To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Diary of a Dream Team Manager - 2016/17

A forum for comment and discussion on 'Sun DreamTeam' Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here
shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Re: Diary of a Dream Team Manager - 2016/17

Post by shakermeister »

Redrum2 wrote:
shakermeister wrote:I have Pogba also but will leave him for time being as will likely only miss 1 or 2 games .
Was wondering what your thoughts are on Ibra vs Lukaku ?
I have Sanchez , Aguero and Kane and obviously need to ditch Kane . Ibra has had a rest , plus Utd have a lot of fixtures , though he misses 1 more game while Lukaku is probably in the form of his life and hitting a real purple patch . A tough choice I think :roll:
I would go ibrahimovic. Everton may miss the attacking threat of Coleman which may impact the service that Lukaku is provided with and he has tough fixtures but with his form right now he may become fixture proof but I think the safe bet is to go with Zlatan.

Cheers mate . As the leader has Lukaku that differential will give me more of a chance in catching up the 50 odd points . Plus it means I can wait till next week to do the transfer as Utd don't play until midweek . You never know this late in the season what else will happen with injuries :roll:

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

RR i'm gonna put this short but sweet, that tactical piece is one of the best, if not the best article i've read this season mate, you summed it up to perfection. Good Luck for the last few months fella.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Typical ! I couldn't afford Toby . Put Walker in and he gets rested :oops:
On a different note it may appear Coutinho maybe coming back into form and offer a serious differential ? Will need to be monitored I think :D

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Wouldn't monitor for very long games running out and price more than likely to rise

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Yes you're right . just looking at the run in and Liverpool's games don't look too bad . if can re create his form prior to injury he may prove the defining choice for these last few games .

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

jonwebb76 wrote:RR i'm gonna put this short but sweet, that tactical piece is one of the best, if not the best article i've read this season mate, you summed it up to perfection. Good Luck for the last few months fella.
Thanks for your feedback. Always try to help the FISO community at this game. Good luck to you with your team as well.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Had a March transfer leftover so used it to bring in Alderweireld for the injured Phil Jones.

Transfer 24: Jones (4.0m) :arrow: Alderweireld (5.2m)

- Jones injured, likely to be long term
- Alderweireld is important player for a very solid defensive unit
- He is reasonable priced at 5.2m (funds available)
- No rotation risk, likely to play every game
- Dangerous at set pieces, scored 4 league goals last season, none so far yet maybe he is overdue.
- Assist potential - good at long range passes, two assists last season so if Spurs need to go direct, this is an option
- Spurs have got good fixtures till end of season and will play in the FA cup semi-final

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Game Week 30

De Gea 3.6m (-0.3) 5pts = Clean sheet. :D
Stones 4.3m (-0.1m) -1pts = City defence poor in league, easy goals conceded :cry:
Otamendi 5.7m (0.3m) -1pts = Same as Stones. :cry:
Jones 4.0m (-0.1m) :arrow: Alderweireld 5.2m 8pts = Clean sheet. :D
Bailly 4.8m (0.0m) 8pts = Clean sheet. :D
Eriksen 7.8m (0.4m) 3pts = Decent performance with plenty of shots towards goal.
Pogba 5.9m (-0.3m) :arrow: Mahrez 4.3m 3pts= Four shots on target but no goals.
Hazard 8.1m (0.0m) 5pts = Provides assist maybe still recovering from injury.
Ibrahimovic 9.3m (0.0m) 0pts = Missed league game due to suspension. :(
Sanchez 9.2m (-0.1m) 3pts = A bit subdued in the league game. Need to see more attacking threat.
Aguero 8.5m (0.0m) 13pts =Goal in league ⚽️ Star Man ⭐️

Team value: 73.3m
Goals: 1/100
Star Man: 1/46

Milestone: Team scored 100 goals this season

Summary: Had a transfer left over from March so used to bring in Alderweireld for Jones. A decent game week score of 46 for the team. The positives are that there were clean sheets for De Gea, Bailly and the new recruit Alderweireld plus an assist from Hazard and goal from Aguero. Really a gameweek where the big names were pretty quiet and differentials like Coutinho did well. Aguero Star Man was nice, I was very impressed with City's attacking performance but yet again their defence let them down. I have two of their defenders in my team and I am looking to shift one for either a Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham defender. I will then one transfer left remaining for April but I am more than happy with my team so may save it for an injury.
Last edited by Redrum2 on 11 Apr 2017, 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Transfer 25: Pogba (5.9) :arrow: Mahrez (4.3m)

* Decent price at 4.3m, price likely to increase with improved form
* In form since Ranieri left: so in four games (prior to Stoke game) he has two goals, two star man and an assist with three ratings.
* Has goal threat - takes long shots and could be on penalties
* Has assist potential - has shown good link up with Vardy (particularly last season), good at through balls and key passes, takes set pieces
* Star Man - one of Leicester city's best players.
* Seems to be a good differential.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

I like this thinking mate . I was also looking at Sanches out for Vardy . With Sanches suffering due to problems at Arsenal I'm wondering if his output will improve at all over the next month . With extra Euro games and hitting form , coupled with the likes of Mahrez playing well it maybe another differential ?

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

A fit again Kane gives us something else to worry about :roll:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

shakermeister wrote:A fit again Kane gives us something else to worry about :roll:
I'm not too worried about it as I can't simply afford him for this thread team. I didn't expect him to be back so soon, got a transfer left but only 1.4m in the bank. Me would be an awesome differential as everyone got rid of him in my mini league. Might not be able to get him in May as may be over 12m barrier.

Was hoping in another team to do Vardy :arrow: Kane but was annoyingly 0.1m short.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Transfer 26: Stones (3.9) :arrow: Rojo (5.0m)

* Man Utd have more solid defence than Man City.
* No rotation issues. Smalling and Jones are long term injuries so Rojo with Bailly should play every game.
* Decent form with two clean sheets in the last 5 games with three ratings gained.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Game Week 31

De Gea 3.4m (-0.2) 0pts = conceded in league game and did not play in the other game. :(
Stones 3.9m (-0.4m) :arrow: Rojo 5.0m 8pts = played in both league games, clean sheet in one :D
Otamendi 5.5m (-0.2m) 0pts = Concerned that he did not feature in two games this week. :( :(
Alderweireld 5.3m (0.1m) 8pts = Like the Spurs defence. Clean sheet. :D
Bailly 5.0m (0.2m) 11pts = Been impressed with his game. Good defender. Clean sheet. :D
Eriksen 7.8m (0.0m) 18pts = Goal ⚽️ Star Man ⭐️ Assist in other league game. Top player.
Mahrez 4.8m (0.5m) 3pts= Expected more but plenty of games to go for him to impress.
Hazard 8.1m (0.0m) 28pts = Goal ⚽️ Penalty miss :evil: Goal from rebound ⚽️ Star Man ⭐️ Goal ⚽️ Star Man ⭐️
Ibrahimovic 9.3m (0.0m) 20pts = Last minute penalty scored ⚽️ Goal and assist on weekend ⚽️ Star Man ⭐️
Sanchez 9.1m (-0.1m) 0pts = Concerned about his recent performances. Still need to see more attacking threat.
Aguero 8.8m (0.3m) 16pts =Goal in midweek ⚽️ Goal in weekend ⚽️ Consistent but not his usual explosive self.

Team value: 73.5m
Goals: 8/108
Star Man: 4/50

Milestone: Breaking 100 point barrier for the week

Summary: My second highest scoring week of the season. Always happy to get a century onboard but I would expect myself to get 100 points over two sets of Premier league fixtures. Nice to see Hazard and Eriksen pick up some big hauls. Really happy that I picked those two and have kept them in my team for a long period of time. However I have struggled with my third midfielder slot this season - KDB, Townsend, Pogba have failed to make a lasting impression so I do need to improve my player selection process in the future. Still have 1 transfer remaining and presently looking at a defender or a striker as Otamendi (selection issues) and Sanchez (poor form) concern me but I going to decide after the FA semi final games to set up myself up for the last month of the season.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Great summary as usual bud,i'm top in my mini lge....but if you were in it you'd be right up my arse ....ooer missus :shock:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Game Week 32

De Gea 3.2m (-0.2m) 0pts = did not play in the Europa game. :( Clean sheet in league :D
Rojo 5.1m (0.1m) 7pts = played in both games, clean sheet in one :D Booked.
Otamendi 5.5m (0.0m) 8pts = Returns to defence and brings in clean sheet. :D
Alderweireld 5.4m (0.1m) 5pts = Like the Spurs defence. Clean sheet. :D
Bailly 5.3m (0.3m) 8pts = Clean sheet. :D
Eriksen 8.0m (0.2m) 5pts = Assist.
Mahrez 4.7m (0.1m) 5pts= Assist.
Hazard 8.7m (0.6m) 0pts = Tough game at OT. Expect better.
Ibrahimovic 9.5m (0.2m) 2pts = Tired after Europa game. Booked in league.
Sanchez 8.7m (-0.4m) 0pts = Still concerned about his recent performances. Worryingly signs.
Aguero 9.0m (0.2m) 8pts = Goal ⚽️

Team value: 74.5m
Goals: 1/109
Star Man: 0/50

Summary: So much football on TV right now, find it hard to keep this diary up. Watched the Spurs-Bournemouth game, then Southampton-Man City, WBA-Liverpool (had a nap so missed the first half) and finally Utd-Chelsea on the weekend. Then this week I watched Boro-Arsenal, A.Madrid-Leicester and then extra time of R.Madrid-Bayern Munich game. You can never have too much football but on Wednesday I was happy to settle with two minute highlights of the other two champions league quarter finals. Good job I don't play Euro Dream Team, hard enough with the main game plus I would have to quit my full time job considering the hours I spend research about teams and players.

Back to game week 32, my team only scored one goal (the reliable Aguero once again) but still finished with a respectable 53 points in the end thanks largely to the defence. In other news, former star player Kane is now 12.2m and with his price increasing every week, it would be difficult to bring him back. I got one transfer left so I plan to wait to see who reaches the FA cup final. But hold on. Got news from Old Trafford that my two players Rojo and Ibrahimovic seemed to have picked serious looking injuries so may need replacing. Hmmm. Back to the drawing board....
Last edited by Redrum2 on 24 Apr 2017, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Superb read as always RR. What's your plans then? Did you see my Sterling :arrow: Rashford move on my RMT that i bottled out of, gutted :cry:

Who will you do for Ibra now, Kane is deffo out of the picture for everyone, I'm tempted to do Rashford and then use money to upgrade on Sterling and maybe Stones and the injured Rojo. I fancy having a bit of Toby like you in defence, especially if they get to the facup final.

Good Luck this weekend fella

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Game Week 33

De Gea 3.3m (0.1m) 5pts = did not play in the Europa game. Clean sheet in league. :D
Rojo 5.2m (0.1m) 0pts = injured in Europa game, missed league game. :(
Otamendi 5.6m (0.1m) -2pts = Commits a lot of fouls. Booked. :cry:
Alderweireld 5.5m (0.1m) -4pts = Leaky Spurs defence. Booked.
Bailly 5.5m (0.2m) 8pts = played in Europa. Clean sheet in league. :D
Eriksen 8.1m (0.1m) 12pts = Two assists. Great player. Star Man. ⭐️
Mahrez 4.6m (0.1m) 3pts= Had a good game in Champions league.
Hazard 8.8m (0.1m) 10pts = changed the game as sub. Goal ⚽️
Ibrahimovic 9.2m (0.3m) 0pts = Same as Rojo. :( Needs replacing.
Sanchez 8.2m (-0.5m) 15pts = Great free kick in league ⚽️ Winner in FA cup ⚽️ Booked. Still not impressed with recent performances.
Aguero 9.3m (0.3m) 8pts = Goal in FA cup semi final ⚽️

Team value: 74.7m
Goals: 3/112
Star Man: 1/51

Summary: Well now my plans are up in the air. This last weekend for fantasy football purposes I preferred a TOT-MCI final as I have already got Toby, Otamendi, Eriksen and Aguero. Now with the CHE-ARS final, I only have two players for the cup final in Hazard and Sanchez. Also have to deal with injuries regarding Rojo and Ibrahimovic. Four transfers left till the end of the season and got to make each one count in order the end the season on a high note. Is Kane out of the picture ? Not really for me, in fact he is my number one pick. Even though Spurs are out of the FA cup and Kane is currently priced at 12.1m (possibly all-time high of 12.6m by 1st May depending on this week's performances) I want him back in my team. With only 1.4m in the bank, it is not going to be a easy transfer to make, certainly it can't be done this week. At the same time, I don't want to weaken the rest of my team in order to bring in one player. I will have to look at the prices and see if I can find a bargain.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Best thread of the season again Red, well done and good luck for the rest of the season :)

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Think Hazzard is a must have from now on in . I will draft him in for Ibra tonight playing 4 4 2 for remainder of month . Not tempted by Rashford for now ...

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

shakermeister wrote:Think Hazzard is a must have from now on in . I will draft him in for Ibra tonight playing 4 4 2 for remainder of month . Not tempted by Rashford for now ...
Today on another thread I was reading that a popular transfer was Sterling for Hazard, I remember this was also was popular in my mini league in the month of March. In March Man City had 6 games and Chelsea had 3 so can understand the reasoning behind the transfer decision. It was also a transfer I also considered myself but talked myself out of it once I wrote this piece:

March Transfer Poll thread - Posted 28 Feb 2017, 18:36

'I got Sterling high on my shortlist but reluctant to get rid of Hazard as I still want to retain a Chelsea attacking threat in my side, I want Hazard for Chelsea's April games so thinking is it worth transferring him out and in again? Pedro and Costa difficult to fit in as already getting the trio of Aguero, Ibrah and Kane so no space there. Willian seems to only play only in cup games and Fabregas is in and out of the team depending on the difficulty of the opposition so that leaves Hazard as good Chelsea asset along with their defenders (I haven't got any of those).'

Looking back this short piece proved to be quite useful and I like to post it here so I can reflect back on in the future. I am trying to integrate some of my other (good) posts from the other threads to here as it is nice to have my thoughts in one place.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Transfer 27: Ibrahimovic (8.7) :arrow: Ozil (5.8)

Zlatan out as will miss the rest of the season. It's not upset my plans too much as I planned to remove him in May as read he was tired and maybe was feeling the effects of a really long season plus Utd games are getting more difficult. Rojo's injury upset me more as I consider Utd's defence is to be better than their attack. Hard to replace Zlatan: not many great strikers around. Only best replacement I could think of was Kane so I said earlier in the week I planned to bring him in but I had a change of heart. Kane is very expensive and to bring him in my side I would have to bring in two cheaper players to fund it which I was not 100% committed in doing. Plus the fact I like to discuss different players on this thread (i.e Townsend, Mahrez) and so it can be a bit boring to mention the same players again and again even though I am trying to finish the season with as many points as I can. So I looked at a change in formation and saw they were plenty of options there. An hour before Wednesday's games kicked off, I decided to bring in Arsenal's Mesut Ozil. It was kinda of a last minute decision as I usually spend days on deciding my transfers but I had a quick glance at Arsenal's fixtures particularly their number of games to play in May including the last game of the season - the FA cup final and that lured me in. I assessed the positives of bringing in Ozil - more games, Arsenal playing for fourth place so will play every game as he and Sanchez are Arsenal's only world class players, recent form has been good, teams above Arsenal have a superior goal difference so they need plenty of goals - an area where Ozil can help out particularly with assists. Ozil is having his best season in front of goal - 25% of shot to goal conversion. The negatives are his contract situation may be unsettling him and Arsenal's poor run of form recently. I am hoping that the huge win in the FA cup semi final will inspire them for the rest of the campaign.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Redrum2 wrote:Transfer 27: Ibrahimovic (8.7) :arrow: Ozil (5.8)

I decided to bring in Arsenal's Mesut Ozil. It was kinda of a last minute decision as I usually spend days on deciding my transfers.
Ozil seems a reasonable selection, but if you're anything like me you often find players just before a game to be a bit more attractive than they were two days earlier. There is a shedload of academic work in both behavioural economics and in social studies based on the idea that most people tend to over-value immediate benefits relative to longer term gains. I think that many of us fall into this trap when making some of our fantasy transfers. Anyone need a subject for a PhD thesis? :wink:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Sun Dream Team April Highest Point Scorers

These are the points attained in the month of April (cut off of 20 points required to make this list otherwise this is very long)

KEEPERS

31 Iloris - highest scoring goalkeeper in the game (132 pts) and most expensive (4.7m)
28 Fabianski - his improved performances could save Swansea
23 De Gea
23 Forster
23 Schmeichel
20 Gomes

DEFENDERS

43 Bailly
43 Davies
40 Jagielka
37 Vertonghen - Highest point scoring defender in the game (169 pts)
30 Alderweireld
29 Fuchs
28 Collins
28 Darmian
28 Trippier
27 Yoshida
26 Cook
25 Huth
25 Ranocchia
25 Masuaku
24 Blind - most expensive defender in the game at 6.7m
24 Lowton
24 Bertrand
23 Holebas
23 Cahill - the only Chelsea defender on this list
22 Rojo
22 Simpson
21 Gibson
20 Daniels
20 Keane
20 Benalouane

MIDFIELDERS

54 Eriksen - Highest scoring midfielder in the game (239 pts)
53 Hazard - Most expensive midfielder in the game at 8.9m
49 Coutinho
38 Alli
32 De Bruyne
32 Dier
31 Ozil
30 Ndidi
30 Herrera
28 Mkhitaryan
26 Maguire
24 Cabaye
23 Zaha
23 Townsend
21 Lanzini
21 Kouyate
21 Pugh
21 Sigurdsson

STRIKERS

58 Aguero - now got Jesus for competition
48 Benteke
45 Vardy
44 Son
37 Kane - at 11.9m is the most expensive player in the game
37 King - seen the biggest jump in Season Price Change (5.1m)
36 Rashford
33 Firmino
26 Negredo
22 Ibrahimovic - Ruled out for the season
21 Lukaku
20 Niang
20 Sanchez - just about made it

Top 10

58 Aguero
54 Eriksen
53 Hazard
49 Coutinho
48 Benteke
45 Vardy
44 Son
43 Bailly
43 Davies
40 Jagielka

On a side note - out of the top 10 I had Aguero, Eriksen, Hazard and Bailly in my thread team for the whole of April

Good luck for May everyone

Sun Dream Team May Highest Point Scorers

With the season over, got bored so did this out of interest, with May being a short month the cut-off is 15 points to make the list (10 points for goalkeepers)

GOALKEEPERS

27 Cech ARS
24 Mignolet LIV
19 Cabellero MCI
15 Forester SOU
13 Fabinski SWA
12 Courtois CHE
10 Butland STO
10 Pickford SUN

DEFENDERS

33 Apzilicueta CHE
31 Bellerin ARS
29 Naughton SWA
29 Monreal ARS
27 Kompany MCI
27 Otamendi MCI
26 Alonso CHE
24 Smalling MUN
21 Gibbs ARS
21 Holding ARS
21 Lovren LIV
20 Darmian MUN
18 Clyne LIV
18 Davies TOT
18 Luiz CHE
17 Mustafi ARS
16 Bailly MUN
16 Clichy MCI
16 Jones MUN
16 Mawson SWA
16 Olsson SWA
15 Cahill CHE
15 Fernandez SWA

MIDFIELDERS

39 De Bruyne MCI
36 Ramsey ARS
33 Coutinho LIV
32 Ozil ARS
28 Pogba MUN
25 Wanyama TOT
24 Felliani MUN
24 Stanislas BOU
23 Willian CHE
22 Hazard CHE
22 Toure MCI
21 Fabregas CHE
21 Silva MCI
20 Wijnaldum LIV
17 Sane MCI
16 Can LIV
16 Xhaka ARS
15 Alli TOT

STRIKERS

71 Kane TOT
57 Sanchez ARS
33 Jesus MCI
26 Batshuayi CHE
26 Ilorente SWA
25 Giroud ARS
24 Aguero MCI
23 Son TOT
23 Wellbeck ARS
17 Ayew WHU
17 Costa CHE
16 Benteke CRY
16 Pedro CHE
Last edited by Redrum2 on 29 May 2017, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Game Week 34

De Gea 3.5m (0.2m) 8pts = Clean sheet in league. :D Good game. Beaten by free kick in other game.
Rojo 5.1m (-0.1m) 0pts = injured, missed three games now.
Otamendi 5.4m (-0.2m) 6pts = Clean sheet :D poor in other game.
Alderweireld 5.2m (-0.3m) 13pts = Two clean sheets. :D :D
Bailly 5.6m (0.1m) 8pts = Clean sheet in league. :D suffers injury in other game.
Eriksen 8.4m (0.3m) 16pts = Long range goal ⚽️ Star Man. ⭐️
Mahrez 4.5m (-0.1m) 0pts= two matches but didn't deliver.
Hazard 9.1m (0.3m) 10pts = Goal ⚽️ Decent in other game. Booked.
Ibrahimovic 8.7m (-0.5m) :arrow: Ozil 5.8m 0pts = Arsenal poor, Ozil poor. Hope it gets better.
Sanchez 8.0m (-0.2m) 2pts = Still awful. Booked.
Aguero 9.5m (0.2m) 13pts = Penalty...Goal ⚽️ Suffers injury.

Goals: 3/115
Star Man: 1/52

Summary: Injuries and poor form (especially from Arsenal) taking its toll on the team. Once again the performances of Hazard and Eriksen have saved my game week from being a total disaster. Eriksen has been vital for my team and one of my great signings made early in the season. One of the top midfielders in the game and top of the Sun's midfield chart.
Last edited by Redrum2 on 10 May 2017, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Transfer 28: Aguero 9.6 :arrow: Jesus 5.1

Aguero injury, City got great run of fixtures ahead so need attacking threat from them in my team. Here's a piece I wrote back in February in my notebook on why I selected Jesus before in my team but did not post as he got injured straight away but some of my reasoning I feel still applies now:

I feel Jesus is an obvious transfer to make as he will go up in price, I think he will play in the champions league games and even if he is a sub he will come on and have an effect on the game. I think Jesus is a player that pep can mould into his style of play, I have read that he provides assists (a quality I believe Pep likes but only seen Aguero provide few assists in his Man City career). Pep has asked Aguero to do a lot more than under Pellergini (who basically loved his teams to score a lot of goals and so gave KDB full rein last season as AMC/striker whereas unlike under Pep KDB is CM where his assist making potential has been more useful) Aguero has to press and stop attacks, aspects he is not comfortable I believe which has added to his frustration thus leading to yellow cards and bans. In fact, the worries I have with Aguero are injuries along with his role in this city side. Is he still a key player? It could go pear shaped with Jesus but I don't want to have the feeling in March when I bring in Jesus for over 5m after everyone else. Plus Jesus is no rookie he has international pedigree with Brazil (6 caps, 4 goals).

Once I saw Palace's makeshift defence on Saturday morning with Ward, Kelly, Schlupp and Van Aanholt I just thought City could score goals in this game and that it would be very difficult to overlook any city attacker. Take your pick of Jesus, De Bruyne, Sane. Silva and Sterling.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Game Week 35

De Gea 3.6m (0.1m) -1pts = Just can't get clean sheets now :cry:
Rojo 5.1m 0pts = injured, missed five games now. :(
Otamendi 5.1m (-0.3m) 13pts = Clean sheet :D Goal ⚽️
Alderweireld 5.3m (0.1m) 0pts = West Ham end title hopes.
Bailly 5.6m 8pts = Clean sheet in Europa league. :D rested for league game.
Eriksen 8.7m (0.3m) 0pts = not his best game at London Stadium.
Mahrez 4.2m (-0.3m) 8pts = Goal ⚽️ One of his best performances.
Hazard 8.9m (-0.2m) = Chelsea don't play this game week.
Ozil 5.4m (-0.4) 3pts = plays better than in recent games. Good win.
Sanchez 7.6m (-0.4m) 0pts = Another poor game. Need him back.
Aguero 9.6m (0.1m) :arrow: Jesus 5.1m 5pts = city score 5 goals but only assist from Jesus.

Goals: 2/117
Star Man: 0/52

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Transfer 29: Mahrez (4.2) :arrow: Costa (5.0)

Change midfielder for a striker, I always like to play 4-3-3. Chelsea need to win a few games for the title and have extra games ahead including the FA cup final. Fancy Costa to score against Middlesbrough and seeing that Fabregas is in the starting line up, there are good odds of it happening as Fabregas has very good assist potential. Costa also gets a few assists himself. Now have Hazard and Costa, Ozil and Sanchez for the FA cup final so attacking assets from both sides are more or less covered.
Last edited by Redrum2 on 16 May 2017, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Transfer 30: Rojo (5.1) :arrow: Alonso (5.4)

Usually save a transfer for the end of the month in case of injuries but I felt with Rojo being out for the season it was time to replace him plus I don't like to play with 10 players. I didn't fancy another Utd defender due to their constant rotation and their upcoming league fixtures are not great. So once again my attention averted to Arsenal and Chelsea due to their extra league games and that FA cup final. Koscienly would be my choice of Arsenal defender but is quite injury prone and Arsenal's form is not great. So look at Chelsea's defence. Cahill stands out with goals in successive games but I feel I missed the boat on this one. I decide to go for Alonso. Any defender playing in midfield and getting in attacking positions is really a must have. Because of this, he has good goal and assist potential. Another factor influencing my selection is that Alonso takes free kicks. He recently scored a brilliant free kick against Bournemouth and hit the ball with such accuracy and power that the keeper had no chance. I think he is better than Luiz at them and hopefully will take more free kicks in the future.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Sorry folks, bit behind on this thread. Will finish it off this week.

Game Week 36

De Gea 3.6m (0.0m) -1pts = Still can't get clean sheets now :cry:
Rojo 5.1 :arrow: Alonso 5.4 21pts = Great introduction. Goal ⚽️ Clean sheet :D Clean sheet :D
Otamendi 5.4m (0.3m) 3pts = Always seems to get rated.
Alderweireld 5.2m (-0.1m) 0pts = Rooney ruins clean sheet hopes.
Bailly 5.8m (0.2) -5pts = Total disaster. Red card in Europa :evil: Booked in league. :cry:
Eriksen 8.5m (-0.2m) 5pts = Signs off WHL with the usual assist.
Hazard 8.9m 3pts = Slight dip in form now. Looking forward to cup final.
Ozil 5.1m (-0.3) 12pts = Assist. Booked. Goal in other league game. ⚽️
Mahrez 4.2 :arrow: Costa 5m 8pts = Enters team with a goal ⚽️
Sanchez 7.1m (-0.5m) 28pts = Brilliant goal ⚽️ Star Man ⭐️ Goal ⚽️ Assist. Star Man. ⭐️
Jesus 5.3m (0.2m) 8pts = Penalty scored. ⚽️

Goals: 6/123
Star Man: 2/54

Summary: I beat my last season's total points tally of 2080 so upwards and onwards from now on.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”