To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT.... any advice welcome.

A forum for comment and discussion on 'Sun DreamTeam' Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here
cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

RMT.... any advice welcome.

Post by cclem345 »

Hey Folks so this is my first draft team and reasons why.

FOSTER- good opening fixtures, good individual performer
KOMPANY- If fit, captain, good team, Europe.
BAILLY- good team, Europe, looked strong, frequent 7+
TRIPPIER-attacking threat, good delivery if spurs dont sign new rb.
MCAULEY-good opening fixtures. Goal threat, always rated
POGBA- good team, assists, Maybe on pens
MANE- plays very forward, gets goals, Liverpool extra games.
LOFTUS CHEEK-enabler and wild card. Should play attacking midfield. Young but big frame so should handle the league no problem playing week in week out.palace opening games ok.
KANE- no explanation needed
LUKAKU- same as above.
LACAZETTE- clinical finisher, likely to be on pens. Quite cheap for a good team in Europe& main man.

My concerns maybe Trippier if Spurs sign another right back can change to Bellerin or Lindelof.

If Mane has any fitness issues can swap for Coutinho.

Any other input would be great. Perhaps my defence is too expensive and should plump for a cheaper one.

Its what combo will get me most points especially early doors Loftus cheek+Trippier or Ogbonna+Salah.

Mega Cheesecake
Kevin and Perry

Re: RMT.... any advice welcome.

Post by Mega Cheesecake »

Hi mate,

If they all make 1st team your defence is solid and easily worth the price. Maybe take a look at Soares instread of McAuley, no issue with him as a player it's just you stand to lose a fair amount with both him & Foster if West Brom start Badly.
Be aware that Mane is coming back from injury, could mean he starts a bit slow for Liverpool - but definitely going to score points this season. Edit: Realise you said pretty much this exact thing!
Cheek for 1.5m could be a bargain, worth keeping an eye on pre-season, last thing you need is a player sitting on the bench.
Top 3 speaks for itself, personally I can't make my mind up between Lacazette & Jesus. Both have huge potential & a decent price tag.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Mega Cheesecake wrote:Hi mate,

If they all make 1st team your defence is solid and easily worth the price. Maybe take a look at Soares instread of McAuley, no issue with him as a player it's just you stand to lose a fair amount with both him & Foster if West Brom start Badly.
Be aware that Mane is coming back from injury, could mean he starts a bit slow for Liverpool - but definitely going to score points this season. Edit: Realise you said pretty much this exact thing!
Cheek for 1.5m could be a bargain, worth keeping an eye on pre-season, last thing you need is a player sitting on the bench.
Top 3 speaks for itself, personally I can't make my mind up between Lacazette & Jesus. Both have huge potential & a decent price tag.
Cheers thanks for tips. Jesus would be nailed on for me but aguero and him in same team someone's gonna have to play wider. I know aguero dropped abit deeper last season but wasn't that effective. Jesus is more mobile for a wide of a front 3 I just dont want hin being subbed 60-65 mins most games to accommodate for silvas/sanes/sterling etc.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

So my team is now sitting like this.

HENNESSEY 2M
LOWE 1.5M
OGBONNA 1.5M
ALONSO 5.5
BAILLY 4.5
ALLI 6
POGBA 6
SALAH 4
LUKAKU 6
KANE 8
JESUS 5.

Is the defence too dodgy with 2 1.5m?

I'm thinking the only way they can really go is up in price hopefully with a couple of decent games. Lowes games are easier so if Huddersfield get a couple of clean sheets or he scores a penalty can get rid of him.

Front 6 I think is fine. Maybe swap Alli for KDB. Or Jesus for Morata for Chelsea coverage.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Defence way to lightweight imo,& of the 2 premium def you have the money could be spent better on slightly cheaper options to upgrade other bits of your defence.

The rest looks sound :D

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

lfc71 wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 14:39 Defence way to lightweight imo,& of the 2 premium def you have the money could be spent better on slightly cheaper options to upgrade other bits of your defence.

The rest looks sound :D
Cheers. Yeah could swap Alonso for Killing and upgrade one of the others.

It's just tactically although on paper say a Kompany and Soares looks better than an Alonso and Ogbonna however if we can get a rise in Ogbonna I can upgrade.

Hard to call.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

How's this looking?

Thinking then to upgrade one of the 4m midfielders to either a Morata/Lacazette/Jesus when I see where they are playing, formations etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

I'm liking that very much as you have the option to swap a mid for a 5m striker if Lacazette or Morata hit form :D

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

shakermeister wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 19:02 I'm liking that very much as you have the option to swap a mid for a 5m striker if Lacazette or Morata hit form :D
Was thinking could even bring Firminio in for the extra games but most likely Jesus or Morata. Plus it will let me see exactly how my midfielders play ie kdb on fire/Pogba played further forward etc

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Absolutely :D :)

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

I think its about setting your side up so it's flexible enough to make the right changes ... which is what you've succeeded in I think :D

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Have you thought of downgrade from Hennessy to lossl save .5m and upgrade ogbonna to Robertson liv ( not sure if he ll get much game time maybe a lfc fan could help) but if he does could score well and you will still have 1.0m itb to upgrade one of your mids

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Nightowl wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 20:32 Have you thought of downgrade from Hennessy to lossl save .5m and upgrade ogbonna to Robertson liv ( not sure if he ll get much game time maybe a lfc fan could help) but if he does could score well and you will still have 1.0m itb to upgrade one of your mids
It's an option. Huddersfield opening games not too bad. Robertson would also provide few extra games. Not a bad shout. Should play first games as Milner due back few days before opener.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

So this is my final draft barring injuries.

My plan is to swap:

Mingolet to Hennessy
Firmino to Kane
Milner to Valencia or other 4m or under defender in week 3.

This gives me points for Liverpools extra games and then I get my season keepers back.

Any opinions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Are Liverpool expected to keep a couple of clean sheets (3defenders) in the cl playoff , what's this team like there playing are they expected to go through aswell,otherwise any problems elsewhere in your team and your stuck with them, could be a good idea if the team their playing is poor (bonus pts), I understand the firmino one as Liverpool are frightening going forward

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Wouldn't worry so much about the extra fixtures so much unless your playing for motm prizes in a mini league . Obviously over the season extra European games can make a difference but they can also be a hinderence !

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Nightowl wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 16:37 Are Liverpool expected to keep a couple of clean sheets (3defenders) in the cl playoff , what's this team like there playing are they expected to go through aswell,otherwise any problems elsewhere in your team and your stuck with them, could be a good idea if the team their playing is poor (bonus pts), I understand the firmino one as Liverpool are frightening going forward
I think Liverpool will get through however it wont be easy. They play in Germany first leg so I'm thinking they will set up defensively. Try to get a 1 0 win. Then get them back to Anfield and let the front line loose. Their league games Watford and palace are as easy as it gets also so they have plenty of chance for clean sheets.

It's a gamble. If I get a big injury I will just change mingolet and firmino to Hennessy and Kane and keep Milner until start or of September unless he impresses.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

shakermeister wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 16:57 Wouldn't worry so much about the extra fixtures so much unless your playing for motm prizes in a mini league . Obviously over the season extra European games can make a difference but they can also be a hinderence !
Yeah but playing these extra games well if it works out can gain 20-30 extra points over the rest of the field going into September which is a good start.

Plus games against Watford and Palace in between are as good as your gonna get as a defender. Clean sheets aren't guaranteed but nothing is.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

cclem345 wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 17:03
shakermeister wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 16:57 Wouldn't worry so much about the extra fixtures so much unless your playing for motm prizes in a mini league . Obviously over the season extra European games can make a difference but they can also be a hinderence !
Yeah but playing these extra games well if it works out can gain 20-30 extra points over the rest of the field going into September which is a good start.

Plus games against Watford and Palace in between are as good as your gonna get as a defender. Clean sheets aren't guaranteed but nothing is.
Apart from maybe a Burnley and a Huddersfield that is. What i mean is it's a relatively easy start before someone chips in.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

With their opening fixtures and Matic probably making them even better defensively I'd consider Jones for Man Utd. Looks like he'll get the nod as he's been favoured pre-season :D

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Might try something similar as I too want to start without Kane, is it worth the risk this early in the game that's what I'll have to convince myself, gl if you go for it cclem

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Nightowl wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 17:09 Might try something similar as I too want to start without Kane, is it worth the risk this early in the game that's what I'll have to convince myself, gl if you go for it cclem
I think it is. If it doesn't work your maybe 20 points worse off. Now is the time to take a chance as price changes dont kick in yet.

So least you won't be down 20 points and maybe a swing of 0.6m.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

So here's my team. After deciding between going with Firmino instead of Kane i have decided to go with Mane instead of Pogba.

What's the views?

Any possible improvements.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Best RMT I have seen.

chrisb182
Treebeard

Post by chrisb182 »

Maybe (and this is just maybe) look at changing Kompany for Danilo? Same price and Danilo will start as a wingback for City it seems, so will get possibly get better attacking returns. However, once Mendy is fit, you'll have to look at transferring him out as it seems likely he will lose his place.

Hatch
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hatch »

I don't think it's 100% that Hennessey is first choice

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Hatch wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 12:26 I don't think it's 100% that Hennessey is first choice
Seen that on a few forums.

Decided to swap valencia for Davies after roses outburst and bringing in Begovic.

cakedeath
FISOhead

Post by cakedeath »

cclem345 wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 13:02
Hatch wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 12:26 I don't think it's 100% that Hennessey is first choice

Decided to swap valencia for Davies after roses outburst and bringing in Begovic.

Rose has since put out an apology for his outburst

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

cakedeath wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 13:18
cclem345 wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 13:02

Seen that but he's still out for another 3 weeks at least and I dont think it will sit too well with Poch. Could get 4/5 games out of Davies before having to swap him and allows me to upgrade my goalie.

Could plump for kolasinac instead if he's starting tonight.

Rose has since put out an apology for his outburst

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

752 points.

2.6m in the bank.

Wasn't going great and was for taking Alli out but after the other night he's staying in. Pope is staying in for another week or two as Burnleys fixtures aren't bad and he's on the rise.

Any ideas? Was thinking:

Hegazi to Sanchez. Leaves 0.4m.

Not sure what else.

Sitting 4th in my mini league and 21st in the £5 league here it's the only team I entered so any advice appreciated.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”