To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Re: Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

Post by Jules »

Yeah, I don’t care about manager stats, only players.

Having said that, it’d be great at the end of the season to see how the top ten teams got there. Their starting teams, the transfers they made and how far off the lead they were at different points in the season. I guess that’d be easier as a static page but it’d be a fascinating read.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hey

Yes i will be archiving player stats and the top 100 manager stats so all will be still be viewable when the game rolls over to next years.
Also.....I have left the current player stats as is for the price moves but added another one now which shows more of the stats for goals assists, SMB etc, it also breaks out the points and games played per competition (far right of table).
I have also included all players who have played in the teams this season even if not in the dreamteam game, the only data missing for these players is the position, price and last 3/5 avg which dreamteam dont bother keeping for those non selectable players.
This table updates once a day (not live like the other one) as its abit more work summarising some of the game specific data so updated once a day in early hours

Any issues with it let me know

See yah

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

CBN wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 09:27 Just stumbled on your Sky stats. It's GREAT! Where are you scraping it from? I ask since it would be even better if e.g the passes column had the number of passing bonus points the player had accrued rather than the number of passes made.

Hi CBN

I have now archived the stats on Sky for 2018/19 season (sub menu on the main sky one) and also added in what I believe you was asking for , in a Pts by Stat web page also, let me know what you think and if you'd like any changes

Frank

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

This is AMAZING. It is so kind of you to share your work with everyone. As a small token of appreciation I'll pay your entry to a mini-league next season.

In terms of improvements, I feel I'm taking the piss now but the ability to filter by position and price range would be cool :D

p.s. when sorting it defaults low to high which is a bit odd (and means two clicks)

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

I've just starting to do the analysis of my 2018-19 FPL season, and the FPL Player Data (Stats) section is going to save me hours of work.

FFstuff just gets better and better the more I look at it.

If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times but "Great work, FF!" :)

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

Thanks again Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

anyone opening a big balls 1 grand league, I’m in , CBN is paying :D :D :wink:

Thanks all :)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

ffstuff wrote: 19 May 2019, 20:34 anyone opening a big balls 1 grand league, I’m in , CBN is paying :D :D :wink:

Thanks all :)
:D

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I've also updated the TFF prem stats now to include the points by GW on the right side of the grid. (as per the FPL ones i was asked for)

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

CBN wrote: 18 May 2019, 21:10 This is AMAZING. It is so kind of you to share your work with everyone. As a small token of appreciation I'll pay your entry to a mini-league next season.

In terms of improvements, I feel I'm taking the piss now but the ability to filter by position and price range would be cool :D

p.s. when sorting it defaults low to high which is a bit odd (and means two clicks)
I've fixed the sorting on all the grids so that it always starts ascending, i'll look at adding some column filters but for position, you could get away with typing def or mid etc in the search box on the right.
Also i'm not sure if people know, but you can multi sort on those grids by sorting by one column and then holding down shift whilst you then click on another column and so on and so on.

Frank

P.S. Losing track of when i've done stuff here, but i've also added the weekly points breakdown on the Sky Player stats grid to the right, like i have for Sun (player data price rises) , TFF and FPL - unsure if that was on there when you looked before or added after

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong, but some of your total point figures don't seem to tie up to the App? E.g. from what I can see, you have Sterling down as 279 points but on the app he has 312.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I am just looking at this now for you - the player prices table has the correct total, the stats table is more complex and I have some routines that run behind the scenes to separate out by week and competition (so it isn’t always live straight from dreamteam website), however , these routines hadn’t picked up the fa cup final - I’ve fixed the issue and am rerunning it now so it should display it correctly when that routine has finished (about half hour)

Apologies

Frank

Edit: I’ll let you know when it’s finished , I forgot how long it takes to go through all the matches and assign the points to the correct competition bucket (fa cup, champs league , Prem etc)

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

All looks fine now - dreamteam still classed fa cup as active game week (ends midnight tonight) and I was only updating completed ones . I’ve changed the code now to look at match completion when getting data rather than game week completion which is better anyway.

Thanks for reporting the glitch

Frank

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

Wow, that was fixed quick! Good job, and thanks for providing the information!

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Get that Donate button added, or you’ll miss out on the peak time of fantasy football interest.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Thanks but I don't want to add one

Frank

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

ffstuff wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 13:49 Thanks but I don't want to add one

Frank
What about a beer token button

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Where's the search managers option gone frank??

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

You can't view other teams until scoring starts, so not much point in it at the moment

Frank

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Ah see,was just wanting/trying to look at peoples teams from my mini lges from last season.

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

Whenever I come on here I can't help but notice the word Fanastic in the Title of this thread. And for a while I think shall I ask if this was meant to be Fantastic, but always decide no that would be petty. Anyway it's kinda got to the point where............... :oops:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

The lack of an apostrophe is more concerning, IMHO.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Ok stupid question time.....

What does TBD mean in the fixture grid?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

RickyRosa wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 10:12 Ok stupid question time.....

Its to be decided if it means to be decided

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

ronny10 wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 10:18
RickyRosa wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 10:12 Ok stupid question time.....

Its to be decided if it means to be decided
I wanted to show there will be fixtures then for those teams but the draw has not been made yet
So yes TBD means the opposition is to be decided or in wolves case they need to get through the qualifiers to see if they even have that game

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Thanks guys....

Have to say, The Sun forum is a lot quicker to respond (and more helpful)then the FPL lot....

it's like getting blood out of a stone!

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

S'appening Frank?

Ur system snoozing or what?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

are you not going to show how many transfers left on your site and why still cant one view the search manager / family ties facility ugly?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Dot wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 11:31 are you not going to show how many transfers left on your site and why still cant one view the search manager / family ties facility ugly?
Search Manager & Family Ties will be available around Wednesday, I have to do a full scrape of all teams for this, and the easiest way to do this to ensure i dont miss any , is to do it on a fixed Leaderboard, so after the last update on Sunday I will start the scrape. I would predict around Wednesday they will be available.

Transfers left will be making a reappearance but since its impossible to know if anyone has made transfers till GW2 , then its pretty pointless putting 3 against everyones name at the moment

Frank
Last edited by ffstuff on 10 Aug 2019, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Dot give him a break or he might block your IP address from viewing his site :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”