To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mahrez.....too risky?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
GunnerDave
Treebeard

Mahrez.....too risky?

Post by GunnerDave »

I need a cheep mid to free up some funds to improve my def, im currently 1st in my work league by 5pts (on 607pts) no one has Mahrez yet, do you think he is too much of a rotation risk? Or worth it for his low price?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Mahrez.....too risky?

Post by Spinynorman »

I'm thinking of taking a punt where I need to replace a couple of non performers who are dropping in price.

GunnerDave
Treebeard

Post by GunnerDave »

Spinynorman wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 09:34 I'm thinking of taking a punt where I need to replace a couple of non performers who are dropping in price.
Im 50/50 but he seems to of hit form and is always good for a goal/assist its just the rotation risk Sterling normally starts then its either Mahrez, Sane or B Silva for the other wide spot.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

City have played 14 games:

Starts
D Silva 12
Sterling 11
B Silva 10
Mahrez 7
Sane 5

Obviously de Bruyne is now fit and will soon be commanding a place every game (I’m guessing he starts tonight and again Sunday if no reaction).

Mahrez has started the last four.

Not sure if anything can be read in to it... but as we know Sane and Mendy don’t appear to play together (1/8).

Whereas whilst Mendy has played (8)
D Silva 7/8 (only first game of season he missed)
B Silva 6/8
Mahrez 6/8
Sterling 6/8

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

What are peoples opinions on him now KDB is injured again? I'm waiting till line-ups to see if he starts, quite tempted myself

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

I don't think KDB injury changes things too much really.

Mahrez was always going to be rotated like Sterling, Sane etc.

I predicted Mahrez would get between 170-200 points this year. I think that figure is too high now but he should still chip in with decent points for a 3.5-4m player.

He's a useful enough player for the price. Players don't always need to start every game to get decent points you just have to look at Aubameyang. Possible 2 of his highest scoring games he started on the bench.

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

cclem345 wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 13:22 I don't think KDB injury changes things too much really.

Mahrez was always going to be rotated like Sterling, Sane etc.

I predicted Mahrez would get between 170-200 points this year. I think that figure is too high now but he should still chip in with decent points for a 3.5-4m player.

He's a useful enough player for the price. Players don't always need to start every game to get decent points you just have to look at Aubameyang. Possible 2 of his highest scoring games he started on the bench.
Hmmmm Im trying to cover Sterling (who my rival already has) I have around 4.2m I don't want to compleatly dissect my team so Im thinking Mahrez could be a good move, BSilver is another option i'm thinking, I actually removed him last month as the return of KDB had me worried :shock: good point about the sub appearances! already have Richardson in this price range unfortually Arnautovic has just ecaped me pricewise! might take a punt if he starts tbh, thanks for your input!

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

He’s on the bench

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Jules wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 14:03 He’s on the bench
Thats that then, dunno if Id risk bringing him in if he's not starting(though I get he's a threat off the bench) its actually Pedro I'm needing to replace, mystery over Hazard playing is a possible shining light I guess if not Barkley in? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Aside from the fact he could get points off the bench today, the likelihood has now increased that he will start midweek against Shaktar which could be a cricket score.

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Gooner66 wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 14:24 Aside from the fact he could get points off the bench today, the likelihood has now increased that he will start midweek against Shaktar which could be a cricket score.

Thats very true, always think of Shaktar as being a tough side I know they won 0-3 last time out, my only problem is its Pedro Im replacing, anyone expect him to play against Bate midweek? I'm leaning towards hodling tight and saving the transfer ...queue Mahrez double and assist :lol:

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Yep, fair point. If Hazard reports are true you would expect Pedro to get game time today and surely start in Bate.

However, I just think that Mahrez's current form is far more compelling than Pedro's.

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Gooner66 wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 14:55 Yep, fair point. If Hazard reports are true you would expect Pedro to get game time today and surely start in Bate.

However, I just think that Mahrez's current form is far more compelling than Pedro's.
Lucky with Pedro starting I guess, not sure if he'll do much? possibly subbed early for Hazard, would be nice if he plays mideek also! with City cruising I wonder if Mahrez will get on today?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”