To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

It was better in the old days....

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

It was better in the old days....

Post by Zimmerman »

S_sutton87 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 13:59 Might give this a miss next season this season has been a bit drab I think very quiet on fiso in the sun game

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Few times a comment along these lines has been made recently.... which got me thinking.
So, Ive scrolled back through 100 pages (last 8 seasons) and looked at the March/April activity.

Here are the number of active threads over those two months (says nothing about individual posts within each of the threads).

March-April-19 48
March-April-18 45
March-April-17 57
March-April-16 55
March-April-15 19
March-April-14 35
March-April-13 67
March-April-12 89

Should caveat that some of the older seasons have countless threads on ratings (remember someone would just post the ratings from the previous days game(s)). So its not that there was loads of stimulating discussion and debate going on (but maybe there was).

Personally, I don’t think this is unusual for the Sun game. Once the dust settles and we all know the dream is over for another season, it always tapers off.
No Monthly comps to keep people interested and the weekly game is such a lottery - no one really cares.

Maybe an analysis of the RMT thread might be more indicative. Im not that bored yet.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: It was better in the old days....

Post by Zimmerman »

An example of a ratings thread

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=94318
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101883

When did the app become a thing?
Access to the ratings via the app has obviously killed a lot of the traffic... and dare i say the use of whoscored as also quelled a lot of the discussion too?

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Re: It was better in the old days....

Post by cclem345 »

It's natural that people lose interest when they aren't in a winning position or when mini leagues/short term comps are over.

I for one have lost interest in dream team as basically after Christmas I had no chance of doing anything significant. In mini leagues on fiso I was either put out or I am 50-60 behind and my differentials that I took a chance on haven't helped any so you accept this year isn't your year and move on.

Also the fact that the big hitters at the top of the leader board also show little interest (which I get no point telling everyone what your going to go) but an after thought of the rational behind it would be good.

The only one that seems to say much regarding his left field picks is Ricky and he is so far down it isn't relevant nor teaches us "newbies" anything really.

The forum will be pretty dead until july/August again but thats only natural. Everyone full of hope and expectation to then be shot down by November with only a few mini leagues for interest.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”