To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

Post by ffstuff »

Thanks Yorkshire Exile, donations are what they are, probably less than 1% who use the site hit the donate button.
I'm not complaining, it is what it is and some people just don't have the spare money, especially in the current climate

For all those who do donate though, a massive thankyou

Frank

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

I donated a few weeks ago, will donate again if I win my league, close going into last game.

It would be a great touch if everybody that wins there league's and uses this site gives something back

If it wasn't for this site, it would be so much harder!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Yes, I think I emailed you to say thanks at the time

Good luck for today

Frank

Chizbiz
Wideboy
FS Record: 19th overall SDT 2019/20

Post by Chizbiz »

Hi,
Was wondering if your (amazing) program grabs all entries? Just been trying to find Faye Whittingham( teams at 39 and 98 in the top 100) and she appears in neither “search manager” nor “family ties”?

Cheers
Last edited by Chizbiz on 04 Aug 2020, 05:33, edited 1 time in total.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Chizbiz wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 10:55 Hi,
Was wondering if your (amazing) program grabs all entries? Just been trying to find Faye Whittingham( teams at 39 and 98 in the top 100) and she doesn’t appear in neither “search manager” nor “family ties”?

Cheers
Hi,

I've fixed that, she was in my database as Faye Webb. I can only assume she got married at some point and managed to change her name on the DreamTeam website
Unsure, but i've fixed it now in my Database to Faye Whittingham

Frank

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Do u know my inside leg measurement?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

All,

I have backed up what i normally do into the 2019/20 Section on my site for the player points and all previous overall leaderboards and team detail on each one (team click only not manager click).
Unfortunately during lockdown Dreamteam messed alot of the historical data up for previous weeks and even though i had downloaded some in the lockdown before they trashed the historical leaderboards completely it seems the overall leaderboard for weeks 1,2,3,16,17,18 was already trashed when i did my earlier download...

I think Dot said the Sun sent an email round saying the site will go down from the 8th August to get ready for the new game , at that point Search Manager and Family Ties will no longer work until the next season starts as its to much data for me to download (i'd in effect have to store the entire 1 million users final teams which i am not doing - just the 100 on each weeks leaderboard)
So i'd suggest if any one needs to use those for peoples teams etc they do so before the 8th

Frank

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

1 Million users,have got to be happy in finishing 241st.

Still- no Cigar

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Soz I meant a million teams , approx

Edit: 918,499 teams (from when i scanned after GW 1, its possible some entered later teams)

Which equates to 668,168 unique managers
Last edited by ffstuff on 03 Aug 2020, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Chizbiz
Wideboy
FS Record: 19th overall SDT 2019/20

Post by Chizbiz »

ffstuff wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 15:17
Chizbiz wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 10:55 Hi,
Was wondering if your (amazing) program grabs all entries? Just been trying to find Faye Whittingham( teams at 39 and 98 in the top 100) and she doesn’t appear in neither “search manager” nor “family ties”?

Cheers
Hi,

I've fixed that, she was in my database as Faye Webb. I can only assume she got married at some point and managed to change her name on the DreamTeam website
Unsure, but i've fixed it now in my Database to Faye Whittingham

Frank
Cheers

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

Thanks again Frank, with out you it would be so much harder! Donated

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Frank I came in here to ask whether your FanTeam 'Player Additions / Price Changes' page would pick up players changing clubs? However, in thinking of an example to use, I appear to have found another thing that would be good to pick up - player removals. Dean Henderson has disappeared from FanTeam...

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Digging a bit deeper I think you're picking up new additions for players that get removed (e.g. Scott Carson who disappeared and has now reappeared) but not the removals.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Morning

Regarding the players changing clubs, it all depends how fan team do that, it would be good if someone transferred club and i could check how they take care of that in their data.

Removal of players..i'll have to change my routines so that i also check every player in my database with what they have and remove any that no longer exist

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

CBN wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 09:09 Digging a bit deeper I think you're picking up new additions for players that get removed (e.g. Scott Carson who disappeared and has now reappeared) but not the removals.
I've now added that into the code (a red X appears alongside the player when they get removed) , it will be time stamped when i see it, so for all the ones previously removed they are time stamped today, but for all future ones, they will be timestamped on teh day it happens

Frank

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Nice one mate, thank you

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

CBN wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 12:40 Nice one mate, thank you
You got some catching up to do on team entry for Sandor and Cujo :) ;)

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I've just been looking at it today and it feels like I have too many already. Won them all in satellites but going to stop at 30.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Have you really won 30 seats in sattys CBN?

What sattys me friend as I haven’t seen you in the ones I have played so suspect it’s CSGO?

You and backlash liked a bit of that during lockdown!

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Up to 29 now (2 more yesterday) and yes, the majority have been in CS... :D

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

ffstuff wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 12:46
Cujo :?:

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

SUZYKINS wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 08:22
ffstuff wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 12:46
Cujo :?:
Entered 100 teams in to Fanteam , Sandor over 100 - CBN currently around 29 (from memory)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

plevna1963 wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 16:17 1 Million users,have got to be happy in finishing 241st.

Still- no Cigar
Still a mega perfomance pal.

Your only reward may be the kudos but it’s better than nothing!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Frank....so I’ve registered for your amazing site.

The only question I have is what benefit does that give me? I could still see everything without being registered?

Sorry if I am missing something.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hi Ricky

Thats fine..there isnt a great deal of difference, I set the login up because there are some instances where i wanted the user to be able to save data against their profile

If you use the fixture grids then it allows you to alter the colour selections for the difficulty and save them against your profile so that you can have your own custom display rather than the default that i set up. You'll see a "Click here to change team difficulty rankings" below the grid, youll see you can adjust the sliders and it will adjust the colours for those teams and you can then hit save. When you log in these are then retrieved so you always see the grids in your colour selections. If you don't have a login you can't save them so next time you view the fixture list youd beback to the default

I've also been working on the Sky Team Planner, more for myself but i've added i to the site so anyone can use it and you can choose your team, transfers etc and it fills in the fixture schedule PPG and obviously you can save this against your profile also, more for planning when to do your changes.

if you dont use any of the above then you dont need a login

Obviously if you can think of anything you might want to see thats tied to your login, feel free to message me your ideas and i can look at adding them.....bear in mind i have a day job and i do this in my spare time for fun! :)

Frank

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

How often does your Sun player list update Frank? Any way of identifying new additions from this point forward?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

CBN wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 12:04 How often does your Sun player list update Frank? Any way of identifying new additions from this point forward?
Added the same table as Fanteam now for additions, deletions and price changes (currently just shows everyone as added today, but obviously it will now update correctly from this point)

Now set to update on a 4 hour cycle

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Top man, cheers. Just sent another small donation in appreciation :)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Thank you Frank!! We know it’s your spare time and I can say I’m behalf of all of FISO we are very appreciative

CBN!!

Another 2 seats, well done and WP.

Think that some of those lockdown games i played for fun might actually give me some payback!

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”