To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Too little too late

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
padmole
Dumbledore
FS Record: Various bits on footy / cricket and golf

Too little too late

Post by padmole »

I signed up for this at the start of the season amongst 13 other games and consequently didnt follow to start off with - just random transfers .
As everything else died out around Jan (ie only 500th in Telegraph etc and no chance in any other games) I read a bit more on this one. It is really good and nice to see FISOers well up there. I have been gradually climbing from 70th in Fiso league to current 32 and last month was in 10th for the mth going into the Sunday game where I had Torres captain and Beautifully Gerard bagged a hattrick and my chance of a prize was gone!
Doing ok this mth if not pulling up trees.....just wondering - is this game likely to survive til next year as I will be following it closely if so and want to try and take on the might that is "Sexual Ealing!" ;0)

Good luck in the run in guys - hope all in contention can keep it going. 35 points this week for me so no cigar unless Crouch hattrick at Utd ;0)

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: Too little too late

Post by DrBunker »

I don't see why it won't survive as it's been around for a while. I guess it's free to play and has prizes so they may crumble.

Personally I hope it carries on as this may be the game I am most interested in next season, alongside FPL. Like you I played way too many games at the start of the season and lost focus on this one. I'm not as high as I'd like to be in this game but it's still more enjoyable, if less widely followed, than things like the Telegraph one.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

I too hope it carries on next year... CYKI has fast become my fave FF game - mainly because I've won £150 worth of prizes over the last 2 seasons for zero outlay :wink:

I've preferred it over FPL for quite a while now - It's simpler and less time consuming to play plus they don't give out debatable bonus points each week.

One of the best games on the market imho.

padmole
Dumbledore

Post by padmole »

Just hope it stays and I can be lucky enough to get a prize - never had one for a fantasy footy game in all my years because always done transfers at 11pm on a Friday. (ie drunk!).

Got a mate playing and he was giving me grief for he was in 800 th and I was 1500th 8 weeks ago.

Still got aspirations of making Fiso top 20 come season end (20-30 points to make up). Sadly not going to make up 120 in what is left to go to get into a Fiso Top 5 position (I dream on!)

Going to only do 3 properly next year and this will be one of them so I can aspire for a first prize

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Sexual Ealing,too,was neutered by the Gerrard hattrick.Not a Gaye day.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

padmole wrote:Going to only do 3 properly next year and this will be one of them so I can aspire for a first prize
I wondered if you, like me, said exactly this at the beginning of the current season too :lol: I promised myself that I'd stick to only the games I liked (CYKI, FPL, Fantasy Stakes and the FA Cup/Champions League versions of FPL) as I'd never won a prize and wasn't likely too but I ended up sticking a team into any and every game I could lay my hands on! Never again though :x

padmole
Dumbledore

Post by padmole »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes - but next year I will get a lever arch folder to place copies of my teams in. Now that will be moving with the times! ;0)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”