To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TOTTENHAM v LIVERPOOL- C/L FINAL

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

TOTTENHAM v LIVERPOOL- C/L FINAL

Post by plevna1963 »

So the final game of the season is just a few hours away.

For me i can't really split the teams in terms of the result so seeing odds of 3/1 for Tottenham to win in a one off game seem generous. (90 mins)

Both Liv/Tott struggled in the Group stages with Tott needing 2 late goals from Kane v PSV in their 4th game to secure their 1st win in the group & since then have only lost 2 games City/Ajax & only failed to score in 1 of their 12 games in the comp v Ajax.

Liverpool had their issues in Group stage losing 3 out the 1st 5 games but since the loss to PSG in their 5th game they have only lost once in the remaining 7 games & have failed to score in 4 of their 12 games.

Good Luck to everyone still involved with a chance of a Top Ten Finish in SDT.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Re: TOTTENHAM v LIVERPOOL- C/L FINAL

Post by hancockjr »

You can’t split 2 teams when one has lost one league game all season and the other 13, including twice to Liverpool? Could you split the FA cup finalists?

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 17:48 You can’t split 2 teams when one has lost one league game all season and the other 13, including twice to Liverpool? Could you split the FA cup finalists?
Who's talking about P/League/FA Cup?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 17:48 You can’t split 2 teams when one has lost one league game all season and the other 13, including twice to Liverpool? Could you split the FA cup finalists?
:lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Maybe it would help if they played this in the football season, rather than when attention has turned to cricket and tennis... looks like both teams are in summer holiday mode at the moment, having not played for a couple of weeks!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

The rest of Europe finished their seasons last week. We're the outlier.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

CBN wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 20:55 The rest of Europe finished their seasons last week. We're the outlier.
We need to rethink our schedule then... three weeks without a competitive game will take away anyone’s match fitness, although I suspect that’s not the only factor at play here. But if an English team was up against someone who was still playing their domestic season until last weekend they would probably have been blown away before they knew what had hit them.

The only football played in June should be of the international variety though. Wolves start their Europa League campaign next month :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Probably as FAC Cup wasn't thstvlong ago and there would be flack if a Final is was in EL Final a few days later

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

This is utter dross.

There was more quality in the Championship Play Off Final.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Finals are often damp squibs, but Spurs will surely feel they didn’t do themselves justice on an occasion that probably won’t come around again for a generation. They had more of the possession but just didn’t do enough with it.

I suppose Liverpool didn’t deserve to end the season without a big trophy, even if their performance on the night barely merited it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spurs didn't play well enough to choke?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Spurs we’re actually the better team for me but Liverpool deserved something from a remarkable season.

If nothing else, it reminded me why I don’t pay for BT Sports.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Maldini wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 22:23 If nothing else, it reminded me why I don’t pay for BT Sports.
The semi-finals (and earlier knockout rounds) were worth a season’s subscription many times over, though...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'll miss the speedway more than the football

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Fancy that. The clear favourite won.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 22:31
Fancy that. The clear favourite won.
Thankfully

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Not the game, as bad as it was.

The coverage. I quite like Lineker but Ferdinand, Owen, Jenas and particularly McManaman are the nadir of football punditry.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Maldini wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 22:32 Not the game, as bad as it was.

The coverage. I quite like Lineker but Ferdinand, Owen, Jenas and particularly McManaman are the nadir of football punditry.
Jenas is actually very good but Macca is so biased it's untrue. Glenn still furious about the penalty.

Both Semi finals were epic. The final also an epic....anti climax.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

forestfan wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 22:03 Finals are often damp squibs, but Spurs will surely feel they didn’t do themselves justice on an occasion that probably won’t come around again for a generation. They had more of the possession but just didn’t do enough with it.

I suppose Liverpool didn’t deserve to end the season without a big trophy, even if their performance on the night barely merited it.
Spurs had possession but we're impotent. It always looked like Liverpool were in control. After Liverpool seasons theyl deserved something. They lost 1 game in the league. Spurs much more.

I hate other teams in general but tonight I looked at the team and the fans and heard youl never walk alone and I thought I want to be part of that.

As an Arsenal fan I will never get that.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Nailed it cclem; the early goal let Liverpool play a more defensive/cautious game. For all Spurs’ possession, I’m not sure Alisson was worked until the final ten minutes?

Finals or ‘big games’ rarely live up to the hype.

Anyway who cares... the performance will be forgotten. The euphoria of the scored goals and end result will live with me forever.

(Currently sat in Bilbao airport waiting for a flight to Paris (and another flight from there to Liverpool)).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”