To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chasers strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Chasers strategy

Post by RickyRosa »

So it got to their point where I nearly gave up on my team after last months transfers went so wrong for me but luckily for me the flaming I receive on a regular basis inspired me to keep going and to try and push back into the top Hundo (with a stretch target of 10th position).

Realistically I know and concede that if the usual suspects turn up for the rest of the season that I have no realistic chance.

However, if they don’t and I play my cards right I think there is still a possibility of achieving the above.

I actually prefer to be in this position (dont get me wrong I would still love to be in 16th position) as it’s familiar territory for me being part of a chasing pack as I am within a comfort zone where as I made newb errors when one of the front runners...

I know If I get my strat right from previous experience that it is still possible to catch up but for me I’m interested in other managers opinions about what is the best way to do this?

Thoughts appreciated.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Chasers strategy

Post by CBN »

You need 'sleeping giants'. Players in nobodies teams that are about to catch light, e.g. Lukaku ten days ago.

Have you considered Wanyama?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I have considered Wanyama and unless I can find someone else he may well be in.

Funny you mentioned Lukaku as I was going to bring him in instead of Aguero, however, Aguero hurt me so much in Feb I just thought I got to have him.

A fundamental mistake but one that has been thought provoking.

Understand the sleeping giants strat CBN and have sort of been using it for a while (sort of) with Mane who is now becoming a more popular pick.

I guess if I eloborate a bit more I might get some more feedback...

I'm thinking of something drastic...

So assuming I'm still there or there abouts come the end of march and I'm still 70-100 odd points off the top ten then I think it might be worth taking huge risks and going for players that literally nobody else is picking... not so much sleeping giants more sleeping underdogs... players like Zaha etc who could come good with the rub of the green and base the strategy on players like Kane/Aguero/Salah not getting many points in the last few months of the season (unlikely i know) so that it is indeed possible to catch the front runners.

It could mean a spiral into oblivion but in reality imop finishing 99th position or even 11th position is in reality the same as finishing 5000th position.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Guess their will be a lot of transfers used on Lukaku now so may have to look for another alternative.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

The top hundo already has a few more after tonight.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

In my mini league many have used their transfers up the top to bring in Higuain for example or strengthen elsewhere .
Lukaku could indeed be a differential in some cases still 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”