me.

I completely missed Hegazi so i think he can come in for Alonso. Batshuayi is the other definate one to go, perhaps Lacazette at 5m is undervalued so maybe go for him or do you have any recommendations? Perhaps Lukaku looks good for 6m, i do like the look of Morata but not in this transfer window. The 3rd transfer i'll look at later.
Any one of those three - Morata, Lacazette or Lukaku. I would wait and see how Lukaku does today but if he performs well he would be my pick, he is only a million more and he has proven Premier League pedigree. It all depends on how many chances it looks like Man Utd will create over the course of a match this season though. If you have the money Sanchez or Kane have to come in sooner rather than later (assuming Sanchez stays).

The midfielders I would be looking to get in are Pogba and Coutinho, if he stays and you have the funds. The hardest choices I think you have are in defence but hopefully that will become clear in the coming weeks.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

One other thing in terms of defenders, if there is a complete Huddersfield collapse, you would probably be looking at triage (or at least I would) but if it was me I would still be looking at cheap defenders that are an upgrade on what I already had like Stephens at Southampton, maybe Trent-Alexander before gradually putting in more expensive defenders if I could afford them.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Zimmerman wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 11:27 the obvious advice is where do you want to get to?

i.e. long term are you hoping to have Mane, Jesus, Lukaku or whoever?
Might as well bring the best ones in now (with an eye on fixtures) than carry bums like Batshuayi?

And if you thought Alonso was a decent shout yesterday morning... surely you might as well keep him? Is he a long term keeper?
If you want to ride that Huddersfield block, then so be it.
But at least maximise the chance of your front 6.

With where that team is today

I say Mooy, Ince and Batshuayi get sent packing.
The goal is to get to 11 players that play for the top 7 clubs,Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and to get there by getting them on an easy run of fixtures.

Alonso was a mistake. I was looking for someone playing in the 3pm kick offs that i thought would consistantly score points. I now dont think he can live up to that 5.5m price tag.

Not Mooy & Ince, maybe one towards the end of August if they don't perform.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Arch Stanton wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 11:30
itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 11:19 Yep the plan before the start of the season was to slowly chip away at the Huddersfield players removing the mids first and then defenders by w9 at the latest. The keeper i'm not so bothered about, 60pts for the season and he'll of done the job for me.

Any one of those three - Morata, Lacazette or Lukaku. I would wait and see how Lukaku does today but if he performs well he would be my pick, he is only a million more and he has proven Premier League pedigree. It all depends on how many chances it looks like Man Utd will create over the course of a match this season though. If you have the money Sanchez or Kane have to come in sooner rather than later (assuming Sanchez stays).

The midfielders I would be looking to get in are Pogba and Coutinho, if he stays and you have the funds. The hardest choices I think you have are in defence but hopefully that will become clear in the coming weeks.
Yep i like all 3 of those strikers, Sanchez and Kane both have question marks over them don't they at the moment. Hoping to maybe pick Kane up later if he starts slowly which is usual for him.

Pogba i think will definately have to come in at some stage as whoscored.com love him.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Arch Stanton wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 11:43 One other thing in terms of defenders, if there is a complete Huddersfield collapse, you would probably be looking at triage (or at least I would) but if it was me I would still be looking at cheap defenders that are an upgrade on what I already had like Stephens at Southampton, maybe Trent-Alexander before gradually putting in more expensive defenders if I could afford them.
The Huddersfield defenders are the big gamble and it's why i went for 3 rather than 4 as i can clear them in 1 go. The keeper must get at least 60pts in a season so at 1.5m hits the 40pts per million that i usually aim for.

The only question over the Huddersfield defs is whether they go in Sept or Oct. 30th Sept is when they play Spurs, and then the end of Oct when they take on Man U and Liverpool. When i looked at their fixtures i couldnt really see them getting a thrashing before then.......but who knows.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 12:14
Alonso was a mistake. I was looking for someone playing in the 3pm kick offs that i thought would consistantly score points. I now dont think he can live up to that 5.5m price tag.
After one game (a game in which his team had ten men for a chunk of it)?

Like someone expecting Hegazi to be the best defender in the game or Mounienthe golden boot winner on the basis of yesterday.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 10:41
Edmondson wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 09:52 You're taking the stock market approach but leaving £17.5m under the mattress, where it won't be gaining or losing you anything.

But the 17.5m couldnt of made me any more if i'd invested it could it? You can only pick 11 players which can gain .3m so it doesnt matter if you spend 10m or 50m

I'm not suggesting others are stuck with what they have, i'm suggesting if everyone is buying top end players it's more likely their price will go down isn't it as there isn't much room for improvement. Yes of course others could do my strategy in reverse but i would of thought getting in and out of it quickly would be better as it's almost certain come Christmas it's probably best to have players from the big 5 or 6 clubs.
The whole price change mechanism is a bit of an unknown. There were some on here that got close to finding a formula but nothing 100% and we know this season it's impact has been dampened from a 0.6m possible weekly rise down to 0.3m. But we don't have the details.

You're making a huge assumption that a 2.5m player will find a 0.3m rise a lot easier than a 7m player, who you seem worried might drop in value. Are you simply basing that on the fact that the 7m player is pirced about right so could go up/down or stay the same but your opinion is that you've found some guaranteed moneyballers who you're convinced will only rise?

I take your point about the 11 player investment rather than the 50m being key, my comment on that was a little bit tongue in cheek. The truth is we don't know who will rise more, a guaranteed 7m man doing his stuff or a 2m punt with one good week and two blanks?

We do know prices won't change for first 3 weeks so why hamstring yourself in that period? By all means stick a couple of value types in, Mounie, Lossl etc but the likes of Lukaku and Salah would surely have helped you and met your criteria in some way?

Like I said if you want to increase budget to then sweep up the big guns, I'd burn 3 transfers chasing the risers, but in doing that you need to be nearer your final XI.

By doing it your way:

Start with the risers > move to the big guns

You have no certainty over that starting position. That's the flawed logic part. You want to chase budget, absolutely fine, but the way you're going about it is strange, given that there has to be half an eye on the overall objective to get the most points possible.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Zimmerman wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 12:41
itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 12:14
After one game (a game in which his team had ten men for a chunk of it)?

Like someone expecting Hegazi to be the best defender in the game or Mounienthe golden boot winner on the basis of yesterday.
Yep after 1 game i can spot Alonso wont get me 40pts per million, in the same way i can spot that Hegazi will.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Edmondson wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 12:57
itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 10:41

The whole price change mechanism is a bit of an unknown. There were some on here that got close to finding a formula but nothing 100% and we know this season it's impact has been dampened from a 0.6m possible weekly rise down to 0.3m. But we don't have the details.

You're making a huge assumption that a 2.5m player will find a 0.3m rise a lot easier than a 7m player, who you seem worried might drop in value. Are you simply basing that on the fact that the 7m player is pirced about right so could go up/down or stay the same but your opinion is that you've found some guaranteed moneyballers who you're convinced will only rise?

I take your point about the 11 player investment rather than the 50m being key, my comment on that was a little bit tongue in cheek. The truth is we don't know who will rise more, a guaranteed 7m man doing his stuff or a 2m punt with one good week and two blanks?

We do know prices won't change for first 3 weeks so why hamstring yourself in that period? By all means stick a couple of value types in, Mounie, Lossl etc but the likes of Lukaku and Salah would surely have helped you and met your criteria in some way?

Like I said if you want to increase budget to then sweep up the big guns, I'd burn 3 transfers chasing the risers, but in doing that you need to be nearer your final XI.

By doing it your way:

Start with the risers > move to the big guns

You have no certainty over that starting position. That's the flawed logic part. You want to chase budget, absolutely fine, but the way you're going about it is strange, given that there has to be half an eye on the overall objective to get the most points possible.
I think the Sun bases it's valuations very loosely around 40pts per million so someone like Harry Kane has to get over 8pts per game but a cheap player like Lossl only needs over 1.5 per game. So for Kane to go up in value he has to score and or get mom in a run of games. For Lossl to go up he only needs a 7 out of 10 and not let in too many goals. I think the latter is easier to achieve.

No one has any certainty over anything in this game. We could pick 11 players, 2 get sent off 1 gets injured, 2 don't play, 1 gets transferred outside of the PL and the team falls apart.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

"itslikebrandnew" - welcome back Stinky! 8-)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

CBN wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 13:28 "itslikebrandnew" - welcome back Stinky! 8-)
No idea what you mean by that.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 13:33
CBN wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 13:28 "itslikebrandnew" - welcome back Stinky! 8-)
No idea what you mean by that.
He thinks you are a fella who used to post on here. If you are one and the same then welcome since you have calmed down quite a bit. If you aren't then it is a bit of a back handed compliment, since he is very good at the game but mad as a bag of frogs.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”