To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Are prices changing tomorrow?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
gray821
Treebeard

Are prices changing tomorrow?

Post by gray821 »

Apologies for the dumb question. I haven’t really been paying attention to the game this year. I guess the real question is do I need to make transfers tonight?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: Are prices changing tomorrow?

Post by bloggie »

Yes

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Why make any transfers when there's an international break & no PL this weekend...don't get it :?: 🤔

gray821
Treebeard

Post by gray821 »

I think I had it wrong...I was thinking about making the transfers before the price rises...but I guess now they go through at the same time so I wouldn’t get the change anyway? Sorry guys having a bad week my head is smashed...

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

It might be a good time to make transfers if you have some risers to replace some possible decliners but you'd weigh that up against possible international injuries.

wolviebob
FISOhead
FS Record: King(s) of LWDT 2015-16; 'King of LWDT' 2014-15LWDT 'Hardly Mr Average' 2014-15; Fading star...

Post by wolviebob »

How do you see the price increase or decrease for a player for that week? What time do they normally do it? Thanks

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Usually about 7-07:30 I think

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

If you click on each player (teams/points page) you'll either see -100k (red) means they've dropped or 100k (green) means they've increased

Stats centre page shows you all players

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

gray821 wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 22:07 I think I had it wrong...I was thinking about making the transfers before the price rises...but I guess now they go through at the same time so I wouldn’t get the change anyway? Sorry guys having a bad week my head is smashed...
No you had it correct first time.

A transfer you potentially were planning to make yesterday may now not be affordable, it could now be a 0.2m swing.

LFC questions why would you make transfers during this game week above ?... of course there’s a slight risk of injury whilst on International duty but it might be the difference between grabbing a player and seeing him sail off into the distance price wise 🤷‍♂️

wolviebob
FISOhead
FS Record: King(s) of LWDT 2015-16; 'King of LWDT' 2014-15LWDT 'Hardly Mr Average' 2014-15; Fading star...

Post by wolviebob »

EPG - are you saying there will be price increases and decreases next Friday as well? I try to read the t and c but can’t really manage to understand them :?

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

No there won’t be any next week Wolvie

An example is this let’s say you wanted to swap Moura 3.5m➡️B Silva 3.7m and you had 0.2m in the bank this would have been possible on Thursday night, if you now try and make the move after the price changes have happened it’s now not possible, Moura is 3.4m and Silva 3.8m your 0.2 in the bank isn’t enough 🤷‍♂️, surly a lot of people are using this tactic and it’s not a secret or something new, as stated in the post above it can be the difference between grabbing a player or missing out for a long time, people have argued the 0.1m swing won’t be so influential this year as compared to last year, im not so sure in most cases your normally talking a 0.2m swing anyway, give it 2-3 weeks that can quite easily turn into 0.4m-0.6m swings, I hope this helps 👍

wolviebob
FISOhead

Post by wolviebob »

Thanks epg. That clears it up 👍 nicely!

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 16:51 No there won’t be any next week Wolvie

An example is this let’s say you wanted to swap Moura 3.5m➡️B Silva 3.7m and you had 0.2m in the bank this would have been possible on Thursday night, if you now try and make the move after the price changes have happened it’s now not possible, Moura is 3.4m and Silva 3.8m your 0.2 in the bank isn’t enough 🤷‍♂️, surly a lot of people are using this tactic and it’s not a secret or something new, as stated in the post above it can be the difference between grabbing a player or missing out for a long time, people have argued the 0.1m swing won’t be so influential this year as compared to last year, im not so sure in most cases your normally talking a 0.2m swing anyway, give it 2-3 weeks that can quite easily turn into 0.4m-0.6m swings, I hope this helps 👍
Yep it very much affects your teams, I also said this from the start. The difference in total team value/budget is already significant in teams. Pre planning is important around the new transfer allocation for sure and I made a few transfers yesterday for the reasons you stated

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

It's always going to be risk v reward with prices. And in this aspect of dream team it's luck. People may claim it's skill but no one can control and injury. I have zaha in one team. Made sense to swap to say Sigurddson (everton). Did I do it. No. Because for 0.2m swing the risk wasn't worth it. Last year 0.6 swings it was.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Totally disagree, teams already worth over 54m, I have a team worth less than 50m and I'm sure there are plenty worth less, it has no chance.

It's possible to gain .6m in a week, over a month 1.5m presuming you took out 3 players who went down and replaced with players that went up over the month. It's a huge difference! In the long run over 2 or 3 months it's the difference between to average players and 2 quality players pointswise.

My elite team has continued to be upgraded for example as I gained in value, my defence can now be improved if I want while keeping a better midfield than I started with or I can upgrade my midfield further!

Without chasing the budget rises this wouldn't be possible.

Everyone now knows who the value players are, the advantage surely lies with those who can have them plus the extra premium players due to any budget gained.

Fpl players only rise by 0.1m a week, I know very little about the game really but I bet a seasoned for player would argue it's crucial to be gaining budget on a regular basis.

Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it!

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

But your rising player doesn't always mean he scores more than the falling player. Time will tell the best moves but Kane not so long ago looked bad. At the moment Salah is on the drop. Many will avoid him because of it. But he could easily bang 40 points this month.

You can beat skill. But you can't beat luck. And to win money on dream team you need both.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

We are talking about price rises, what's luck got to do with that, obviously bar the odd glaring error :D

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

You say some may avoid salah because he's on the drop, maybe those who have gained budget well since the season could bring him him easier at a reduced price now when the games look nice whereas others would still need to make a sacrifice elsewhere or leave him out

Help12345
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 0

Post by Help12345 »

Can someone tell me why I am unable to reverse transfer? I made transfer last week but was looking to change it today but can't and not sure why as no games have been played this week

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

There is a cut off every Friday morning at 7-7.30am. After that you can't change a transfer made before.

Otherwise I would have thought it would be very confusing to the system if the players have changed values.

Mind you I think it still applies this week, when there are no price changes.

Help12345
Kevin and Perry

Post by Help12345 »

So will o be able to reverse transfer before week is out?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Help12345 wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 16:24 So will o be able to reverse transfer before week is out?
Transfers can be reversed until the earlier of two events occurs. (i) the team of either player involved in the transfer plays and (ii) the transfer week in which the transfer was made finishes, i.e. we reach the next Friday morning at approx. 7 am. Follow that logic and you won't need to ask again.

Help12345
Kevin and Perry

Post by Help12345 »

Sorry to sound stupid but does that mean I will be able to change after 7am Friday?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Any transfer that you've already made this transfer week, i.e. since last Friday morning and any transfer that you make up until very early this coming Friday morning can be changed or cancelled up until around 7 am this coming Friday, but once the next transfer week commences at around 7 am those transfers can't be changed.

IMO it would make sense to cancel any pending transfers now, as you will be better informed when you make transfers at the weekend. The only reasons for making advance transfers are (i) you expect impending price changes to go against you, (and this week there shouldn't be any as I understand the rules), or (ii) you're facing an end of month "use them or lose them" situation, and when I last looked we're still in the middle of October.

Help12345
Kevin and Perry

Post by Help12345 »

That's why I'm confused I made a transfer last Friday so it is no longer pending but I assumed as there are no games played this week that I would be able to reverse it which it is not allowing me. So I'm asking if I will be able to come Friday when it's a new game week as no one has played

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

If you made a transfer long after 7am last Friday, I'm also confused that you can't reverse it. As regards your question, a game week is a game week irrespective of whether there are any games. So a currently pending transfer will be locked in on Friday morning.

Help12345
Kevin and Perry

Post by Help12345 »

The transfer itself I made before Friday but obviously didn't occur until Friday! But was under the impression that as long as neither player had played I could reverse it until they had? I'm assuming I was wrong?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

One game week finishes, transfers get finalised and locked in. New week starts. No going back after the new game week starts (regardless of games being played (or not).

As per the above post whichever occurs first;

(i) the team of either player involved in the transfer plays or (ii) the transfer week in which the transfer was made finishes, i.e. we reach the next Friday morning at approx 7am

Ergo you made your transfer in GW7; at 7am Friday 12th, GW8 started

GW numbers selected for illustration, I’ve no idea what GW were on.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”