To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Any interest in a £100 all ten team league?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Any interest in a £100 all ten team league?

Post by WNP »

Hey guys,

As the titles say, would there be much interest in a £100 mini league where you enter all 10 team? The idea being we've all entered leagues before with our worst teams, this would negate that risk and remove some of the luck element from the league.

I appreciate there are already a lot of different leagues on the forum and I wouldn't want to pull any players away from the already established leagues, so will only run it if there's enough interest without diluting the already established leagues.

The format would depend on the sun website as last time you could enter, I think, a max of 5 teams into any one mini league. If that's the same this year, I'd set up 2 leagues, and everyone puts 5 into each. Then the prize fund would be split something like:

League 1 winner: 10%
League 2 winner 10%
Overall winner: 50%
Overall 2nd place: 20%
Overall 3rd place: 10%
The overall placement prizes would be capped at one per person, with the prize moving to the next placed player if someone did have more than 1 team in the top 3.

So the most anyone person could win would be capped at 70% (the overall prize and the two league winner prizes).

Anyway, would be good to get thoughts on whether there's room for another mini league (it could fill a void between the lower cost leagues (Elite, BML etc.) and the Big Balls league) and if anyone would be interested. I think we'd need atleast 10-15 people for it to be worth running.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: Any interest in a £100 all ten team league?

Post by ronny10 »

Maybe, depends on interest but just weighing up the value in potentially winning this (£100 entry) to winning big balls (£200 entry), plus the total entry outlay including other leagues would be getting very high to the point of winning just 1 league may not even cover entry fees overall!

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

ronny10 wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 12:00 Maybe, depends on interest but just weighing up the value in potentially winning this (£100 entry) to winning big balls (£200 entry), plus the total entry outlay including other leagues would be getting very high to the point of winning just 1 league may not even cover entry fees overall!
Yeah the costs do start to stack up for people entering all the leagues, and if it was one or the other, I'd rather people enter Big Balls league as that's already established and successful. I was in two minds about whether to even suggest this for those reasons, but thought I'd put it out there and see what everyone thought

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Perhaps a choice between 1 to 10. I'd be in the 1 choice category at the moment. :) Just went to press enter there as been on Facebook too much.

WNP
Grumpy Old Man

Post by WNP »

bloggie wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 14:03 Perhaps a choice between 1 to 10. I'd be in the 1 choice category at the moment. :) Just went to press enter there as been on Facebook too much.
I did consider the choice of 1-10 teams, but that's essentially just another version of the BML, plus with it having to be spread across more than 1 league, it could be difficult to stay on top of making sure people had entered the right number of teams, and you could end up with lopsided leagues. With everyone having 10 teams, 5 in each, it's a lot easier to manage and it's a level playing field in both leagues as you're competing against the same people in both.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Go on Will I’ll enter.
I’m now way over my self imposed season budget.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

In

WNP
Grumpy Old Man

Post by WNP »

Backlash wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 16:16 Go on Will I’ll enter.
I’m now way over my self imposed season budget.
Budgets are overrated :wink:

So that’s myself, Backlash and CBN down as in.
Ronny down as maybe, and I’m assuming bloggie is a no under the current format?

Will see how many others are up for it but it’s a good start!

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

ronny10 wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 12:00 Maybe, depends on interest but just weighing up the value in potentially winning this (£100 entry) to winning big balls (£200 entry), plus the total entry outlay including other leagues would be getting very high to the point of winning just 1 league may not even cover entry fees overall!
Especially if you’re sticking 10 wags teams in this one as well :wink:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Edmondson wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 20:44
Especially if you’re sticking 10 wags teams in this one as well :wink:
Nah but shes interested in big balls :wink:

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

I'm in

WNP
Grumpy Old Man

Post by WNP »

I've created an official thread on the mini-league forum for this.

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=130406&p=3327092#p3327092

4 people signed up already. Anyone else interested? Hopefully we can get upto atleast 10 and get the prize pot up.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”