To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Dreamteam Ratings

Post by ffstuff »

ronny10 wrote: ↑04 Jan 2019, 20:28 Do you have to manually update the top 100 Frank or does it update automatically at a certain point each day
Hi Ronny

The top 100 leaderboard when selected gets the data directly from the dreamteam website so it is always a replica of the current live leaderboard,
The same with the new added "%owned stats" tab at the top of the leaderboard screen , this is the current ownership for the top 100 (or whatever 100 you are showing if you have chosen to jump to a different rank)

Frank

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Ratings screen is nice as it shows how the ratings are arrived at play by play.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote: ↑04 Jan 2019, 20:28 Do you have to manually update the top 100 Frank or does it update automatically at a certain point each day
Are you thinking the same as me, if the top 100 is scraped at approx 7:30-8am after lockout lifted on the first Friday of each month, everyone has 3 transfers remaining and would be pretty easy for a robot to track πŸ€”...bit out of my ballpark tbh πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Genius

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

By the way because of the data its displaying for the ratings, best viewing that screen on a PC, don't think it will display that well on a phone , lots of table columns

Frank

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer wrote: ↑04 Jan 2019, 20:38
Are you thinking the same as me, if the top 100 is scraped at approx 7:30-8am after lockout lifted on the first Friday of each month, everyone has 3 transfers remaining and would be pretty easy for a robot to track πŸ€”...bit out of my ballpark tbh πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Are we competing with robots? I thought it was hard enough already!!

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer wrote: ↑04 Jan 2019, 20:38
Yes, but I'm with you in not being capable :D

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

ffstuff wrote: ↑04 Jan 2019, 20:24
Striker wrote: ↑04 Jan 2019, 16:08
ffstuff wrote: ↑31 Dec 2018, 16:24 As a result I've not bothered and instead people can click on the team name, see the history and transfers used by week and make their own mind up.
Thanks. So I guess that if one makes a print out of the table of the top teams soon after 7 am on the first Friday of a month, one can use this together with clicking on a team name to see how exactly many transfers that manager has made that month?
I never got to the bottom of how quickly changes are shown for transfers made in the previous week, otherwise I would write something myself to do exactly what you say. But I thought some people were saying the changes didn't appear until the match started - maybe I heard wrong
I'm not sure but common sense suggests that a transfer only shows up once it is no longer reversible. This would mean that during the week a transfer only shows up once the club of one of the players involved in a transfer kicks off. However as soon as week x turns into week 1+x at 7am on Fridays a transfer also becomes non reversible and therefore shows up at this time.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Great work with the whoscored events and actions breakdown. Well done, Frank :)

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

Post by ffstuff »

Cant find it now, but I know someone asked about adding checkboxes to the player page to allow you to filter to a few select ones of your choice.
This is now available, simply click the check box of the players you wish and then click the button "Show only checked"

See yah

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Also now added checkboxes and Show Only Selected/Show All to the Dreamteam fixture list so you can easily compare a few teams rather than just see all.

I'll roll this out to the Telegraph Prem/Championship and Sky Fixture Lists that are also on the site to at some point tomorrow

Frank

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

πŸ‘πŸ»

Great work as always (from memory, might have been Jules that wanted the player filter).

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Ta, that's all Live for the other fixture grids also now (TFF Championship (With FA Cup), TFF Prem (With FA Cup), Sky)
Unsure if anyone in this forum plays those games also though

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Another update, I've finally got round to autosensing the current game week (rather than me remembering to log in every Friday morning and update it to the current one - which sometimes didn't happen till Saturday)

Therefore Top 100 team history, player data and the Top 100 prev game week drop down, will now auto roll over to the new gameweek automatically just after midnight on Fridays

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Another update....Frankie feeling hot today! :-)

I've updated the team history screen two fold, firstly I've grouped the team history by game month so its easier to see the team selections per game month, secondly this then allows me to be a lot more intelligent in the transfer usage breakdown, ensuring that as much as is feasibly possible I move the transfers into the correct week they were used. If on a month cross over for example the transfers made meant the previous month would go over 3, its now intelligent enough to know that those transfers must of been done after the Friday allocation but before the matches so go into the first week of the new month.

i.e. if 2 were made already and then 2 were made on the cross over week, it would allocate 1 to the last week of the previous month and 1 to the first week of the current (that 1 may then increase if changes are made for the following week), if 3 were already made then the 2 would go forward to the current months allocation, the software realising they must of made them before kickoff but after the new allocation

This should in effect now end any discrepancies that we had before. Its possible that someone in a new month could use transfers after the allocation but before kick off and not have used their previous months, but in all honesty anyone doing that would not be threatening on the leaderboard (anyone on their game would know to use the remaining ones left before the new allocation if they were going to make them early after the new allocation) so that slim margin of error can be almost discounted.

Hope that all makes sense! :-)

Frank

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

You are going to be sooooooo bored in the next two weeks πŸ˜‚

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Been busy with work for a while, but want to get some stuff sorted on the site I've been meaning to do so a quiet period is good.

I'll be adding the transfers left to the main table at some point this weekend. There are some caveats to that statement
  • The Transfers left will be calculated as per my previous post so not 100% perfect but as good as its gonna be
    It will only be the top 100** teams I show the transfers left on the main leaderboard as its alot of data to go through to calculate (i basically start at GW1 and work up as per the history screen to ensure the integrity of Transfers left is as good as it can be)
    Because of the calls required to get the data, i don't want to be constantly accessing the dreamtime site, so the script will run every 4 hours on the current top 100**. Any teams below that will simply display a "-" in that column, although as always; clicking on the team to view the history will always be uptodate and you can see how many transfers (using same rules as point 1) the person has left
** Depending on how quick the routine runs, i may extend it to the top 200 , i'll see once its all up and running

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

This is now live,The Top 100 Tr Left (transfers left) Column updates every 2 hours, so if a new team enters the top 100 and it hasn't had its transfers left calculated yet by the 2 hourly routine the field is empty until it has been. This will obviously apply if you are viewing the top 100 table when matches are in play etc where the teams in the top 100 could fluctuate (wildly at the start of the season, not so much later on)

Obviously as always you can click on a team history and see uptodate transfers used whenever you wish, but its nice to see at a glance on the main table what transfers people have left.

Caveats to accuracy as per previous posts on the subject.

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Zimmerman wrote: ↑16 Mar 2019, 06:33 You are going to be sooooooo bored in the next two weeks πŸ˜‚
By the way, just realised your superleague web page wasn't working, fixed now - you should of said

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Like the monthly segregation too, so we can see at a glance when transfers were used.

Superleague;
It was still working if i tapped in to the individual teams.

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

Great new features as always Frank, wp

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

*Update*

At the end of each line on the top 100 leaderboard there is now an icon that when clicked on will immediately hide all the identical players to that team from all other teams, in effect showing the differentials for all the other teams.

At the top of the column is a reset button which will put the teams back to the standard view.

Frank.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Fantastic. If only I needed to be concerned with top 100 differentials.

Got anything for the top 2000 that does the same thing 🀣

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Your transfers left column is dubious Frank.

My son just came round and showed me he has no transfers left in his best team , whereas your showing 1.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Dot wrote: ↑29 Mar 2019, 19:24 Your transfers left column is dubious Frank.

My son just came round and showed me he has no transfers left in his best team , whereas your showing 1.
Its a best guess Dot looking at the monthly buckets and the most likely place to put the transfers when they are made on cross overs (month end/month start) , it can never be 100%, at some point your son will have had a transfer left over and made a transfer in the 1st gameweek of the next month and the software has assumed it was most likely made in the previous month because why leave one left over....

There is no access to transfers in Dreamteam, only by comparing one weeks team with the previous and applying some logic can i get a best guess....I've always said its not 100%

Frank

Edit: I've updated the Top 100 screen to say this as a reminder to people

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Just stumbled on your Sky stats. It's GREAT! Where are you scraping it from? I ask since it would be even better if e.g the passes column had the number of passing bonus points the player had accrued rather than the number of passes made.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

its from the Sky site.

They don't hold data by week though so this season that's not possible (just totals for current week , current month, current season). I just show the season totals.

I could look at it for next season perhaps and start scraping the data by week myself.

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Talking of next season...

Will you have an archive so that we can view the player data from this 2018-19 season once the new season starts?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hi Jules

Yes , everything that is available this season will be available in archive format next season except the jump to position on the top 100 leaderboard (it will just be the top 100 for every game week)

See yah

Frank

Edit: I’m talking the main top 100 leaderboard only there. The football player data by week I will also archive. Unsure what if anything from full name or family name search as that would require a whole heap more data archived and I’m not sure it’s worth it

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I think it's the 'football' player data Jules means.

Great stuff Frank this season, really appreciated

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œThe Sun Dream Team FF Games”