Variety is the Spice of Life ...

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Variety is the Spice of Life ...

Post by Flyman »

Or so they say ....
But I'm finding it very difficult to convince myself into a team that's more than a man or two different from my FPL team.
I just keep thinking that I bought Joe X in FPL for a reason and the same reasons apply in CYKI - except PAD status for the bonus points, of course.

Has anyone managed to formulate two very different squads to start the season with in these (or other) games? :?

Maybe I'll just get really drunk Friday week and enter a fresh squad then? :P

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Variety is the Spice of Life ...

Post by sorbiegunner »

Think yourself lucky, imagine the problems the 1000+ multi teamers in The Sun must have. There's not enough drunken Fridays in the year for them :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

:lol: Yeah, thanks. I actually do feel better now. :D

The Saint
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier League Champion 2014-15

Post by The Saint »

You should try the Guardian game - points for all sorts of weird things like tackles and clearances mean you have to look at players you wouldn't normally in the more standard games. My team in that looks nothing like my teams elsewhere.

ted striker
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC Winner 2008, TFC FPT Winner 2008, TFC Runs Winner 2008 & 2010, TFC Wickets Winner 2007 & 2008

Post by ted striker »

To a degree you are bound to end up with similar players because the valuations are about the same. The way I viewed it was to put a few short term picks into CYKI because there are more free transfers available. In FPL you often need the one free transfer a week just to keep your squad from deteriorating in value due to injuries etc.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I've only got 3 CYKI players that aren't in my FPL squad. It's natural you're going to come to similar conclusions for each game since their rules are so similar! Though if you're struggling to decide between two players for a position, you can put one in each team!

The lack of boni here means for example Fabregas is in my FPL team but not CYKI at the mo, and the 2-transfers-a-week rule means I've got two players in CYKI who miss GW3.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

At the moment, my two are differing quite a lot. 8-) In FPL I have weighted my squad strongest in defence, strongish in midfield and so-so up front. In CYKI, I have done the opposite, and weighted much more in attack and midfield, although I have found I can have a strongish defence, too. Players differ quite a bit - although that may change tonight!

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

Flyman wrote:Or so they say ....
But I'm finding it very difficult to convince myself into a team that's more than a man or two different from my FPL team.
I just keep thinking that I bought Joe X in FPL for a reason and the same reasons apply in CYKI - except PAD status for the bonus points, of course.

Has anyone managed to formulate two very different squads to start the season with in these (or other) games? :?

Maybe I'll just get really drunk Friday week and enter a fresh squad then? :P
Nope, both my squads are very similar, apart from where bonus points are a big consideration. It should be that way.

nemo
FISOhead
FS Record: 52nd in FPL 2005-06

Post by nemo »

I've got the same dilemma! Seems kinda pointless having the same team in each. I tinker with my FPL team and then every so often update my CYKI team to nearly match.
I'm going to mix it up a little, and live a bit dangerously with my CYKI team :twisted:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

I tend to keep roughly the same teams and the nearest I get to be adventurous is having different captains every now and then - which often just leads to double the disappointment :(

beglee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,420th FPL 07/08, FISO FPL league MOTM Nov 07

Post by beglee »

Ive tried to vary it a bit as well, but have 3 players in common with my FPL team.

But took RVP & Berbatov as opposed to Adebayor & Bent in FPL, nothing much gained or lost there besides neither forward starting for my CYKI team.

In midfield though, i went for Nasri & Arteta here, which basically means my CYKI team has made a much better start than my FPL team. But i guess that was the idea in trying something different here.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

I actually ended up with four differences in my CYKI team - including Zaki and Steinsson! :shock:
:D
Scored more here than in FPL - despite the lack of bonus points!

beglee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,420th FPL 07/08, FISO FPL league MOTM Nov 07

Post by beglee »

Flyman wrote:Scored more here than in FPL - despite the lack of bonus points!
Me too, my CYKI team outscored my FPL team by 13 points (by 18points if you take out the BPs i scored in my FPL team)

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Despite scoring 8 boni in FPL, my CYKI team was still 5 pts better off! Almunia + Arteta vs Schwarzer + Petrov were the difference between the scores.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”