To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer Thoughts

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
The Woolster
Grumpy Ball of Wool
Location: EECCC Division 3 Champion 08/09. EECCC Treble winner 2006/07
FS Record: 10th Daily Star 10/11. 11th Daily Mail 08/09. 19th Daily Star 11/12. 24th TFFE 05/06. 37th TFF 05/06. 52nd CYKI 08/09.

Transfer Thoughts

Post by The Woolster »

Have one of those transfer choices that could decide how the rest of my season turns out, but is not an easy one to make so thought I would sound them out here and hopefully get a bit of action going on the CYKI forum as it is pretty dead in here.

Current Squad

Sorenson
Wilkinson
Turner
Evra
Cole
Gerrard
Lampard
Kuyt
Hunt
Defoe
Bent
Keogh

Am relatively happy with the squad, and currently in 473rd, which is ok, not great, but still within touching distance of the leaders.

Now that Wilkinson may have lost his place, I am looking to ship him out.

Option 1 - Keep team structure as it is

This option would be to simply swap Wilkinson for another 5.0m defender (probably from Burnly), I would also think about changing Hunt to Elliot to free up some funds in case Keogh is dropped now that SEB is coming back to fitness, but could leave that until we actually see what happens on the Wolves striker front. Might also swap Turner for A Faye

Option 2 - Drop Gerrard

This option would see me change the team structure, and it could be difficult to get Gerrard back in the future depending on how price changes go. This would see me change Gerrard for Milner, which would free up the funds for Wilkinson to Johnson, and then the following game week I would have enough for Hunt to Lennon. This would give me 3 big 4 players at the back, a solid midfield 4, and would mean that I would only need to choose 1 from 2 weaker players each week.

The advantage of Option 2 is that I would have a more balanced team, and would only ever have 1 weak player in my team each week, where as for option 1 I have to choose from 3 out of 4 weaker players. Of course I would miss out on Gerrard's points though, particularly as they would be doubled probably about half of the time as captain. Also, I think it is likely that those at the top probably don't have a Gerrard Lampard combo, and so it could be how I make the ground up, as option 2 may be more similar to teams higher up.

I have exactly the right amount for option 2, so would probably need to do it today incase there is any price rise of the players I want (don't know what the NTI threshold is in this game).

:D

Getting dejavu again :wink:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Re: Transfer Thoughts

Post by Jonathan »

We do need to try and get the CMYK forums going. Agreed there!

Option 2 does seem better than option 1. However, my extra thoughts.

Although some weeks it could work, you may be missing out on points having both Gerrard and Kuyt. Having said that, I am keeping a good watch on Lampard because, withe absence of bonus points in this game, we need him scoring and assisting and he is looking only average so far. I don't believe that Milner will be a reliable constant source of points.

Defence wise Villa defenders look great value at the moment, and I recently took out Evra for Dunne because Evra's return is not good enough for his price.

Does that help? :-)

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Re: Transfer Thoughts

Post by AkNotSpur »

I'm currently in 274th - by best ever in this excellent game - mainly thanks to Vermaelen's amazing return last week.

My team is

Foster

Vermaelen
Baines
Insua
Shawcross

Lampard
Milner
Kuyt
Fellaini (just swapped in for Taylor of Bolton as Pompey away looks promising)

Defoe
Bent
Bendtner (just swapped in for Kevin Davies as I fancy him to get a goal, or two, at Fulham)

Decided to captain Kuyt, as Liverpool could crush Hull, and bench Shawcross as United are visiting. Longer term strategy is to trade in Foster for Hart or Sorenson, when VDS returns, and Insua for a more regular B4 defender if he is rotated when Aurelio returns. Other than that, it's just a case of rotation to take into account juicy-looking fixtures.

Apart from being part of a winning FISO monthly team, in May last year, I've been pretty hopeless at this game - but still rate it as the best of the 5 FF games that I play. If only the other competitions had Web Sites as good as this one - not to mention the almost instantaneous updates. 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”