To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

CYKI FISO League 2008/9

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: CYKI FISO League 2008/9

Post by Vid »

I have a very simple solution to this "problem", for any FF comp that has no or minimal ML prizes that has a ML created with restrictions I'll create an open FISO league without them.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

Very constructive... nice one Vid...

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:Posting as an image won't work because the whole thread is captured by Google... When I search google with 'CYKI League Code' this thread comes out as the top search... If I google 'TFF Super league' FISO is the second link in the list which contains the login details.

Now... to me that leaves it open to anyone getting in the league regardless of joining FISO. I may be wrong because I'm already a member and logged in so I can see the threads but if I am not all it takes is a few minutes registering and boom... I've got the code and no-one will know who I am.

Even a 'who are you?' approach... which is an OK idea means that I can just post the once, say hello and then eff off.

Doing it via PM is a pain in the arsenal for the person doing it - believe me, checking threads and reading/replying to well over a hundred of 'em is not fun. Especially when you miss someone out. Like I did last season with Faruge.

So another way forward is similar to what Admin posted (quoted below) re. the Sun Dreamteam Forum recently... He is talking about rules for league admins in this instance but it could be adapted to people just joining the league itself - ie. A minimum postcount requirement for membership.

As you will read... I was questioning this very subject before the season started but got no feedback at all. The reason I asked the question was precisly because of this CYKI league.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admin wrote:The Moderators for The Sun DreamTeam forum have been working overtime to control continued spamming of their forums by people who have recently registered on FISO in order to promote their Mini-League. Despite continued guidance offered that the promotion must stick to one thread this has been ignored. When the only option left was banning a user, the user has returned with the intent of disrupting the forum. The work involved is not fair on the volunteer Moderators.

So any posts/threads that do not conform to the following rules will be removed from the forum by the Moderators. Moderators will simply refer the 'offender' to this thread.

These rules only apply where the Mini-League Chairman can win a prize.

Rule 1

The person posting must have been a member on FISO for at least 12 months.

Rule 2

The person posting must have first posted on the forum at least 6 months ago.

Rule 3

The person posting must have at least 250 posts on his/her post counter.

Rule 4

A warning must still be highlighted on the 1st post of the thread as follows:

Warning - before joining this mini-league please read the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This warning may be added by Moderators).

A copy of the warning given on that thread is as follows:

Please note the following when deciding whether to join or set up a Mini-League where a prize may be won by the Chairman of the mini-league:

1. As a general rule Admin will set up and thus Chair all 'official/main' FISO Mini-Leagues where substantial prizes could be won by the Chairman. This is so I know that the prizes will be distributed appropriately if won and I am best placed to contact users should they initially fail to come forward and claim their share. I will decide how prizes will be distributed and will post the respective shares on the forum. The offical FISO mini-leagues are generally found within the 'sticky' threads on the game's forum.

2. If there is a prize on offer for the Chairman then request permission from Admin first before setting up the 'official/main' FISO mini-league.

3. If you decide to join a mini-league not Chaired by me then you do so at your own risk. I do not necessarily know who the Chairman is in real life and may not be able to help you should he/she decide not to distribute the prize he/she has won. A mini-league set up using the FISO forums has nothing to do with FISO Ltd or the forum administrator.

4. If you want to join a non-official mini-league (i.e. one not chaired by me) then you should try and put in place some form of written agreement between the participants and the chairman (using real life names) with regard to the distribution of any prize won. This could be based upon a standard syndicate type agreements - showing the membership and how winnings are paid out. These should be signed but at least do an exchange of private messages.

5. If you join a mini-league not Chaired by me and you do not receive the share of winnings you were expecting then do not blame me or FISO. You were warned.
There is no prize for the mini league chairman in CYKI.
Apart from that, no prizes are forwarded to the chairman for distribution.
All prizes are sent direct to the prize winner.
The maximum mini league prize value is £50.
There is no season long prize, they are all monthly prizes.
Given the above I don't see the relevance of the quoted warning and I still fail to comprehend the problem with allowing entry to the mini league after the start of the season.

Adidasandahalf
Dumbledore

Post by Adidasandahalf »

sorbiegunner wrote:
DixieDean wrote:Posting as an image won't work because the whole thread is captured by Google... When I search google with 'CYKI League Code' this thread comes out as the top search... If I google 'TFF Super league' FISO is the second link in the list which contains the login details.

Now... to me that leaves it open to anyone getting in the league regardless of joining FISO. I may be wrong because I'm already a member and logged in so I can see the threads but if I am not all it takes is a few minutes registering and boom... I've got the code and no-one will know who I am.

Even a 'who are you?' approach... which is an OK idea means that I can just post the once, say hello and then eff off.

Doing it via PM is a pain in the arsenal for the person doing it - believe me, checking threads and reading/replying to well over a hundred of 'em is not fun. Especially when you miss someone out. Like I did last season with Faruge.

So another way forward is similar to what Admin posted (quoted below) re. the Sun Dreamteam Forum recently... He is talking about rules for league admins in this instance but it could be adapted to people just joining the league itself - ie. A minimum postcount requirement for membership.

As you will read... I was questioning this very subject before the season started but got no feedback at all. The reason I asked the question was precisly because of this CYKI league.
admin wrote:The Moderators for The Sun DreamTeam forum have been working overtime to control continued spamming of their forums by people who have recently registered on FISO in order to promote their Mini-League. Despite continued guidance offered that the promotion must stick to one thread this has been ignored. When the only option left was banning a user, the user has returned with the intent of disrupting the forum. The work involved is not fair on the volunteer Moderators.

So any posts/threads that do not conform to the following rules will be removed from the forum by the Moderators. Moderators will simply refer the 'offender' to this thread.

Rule 1

Rule 2

Rule 3

Rule 4

Please note the following when deciding whether to join or set up a Mini-League where a prize may be won by the Chairman of the mini-league:

1. As a general rule Admin will set up and thus Chair all 'official/main' FISO Mini-Leagues where substantial prizes could be won by the Chairman. This is so I know that the prizes will be distributed appropriately if won and I am best placed to contact users should they initially fail to come forward and claim their share. I will decide how prizes will be distributed and will post the respective shares on the forum. The offical FISO mini-leagues are generally found within the 'sticky' threads on the game's forum.

2. If there is a prize on offer for the Chairman then request permission from Admin first before setting up the 'official/main' FISO mini-league.

3. If you decide to join a mini-league not Chaired by me then you do so at your own risk. I do not necessarily know who the Chairman is in real life and may not be able to help you should he/she decide not to distribute the prize he/she has won. A mini-league set up using the FISO forums has nothing to do with FISO Ltd or the forum administrator.

4. If you want to join a non-official mini-league (i.e. one not chaired by me) then you should try and put in place some form of written agreement between the participants and the chairman (using real life names) with regard to the distribution of any prize won. This could be based upon a standard syndicate type agreements - showing the membership and how winnings are paid out. These should be signed but at least do an exchange of private messages.

5. If you join a mini-league not Chaired by me and you do not receive the share of winnings you were expecting then do not blame me or FISO. You were warned.
Given the above I don't see the relevance of the quoted warning and I still fail to comprehend the problem with allowing entry to the mini league after the start of the season.

I now think it's cool that your admin/chairman/chairwoman(none too sure) to this league,as clearly you've got bags of time on your hands.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

I quoted his entire post but it seems you didn't read this bit of my post. Anyway... it's just an idea on my part.
DixieDean wrote:He is talking about rules for league admins in this instance but it could be adapted to people just joining the league itself - ie. A minimum postcount requirement for membership.

For sure... this doesn't cover your issue with deadlines to entry but it would prevent someone just joining a week before a monthly prize is up for grabs. You could compare that to the way TFF rules govern MotM/W prizes. You can't just set up a team before the month starts I believe. It has to be a registered team a few weeks before.

You could have no deadline to entry at all with that kind of added rule - maybe 50 posts?

Just to add... over the last month or so I've had quite a few newly registered FISOers (1st post being a request to join this league) and they all got PMd back.

Maybe I'm taking this a bit personally because I've worked really hard to run the PM thing (whether it was/is the right way to do it) as best as I could this season and last season. I didn't expect trite posts seeming to infer that I want it this way. I just happen to be the guy that ended up the league Admin last year.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

Adidasandahalf wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:

Rule 1

Rule 2

Rule 3

Rule 4

I now think it's cool that your admin/chairman/chairwoman(none too sure) to this league,as clearly you've got bags of time on your hands.
Why do you think that and what point are you making? Or is that post actually as inane as it seems on the surface?

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

People with too much time on their hands are the people that make this forum work ... and make it a community that potential members would wish to join.

MERLIN
Wideboy
FS Record: Not bad but barren last few years

Post by MERLIN »

Still needs to be fair and I still never got a valid code!!

rishabhbaidmutha
Cheetah

Post by rishabhbaidmutha »

new guy here!

can I have the code for the league please

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

league name: FISO Forum

code 12442-51

As a courtesy would anyone joining please post to this thread, thanks.

And as you'll have posted then you should be able to join the FISO Posters League too

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=47633&view=unread#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bossdrum
Red & Blue Braces

Post by bossdrum »

I've just joined.
I don't think my team will be troubling the leaders at the top so I hope I won't be causing any tension :)

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

I Captained Downing against Stoke :evil: Double Zero = Zero :cry: :lol:

padmole
Dumbledore
FS Record: Various bits on footy / cricket and golf

Post by padmole »

HI

133 points and thought I was in the Fiso league for this one - have read all the threads and happy if you dont want me in but I have applied.
I have joined all the other leagues just been away for 2 weeks and hadnt entered this one in a previous life.

Wish I had given it more of a view though as it looks good!

Thanks

MERLIN
Wideboy
FS Record: Not bad but barren last few years

Post by MERLIN »

To be honest all I wanted to do is have an opinion and join a game and I that was how the site concept started ,what is all this fuss about!

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

This game is meant to be fun :D . There is probably (and hopefully) not much more to say about the code and whats done is done. Can we move on now please and use this link for what its intended for - i.e. to discuss the FISO CYKI season.
So how is everyone doing :?:
I had a good season last year with a top 20 finish, but I'm struggling a bit at the moment in around 800th place. Basically been def orientated, but theres been goals :| Do we think this will continue :?:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

I've had a better start than last year - I'm currently 274th overall with 3 to play tonight and 7pts to come off the bench so I'm happy so far. I actually enjoy this game more than FPL to be honest. No WildCard and no silly bonus points given out at random... and of course the prizes.

We're currently the top league with The FISO Posters League in 13th.

Good luck all and let's see if we can win a few prizes... Which is what it's all about :D :D :D

Cheers

Rich

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

DixieDean wrote:Good luck all and let's see if we can win a few prizes... Which is what it's all about :D :D :D
You mean there's prizes? :shock: I never knew.

Next, you'll be telling me that you can change players.

In that case I'd better have a look at my entry instead of just picking an entry and leaving it alone all season. :oops:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Shaggy365 wrote:
DixieDean wrote:Good luck all and let's see if we can win a few prizes... Which is what it's all about :D :D :D
You mean there's prizes? :shock: I never knew.

Next, you'll be telling me that you can change players.

In that case I'd better have a look at my entry instead of just picking an entry and leaving it alone all season. :oops:
Well, it is plastered all over their website!!! :wink:

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

I've joined the FISO league (finally figured out how) - hi lads. I'm normally busy on the FPL and TFF threads, but when I got an email from CYKI saying I had Adebayor as my captain I thought it was worth another look again! :lol:

Team is BRISTOLCITEH XI - and I'll probably do really badly at this having never played it before.

beglee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,420th FPL 07/08, FISO FPL league MOTM Nov 07

Post by beglee »

300th overall so far, so cant complain

Finished 3,600th-ish last year having started in gameweek 6, so if i dont do a fair bit better than that, ill be rightly embarassed :lol:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

I'm up to 31st!!! :shock: :lol:

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

DixieDean wrote:I'm up to 31st!!! :shock: :lol:
Good start, nice team and only two transfers made this season so even more impressive
8-)

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Hi guys,

I just joined the FISO league on 210 points. Only just realised / remembered I'd entered this comp when I was checking my e-mail and got an update. I haven't made any transfers as yet, and will try and pay it more attention now. I usually focus on Dream Team, but threw a speculative entry in this one, and the Channel 4 game, and was surprised to find I'm doing ok in both :shock:

Good luck to all :!:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

We really are doing rather well in this game fellow FISOers - Although, personally I may have shot my bolt by captaining Adebayor this week... :?
I'm 7pts off the leader for September (25th place - 14th overall) and the £1000 prize so will be really going for it next week but other than that... I can also see The Bear in 5th place too.

Monthly prizes...

Best League - £50 Amazon vouchers for the top 5
Picture 3.png
Picture 5.png

Top Scorer - Another £50 Amazon voucher I can see RamR in there aswell as myself... Any others?
Picture 4.png
Come on guys... we can do it!!!

Good luck all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I started reading through this thread but it's long, confusing, and quite dull so I just found a code and joined. I hope that's ok.

My team is Rich Pickings.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Art Vandelay wrote:I started reading through this thread but it's long, confusing, and quite dull so I just found a code and joined. I hope that's ok.

My team is Rich Pickings.
I really don't know the best way to word this and I knew it would be an issue... I'm just surprised it has happened so quickly.

Art Vandelay... I've just noticed that you are due to be added to the league at the next update - the last GW of September - which will put you top for September and 4th overall in the FISO league.

Seeing as FISO look odds on to win League of the Month for September, would you consider delaying your entry for one more GW?

I ask this because of the debate that raged about the fairness of entry dates that you seem to have missed by not reading the whole thread. Granted, I have a vested interest in this because I'm in the frame for a prize and will be hugely hacked off if I miss out but I think it would indeed be fair for you to do this.

You have a great score anyway so its guaranteed that you will be up there either next month or in the future.

The current top 5 or even 10 have been in since the beginning and have - I'm sure - enjoyed seeing their team do so well that they may get a prize very early in the season. For that to be taken away will be hugely disappointing.

Apologies for re-opening this can of worms but it has to be said in my book. This is only my opinion so if the other FISOers that are in contention want to comment or even the League Admin - who can either allow or block entry - wants to comment then it would be good to hear what you all have to say.

Cheers

Rich :( :?

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I don't for one moment suspect that Art Vandelay joined now just with that prize in mind, however I agree with Dixie that it would be unfair and perhaps a bad precedent to set, to let a player join in the last week of a month and take a share of a FISO league prize (should we win this month, that is :wink:).

Maybe the league admin can block any attempted entries to the FISO league in the final week of each month? :?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

Knew this would happen...

But I must say, AV is a long time member of Fiso so if it's an 'open' league I really can't see why he shouldn't have the same opportunity as anyone else.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

It doesn't matter how long someone has been a member of FISO... Which was my point all along. It's just not fair to the people in contention that joined when politely asked.

I guarantee that this will now drag on throughout the season. People will join late when they see the opportunity each month. Mark my words.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

DixieDean wrote:It doesn't matter how long someone has been a member of FISO... Which was my point all along. It's just not fair to the people in contention that joined when politely asked.

I guarantee that this will now drag on throughout the season. People will join late when they see the opportunity each month. Mark my words.
This is why I do so cr*p at all these competitions. Never any chance of winning. Never bother the leaders. Happy to come mid-table in the FISO league, whatever competition it is. I could enter the league any week of the season and not even cause a ripple.

Yours,
A mid-table lurker.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”