To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Euro 08 Mini League

A forum for discussion and comment on ESPN Soccernet's Fantasy Soccer games
scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Euro 08 Mini League

Post by scopsm »

I have set up a FISO Mini League, details below:
League Name: FISO EURO
Password: f1so

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Re: Euro 08 Mini League

Post by scopsm »

scopsm wrote:I have set up a FISO Mini League, details below:
League Name: FISO EURO
Password: f1so
2 in the Mini League including myself at the moment.
Surely there must be some more FISO'ers brave enough to accept the challenge? :shock:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I've joined the m/l to keep you company,and renew old acquaintances from last season's EPL,so that's 3 of us now.

To be honest though,I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with events, especially as the site rarely lets me complete a task before crashing !

It drives me nuts.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

I did try to enter a team on this earlier but I couldn't get to grips with the interface and b/c I'm already in a few other games I decided I couldn't devote enough time to this one.

As there's a FISO league I've tried a "Greek gambit" and stuck a buy and hold team in there.

Here goes nothing :)

(no prize details released yet I see - any idea what they'll be?)

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by scopsm »

Thanks for joining, guys.

The interface does take a bit of getting used to.

I find usually I need to logout and login again to double-check that it has saved my substitutions. Apart from this issue, it works OK for me apart from a couple of times when they had general site problems.

It depends to a great extent on flash so as long as that is installed, I haven't experienced any crashes as such.

Paul

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I think the Flash problem lies with the latest version,not the previous one.

I recall someone asking last season how to change back to the previous version for this reason,and having done so,he found it worked fine then.

However,I couldn't find that post when I searched last season,and my attempts to uninstall the latest version and install the earlier one all failed.

So,I learned to live with the necessity of often having to log out and login again as you described Paul. I couldn't always be sure that my subs had been effected otherwise.

I didn't bother entering transfers in advance,as then you can only change those for the latest week,if I recall correctly.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Got a team but not sure how this game works.................are you able to change your team daily (eg transfer all your players or substitute them) or is the team set untill one set of fixtures ??
If you can alter your team daily surely its best to start with a German/Portugal semi block ??

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by scopsm »

SUZYKINS wrote:Got a team but not sure how this game works.................are you able to change your team daily (eg transfer all your players or substitute them) or is the team set untill one set of fixtures ??
If you can alter your team daily surely its best to start with a German/Portugal semi block ??
There is the facility to set up your changes in advance although I never use that.
Each day there are matches, you need to set up your team 15 minutes before the earliest kick-off (I haven't read the rules yet for the Euro comp but I would imagine they are the same as the Premier comp).

Also, you have a limited number of transfers across the whole comp.
When you are in your team screen, click on Rules and it tells you everything you need to know. :wink:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Can you check the mini league details.
Get this "That Mini League is not recognised - please check your invite email and try again "

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

SUZYKINS wrote:Can you check the mini league details.
Get this "That Mini League is not recognised - please check your invite email and try again "
It worked for me - I take it you noticed the "1" in FISO?

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

I'm in now.

Numbers increasing

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

I am in

Graham M - Chat's Noir

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Re: Euro 08 Mini League

Post by Chuck Taylor »

I have joined, thought id help out the mini league, RC MILAN

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Soccernet/ESPN Fantasy Soccer”