To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Cup begins

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
Not So Special One
Treebeard

Fantasy Cup begins

Post by Not So Special One »

Just noticed that CYKI's Fantasy Cup side game begins this gameweek. All who were 32,768th or higher, the top 70% or so, after Tuesday's fixtures are in.

My first opponent hasn't made any transfers all season, and has Dean Ashton in his starting 11. Yet he's accumulated 843 points over the season, putting him in the top 1/3 of the league, and last week he got 36 points, not far below the league average of 40. How? By having Torres, Ronaldo, and Ireland in his side, with Torres as captain. Unless he's running some kind of experiment, it makes you wonder why he bothered to enter at all. But watch him beat me nonetheless - I've already been kicked out of 2 fantasy league cup competitions by teams with far fewer points than mine, which just goes to show.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: Fantasy Cup begins

Post by RomynPG »

Good spot :)

See if I can manage not to get knocked out in the first round of this one ... my campaign in FPL lasted just one week :(

If current ranking is any guide I should make it, 107 vs 9186, but it's a Cup comp so no doubt it won't all go according to plan.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

My opponent last made transfers for GW22 and left the captaincy on Defoe :D

However, I have Delap :(

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

'Not so Special one' wrote:
Just noticed that CYKI's Fantasy Cup side game begins this gameweek. All who were 32,768th or higher, the top 70% or so, after Tuesday's fixtures are in.

My first opponent hasn't made any transfers all season, and has Dean Ashton in his starting 11. Yet he's accumulated 843 points over the season, putting him in the top 1/3 of the league, and last week he got 36 points, not far below the league average of 40. How? By having Torres, Ronaldo, and Ireland in his side, with Torres as captain. Unless he's running some kind of experiment, it makes you wonder why he bothered to enter at all. But watch him beat me nonetheless - I've already been kicked out of 2 fantasy league cup competitions by teams with far fewer points than mine, which just goes to show.

My young nephew picked his team for CYKI for the first time this season :) ...
...then promptly had better things to do or couldn't be bothered and hasn't made a transfer :evil: !
But he has 946 points and no Ronaldo in the team, so I dread to think how he'd have done if he'd put in the effort.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

I didn't realise the Fantasy Cup had started! However I did make it safely through to the second round 51-32. Things are looking good for the next round too, as my opponent only has 2 doublers and also has defoe!! Also I won my first every prize from fantasy football!!!! :shock: I managed to place in the top 20 for January and narrowly missed out on a beat league prize too, I topped a league that was 2nd overall for January!! I just need to try and cure my transfer addiction now!!!! :roll:

Not So Special One
Treebeard

Well, I'm out. What can I say? My do-nothing opponent's captain was Torres = 20 points. With Lampard as my captain, and Mike Riley sending him off for a perfectly good tackle with 30 minutes to play, that was -4 points to overcome. I wuz robbed.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Same story here. I pay attention to my team every week and yet I'm beaten by someone with Harewood, Kitson, J Cole, Nolan and Giggs in their side. :evil:

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Safely through the first round 31-19 despite the best efforts of Delap and Lampard! My next opponent has never made any transfers, although he would have beaten me with 36 last week. Adebayor (c) and Torres are his main threats to my progress.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

It really doesn't seem in the spirit of the game that the top 70-odd% get to take part in the without any other filtering process. Surely the people who run the game would prefer it if only the committed players were included. It does seem to be complete luck as I'm just outside the top 1000 at the moment but that's not to say I have a problem being beaten by someone outside the top 10,000 as long as they're still active. This would inevitably make the cup comp shorter but I'm sure it'd be better this way.

Rant over :)

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

I thought my 29 score was dismal, but my opposition managed 16 so somehow I made it through.

Not So Special One
Treebeard

Getting trounced by a manager who hasn't actually played the game in months - kind of keeps you humble. :)

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

I was also knocked out first round by a Torres captainer - at least they were still taking it seriously even if they were 34,937th to my 102nd :roll:

Magic of the cup my ass

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

golden bear wrote:Magic of the cup my ass
To be fair being beaten by lesser teams kind of is what the magic of the cup is all about! ;) It's the teams that are managerless and who field only half a viable team that bug me.

Grandad
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: CYKI top 5 best mini-league (FISO) 11/07, 11/08.

Post by Grandad »

Away to tigers in round 2. He has no Lamps or Fake, only 2 players involved in the double round and Defoe (c) :lol:

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

DrBunker wrote:
golden bear wrote:Magic of the cup my ass
To be fair being beaten by lesser teams kind of is what the magic of the cup is all about! ;) It's the teams that are managerless and who field only half a viable team that bug me.

Yeah, it's magic when it happens to other people......

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Grandad wrote:Away to tigers in round 2. He has no Lamps or Fake, only 2 players involved in the double round and Defoe (c) :lol:
If you lose that one you should probably take up a new hobby! :lol:

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore

My opponent took a 4-pt hit this week, which included C Cole :arrow: Cisse :lol: And he has also got VDS as his keeper and captained Vidic :lol: :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”