To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT Please

A forum for comment and discussion on 'Sun DreamTeam' Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here
team998
Kevin and Perry

RMT Please

Post by team998 »

Pickford - Europe, solid value keeper
Evans, Nyom - Decent early fixtures
Man Utd players great fixtures
Liverpool players extra games early doors
If image is too small team is:
Pickford
Evans, Nyom, Valencia, Lindelof
Pogba, Coutinho, Salah
Lukaku, Firmino, Aguero
IMG_0218.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bs3ac
Treebeard

Re: RMT Please

Post by bs3ac »

Similar to my team although having both Nyom and Evans in defence is a little weak.

Salah is a gamble and not sure he will stand out as much as Mane or Coutinho.

I also think Aguero is not the favorite when it comes to Pepe picking his team. He benched him a number of times last season for Jesus (before his injury).

Firminho is also less likely to stand out in my opinion based on his teammates.

My advice would be to forget about the extra games and try and reduce the need to use all your transfers in TW1 to grab some extra points. Pick most of your team to consist of players that you will be happy to keep for the longer term during the season.

When it comes to TW1 and you're not happy with say Firminho, Aguero, and your defence then you are limited in terms of transfers, especially if there's an injury which will use another transfer.!

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

bs3ac wrote:
team998 wrote:Pickford - Europe, solid value keeper
Evans, Nyom - Decent early fixtures
Man Utd players great fixtures
Liverpool players extra games early doors
If image is too small team is:
Pickford
Evans, Nyom, Valencia, Lindelof
Pogba, Coutinho, Salah
Lukaku, Firmino, Aguero
IMG_0218.PNG
use all your transfers in TW1

When it comes to TW1!
Where do people keep getting the idea about transfer windows?
There hasn't been any since season15/16.
Its 3 transfees per month now,so no TW 1,2,3 or 4 :?

bs3ac
Treebeard

Post by bs3ac »

Similar concept. You have two weeks before end of August. If you're going to change a player before the month end then there's not much point beginning with them imo. It would be too early to change a player based on performance. If you're tactically chasing good fixtures (for example the extra LC game) then you also have the risk of rotation and being stuck with them for a longer period than first envisioned.

If you use transfers early in the month (early Sept) then you risk being unable to change if a player has an injury.

It happened to many last season. People made three changes to try and transfer the player that was in form (Costa, Sanchez early on or Kane mid season or even Jesus towards season end) but rarely is it a 1-on-1 change as another player has to be sold and replaced with a cheaper alternative to include them (unless you're willing to get rid of a high priced player - that I would have expected you placed in the team in the first place because you expect them to give a good return over the season).

However when you get a surprise injury (like we saw with Jesus, Mane or Rose) then you are already losing one transfer and so are limited on your two others based on price fluctuations.

That is why I tend to save transfers towards month end. End of month = TW as your transfers get refreshed.

TW1 = End of August
TW2 = End of September
And so on.

In your team you have Evans, Nyom and Aguero. What will happen if during the first 2 weeks you find Aguero doesn't get as much game time as first thought or West Brom doesn't do as well as you expected during the 'easier' fixtures? You'd want to change them.

What happens if Jesus goes up in price as he is first pick and bags a couple of goals? You will then be in a position where Aguero may be worth less and West Brom are facing harder fixtures after TW1. Meanwhile other clubs in September have two extra games compared to Brom. Add an injury in the mix and then you're limited on the changes that you can make.

What I'm getting at is that you want a team that consists of 90% of players that you'd be happy with over a longer period and that are likely to get game time. Take a risk with 1 or 2 players at a max. That way you only need to make minor tweaks based on performance. Currently I would say Aguero, Evans, Salah, Firminho and Nyom are all higher risk players compared to other options that are out there.

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

Good advice guys. I was in the mindset that we have plenty transfers early doors and I normally plan month to month, sometimes looking into the next month. I take the point about players for the season. I suppose it's a gamble team trying to get off to a flyer with clean sheets. I'm sure I'll tinker lots before kick off anyway

ragamuffin
Treebeard
FS Record: good

Post by ragamuffin »

Probably the best bit of advice I have seen regarding Sun game. Thanks mate. Are you able to share that spreadsheet you have? Looks mightily helpful.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

ragamuffin wrote:Are you able to share that spreadsheet you have? Looks mightily helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=124542

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

ragamuffin wrote:Probably the best bit of advice I have seen regarding Sun game. Thanks mate. Are you able to share that spreadsheet you have? Looks mightily helpful.
the counter argument is if you sit there in your wellies waiting for a rainy day, you'll get blisters and never leave the house.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Granted, swapping players in August may well be too hasty, so thats why you perhaps can plan to chase the early fixtures.
By September you might see which bum or gamble you picked has backfired (whilst a surprise bargain has emerged).

In terms of missing funds etc.
a) i think we have confirmation that we'll only see £0.3m rises/falls per week max (so not as dramatic as last season)
b) there aren't any price rises for 3 weeks so no risk of Aguero/Jesus passing each other in terms of cost (not within the first month or two thats for sure).

ragamuffin
Treebeard
FS Record: good

Post by ragamuffin »

Zimmerman wrote:
ragamuffin wrote:Probably the best bit of advice I have seen regarding Sun game. Thanks mate. Are you able to share that spreadsheet you have? Looks mightily helpful.
the counter argument is if you sit there in your wellies waiting for a rainy day, you'll get blisters and never leave the house.

Granted, swapping players in August may well be too hasty, so thats why you perhaps can plan to chase the early fixtures.
By September you might see which bum or gamble you picked has backfired (whilst a surprise bargain has emerged).

a) i think we have confirmation that we'll only see £0.3m rises/falls per week max (so not as dramatic as last season)
b) there aren't any price rises for 3 weeks so no risk of Aguero/Jesus passing each other in terms of cost (not within the first month or two thats for sure).
Thanks Zimmerman have fired an email across to Simon. Again good advice. This is my first year playing the sun game seriously so good to see the different approaches. I mainly play official game and sky so will take a bit of getting used to. Is it difficult to navigate around cup games and Europe? The more I think about it the more I think this game will take up a lot of my time.

bs3ac
Treebeard

Post by bs3ac »

Zimmerman wrote:

There might not be prices rises in the first 3 weeks but there's always the gamblers motive and emotions at play.

If you had Aguero from the start and found he was a regular in the starting 11 but played on the left/right of Jesus (who Pepe seems to favor) then you will need funds available to bring in Kane or Sanchez as alternatives. You could do a straight swap for Jesus and save £2m but then what happens if Firminho doesn't perform? Jesus at £5m playing center forward would be better value than Aguero playing to the left/right of him. You may also start thinking to yourself (regarding Aguero) "this week can be the week that he gains points based on fixtures". Most people use all funds to try and squeeze the best players into their team; leaving zero funds for transfers.

OP already has Lukaku (£6m) he also has Firminho at at £5.5m he can either downgrade Firminho to Lacazzetta to free up 0.5m or he can sell Aguero (7m), keep Firminho (unless he wants to use up 2 transfers on forwards) and even if he wanted to bring in Sanchez (which he can just do £7.5) or Kane he will need to find funds. It will mean he will need to sell Aguero to free up funds to give him access to the usual big hitting forwards.

That also leaves one further change in August and that might either need to be used on an injury or to swap a player elsewhere (i.e. West Brom do not do as well as people expected on the early fixtures) meaning he may need to find further funds to find a decent defender.

I would agree you should take gambles but I would argue that you do not want to start switching your team drastically. To do so will uses vital transfers and you should also have 1 spare in case of injury (just like Jesus or Mane last season).

Most points last season was scored by forwards, then midfielders then Defenders.

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

I've taken your advice and came up with the following:

Pickford
Valencia Kompany Soares Trippier
Pogba Coutinho Loftus-Cheek
Kane Lukaku Lacazette

Should be easy to change this team apart from Loftus-Cheek. Better???

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

team998 wrote:I've taken your advice and came up with the following:

Pickford
Valencia Kompany Soares Trippier
Pogba Coutinho Loftus-Cheek
Kane Lukaku Lacazette

Should be easy to change this team apart from Loftus-Cheek. Better???
Good looking team. People obsessed with cheap defenders for enablers but think Loftus cheek is a cracker shout.if he gets the odd goal or assist it's a bonus

team998
Kevin and Perry

Any idea on final transfer?

Post by team998 »

Got 1 left this month. Took Kane out after September and can't afford to put him back in yet, oops

De gea 5.5
Valencia 5.8
Baines 1.8
Luiz 4.0
Kolasinac 5.0
Sane 5.3
Salah 5.8
Eriksen 6.2
Lukaku 7.6
Jesus 5.8
Morata 6.5

Budget 0.6

Would it be insanity to replace De Gea with Pickford now to release funds or Ederson?
No suitable replacement for Baines at that price. Maybe new manager will help

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Re: Any idea on final transfer?

Post by Nightowl »

team998 wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 10:23 Got 1 left this month. Took Kane out after September and can't afford to put him back in yet, oops

De gea 5.5
Valencia 5.8
Baines 1.8
Luiz 4.0
Kolasinac 5.0
Sane 5.3
Salah 5.8
Eriksen 6.2
Lukaku 7.6
Jesus 5.8
Morata 6.5

Budget 0.6

Would it be insanity to replace De Gea with Pickford now to release funds or Ederson?
No suitable replacement for Baines at that price. Maybe new manager will help
So you want to take an Everton defender out but put an Everton gk in ?

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

Yes, that's correct

Grab a load of cash by offloading de gea who as a keeper won't score silly points. Bring in a bargain quality keeper for 1.7m and upgrade baines with my first transfer next month, and have budget left over

Any better suggestions?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Well de Gea has two home games yet, so might as well let him play those before you ship him (pickfords price isn't going anywhere soon).

I'd still take de Gea (with Spurs on Saturday) than Pickford with Leicester and Lyon (both away).

So just make move on Tuesday.

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

I was getting confused by the transfer window. Can I let de gea play sat and tues then use my final transfer after he plays Benfica? Stupidly I thought I had to use it by tomoro night but I think the rules changed to the first Friday of the new month?

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Any unused transfers to be used before 07.00 am Fri 3rd Nov,you cant transfer De Gea out for another midweek player once he has played.Good Luck

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

But you can action the transfer, it just won't take effect.

i.e. Let him start/play the match on the 31st the pull the trigger. It will come out of your October allowance, but won't remove him from your team till Friday.

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

Change of plan. Keeping De Gea and Baines for now

Final transfer is Eriksen to either Hazard or Sterling

Sterling nice and cheap (more money in bank) and city score for fun but will be rotated
Hazard I can just afford, will play more games but less value than Sterling

I'm leaning towards Hazard. Any thoughts?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

team998 wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 19:07 Change of plan. Keeping De Gea and Baines for now

Final transfer is Eriksen to either Hazard or Sterling

Sterling nice and cheap (more money in bank) and city score for fun but will be rotated
Hazard I can just afford, will play more games but less value than Sterling

I'm leaning towards Hazard. Any thoughts?
Hazard for me. Got to have players that play.

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

Still leading mini-league despite no Kane. I do have 3.2m in the bank. I want to bring in Aguero before tonight's game as my first transfer this month. Un-decided between getting rid of Firmino or Lukaku. What you think?

De Gea 4.9

Alonso 5.9
Femenia 2.2
Cahill 4.0
Masuaku 3.7

Salah 8.8
Hazard 7.5
Sterling 7.6

Lukaku 5.8
Morata 4.9
Firmino 7.3

team998
Kevin and Perry

Post by team998 »

Transfer done. Based on the fact that Firmino starts tonight and Lukaku is benched it's bye bye Lukaku for now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”