To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Re: At home with the Byroms

Post by sparx14 »

There could also be issues in future.

if not colliding now, it's possible that by the last week of the season Mr Fantasy and Mrs Fantasy are joint 1st with Mrs Other and all three have identical teams and 1 transfer left.

Even if not colluding up until that point, it would be very difficult for most of us, with so much money on the line, not to work together to at least ensure we don't transfer the same player in with the last transfer.

Therefore genuine individual entries could become a joint entry later on during the season...

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Quigley and O Grady diversed on final transfers to make it harder for me to cover basis. That was after a repetition of identical transfers in the months prior, some strange ones too at times, imo.

They managed to head me on cup final day but Mane gave it back to them in spades on Champions League night 8-)

Shame they still profited though as what they were doing, especially with Jpks revelations, was as bent as arseholes, so as the Karate Kid states, cheats do prosper sometimes, even with a stack of circumstantial against them.

Even more interestingly Margaret Quigley hasn't entered the game this season, now theres a shock.

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

Post by Striker »

I don't often agree 100% with Dot, but I certainly do on this issue.

The Sun's 10 entry rule is sensible if it is enforced but a nonsense if it's not.

A proper audit of winners' entries and their history and of entries suspected of being "controlled" by the same person isn't rocket science. But if the Dream Team guys aren't capable of identifying cheats and disqualifying them, they should scrap the rule.

People who cheat at something which doesn't really matter like fantasy football clearly are lacking a moral compass. One wonders how they operate in areas of life which really matter as I'm sure that their selfishness isn't confined just to Fantasy. If they were on a sinking ship, I doubt that they would be observing the women and children first rule. You' either have integrity or you don't.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Can't jpk look at times of original entry and stuff....

That would provide a clue as per the sequential entering of those accused last year....

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Top 100

Backlash wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 18:35 Well the Backlash family are clear 😎

Loving your work Frank, give regards to Pat.
Has Louise packed in? She was flying in 2016 in main game and Europe.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Dot wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 23:30 50 teams without a Hazard :shock: :shock: :shock:
Everything yourself/ striker and others have said regarding cheating/ last year I agree with but with a quick glance at those teams not so sure I agree with the attack on byrom.

If all 5 members are genuine players and have a knowledge of the game, then no hazard in all 10 teams isn't beyond reasonable seeing as he was likely not to play the first weekend.

If I wanted to collude I think the teams would look more identical and far more different block approaches.

Lets pick 5 good players of here and post there initial teams and see what the combinations bring up.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

You can of course argue about 'good'

In sun I don't consider myself that bracket...... But the starting 11s of the big balls league I guess is a decent approximation

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

robot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 09:39
If all 5 members are genuine players and have a knowledge of the game, then no hazard in all 10 teams isn't beyond reasonable seeing as he was likely not to play the first weekend.
Yet with 6 transfers since the season start none of them have taken a gamble on getting in the highest scoring player in the game 😂

With such a competitive family you’d assume they’re in mini league? Regardless, surely someone wants to get one over the their dad/spouse/father-in-law. Imagine having Hazard available as a differential.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

These were the starting teams I think. In which case no surprise hazard does not feature....

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

tbf at least he's not a James Maye whatever the weather.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 10:02 These were the starting teams I think. In which case no surprise hazard does not feature....
Kane, Kdb and Pogba are scattered around. They all went deep in WC..

I initially had 10/10 KDBs till the injury
10 salahs
6 Hazard
4 Kane's
4 Agueros
In my original starting 10

Probably explains my slow start I guess.

I think 5 different people, with differing mindsets will still include a Star in at least 1 team in their 10

If you apply the logic that all world Cup players ,that went deep won't play the start,I could agree.

Fwiw Hazard featured in the ist game and got 5 pts.

Last season's points totals

412 Salah
376 Kane
284 KDB
281 Hazard
280 Firmino
277 Aguero

Didn't want to be without superstars
Last edited by Dot on 24 Sep 2018, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 10:02 These were the starting teams I think. In which case no surprise hazard does not feature....
Apologies... I’ll get back in my box.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Why don't they do 20. for those that just find it too hard not to cheat when it's at 10. The 20 is total defence cover.
I had nothing but admiration to those that did this when it was postal transfers. Not that most of them never won anything.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

At the end if the day, until the Sun enforce their own rules, and start outing players that "IN THEIR OPINION", are breaching their own T's & C's then their game will continue to be riddled with cheats and chancers and people making a mockery of their rules ; especially whilst the game remains free.

SECTION 14.

14.1 GENERAL
You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Any winnings under your Account will be yours (except for any winnings that are deemed void or forfeited by the Promoter).
It is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Account information. We cannot reverse any team selections or transfers that may have been made in error or which you believe were made by someone who was not authorised to do so.
You must manage your own Account and entries. If we suspect that a third party (including a family member or friend) is using your Account we may disqualify you or your entry/entries from the Game and you will not be eligible to win or collect any prizes.
No automated process of any kind may be used in any way to facilitate any element of Game entry, transfers, or administration.
Where there is any evidence, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, that a group of individuals or organizations combine or make a joint effort to win any prize could result in some or all entries being declared void in accordance with these Game Rules. For example, this can include entering multiple family members in order to maximise the number of entrants that you manage (individually or collectively) in the Competition.
Any activity of any kind which is deemed by the Promoter, in our sole opinion, not to be in the spirit of the Game or which gives any unfair advantage could result in all, or some, entries being declared void by the Promoter.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to close entry to the Game, via some or all of the Website and/or App, either temporarily or permanently, without prior warning.
If an entrant is in breach of any of these Game Rules and those on the Website and/or App the Promoter reserves the right to exclude such entrant from the Game and/or to declare any or all of such entrant’s entries void without notice. For the avoidance of doubt, void entries cannot win any prizes. If such invalidated prizes have already been paid out then you must immediately repay the full amount of that prize to us.
If you breach the Game Rules or suspected by us of committing any fraudulent or illegal activity you will be disqualified from the Game and not eligible to win or collect any prizes. Subject to your statutory rights, you will not be entitled to any amounts held in your Account.
When you play the Game, your information will be used by News Group Newspapers Limited (publisher of The Sun), for the purposes of administration, analytics, and marketing (with your consent), and in accordance with the privacy policy atwww.newsprivacy.co.uk.
We may share the information we hold on you, including your personal information with regulators, sporting bodies, the police, other law enforcement bodies and any other bodies necessary in order to investigate fraud, money laundering or sports integrity issues and to comply with our regulatory duties.
Staff of the Promoter, Fan Hub Media UK Limited, and any associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies of News Corp UK; Ireland Limited, Fan Hub Media UK Ltd. and their families, agents and any person connected with the Game may enter the Game (and be visible in leaderboards) but are excluded from winning any prizes in the Game.

Entry to the Game opens on 20 July 2018 and will remain open for the duration of the Game.
In respect of the operation of the Game and interpretation of these Game Rules, our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into unless you instigate the complaints procedure set out above in Section 13.1.
The Game Rules and any document expressly referred to in them and any guidelines or rules posted on our Website and/or App represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of the Game Rules and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether spoken or in writing.
If there is any inconsistency between the advertising/promotional copy related to the Game and these Game Rules then these Game Rules will apply.
The Game Rules will be interpreted in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If there is any error with the point scoring or any other information provided in connection with the Game then we may correct such error at any time and will not be liable for that error and may withhold, reclaim or invalidate prizes.
There are no alternatives to the prizes stated and the prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of any prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.

14.2 CHANGES TO THE GAME RULES AND NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We reserve the right to amend and/or waive all or part of these Game Rules at any time and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result of those changes.
When the Promoter makes changes to these Game Rules it will post a notice on the Website and/or App. If you do not agree to those changes, please do not continue to use the Website and/or App. Your continued use of the Website and/or App constitutes ongoing acceptance of these Game Rules and the documents referred to in these Game Rules as they are updated from time to time.

--------

Think it would be easier to revert to a paying for entry game ( whilst still having the free game) with a limit per family/ household in some way, with enforced rules for a change.

In that way alot of the so called/ accused multis, might not be happy shelling out hundreds of pounds to enter under various guises knowing that there is something to lose, when and if they are found in breach of the rules as set out in the Suns game.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

if you click on a team now either through the "top 100" screen or the "search managers" screen, it will show you the date and time when that team was created on dreamteams server

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Wait till Macca sees this, looks like another late night. 8-)

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

ffstuff wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 13:40 if you click on a team now either through the "top 100" screen or the "search managers" screen, it will show you the date and time when that team was created on dreamteams server
It does on the top 100 screen,but when i type a name in the "search managers box it now comes up 0 managers & doesn't show me anything now.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

strange .. it works fine for me and can see several users accessing the searchmanagers page at the moment

anyone else having issues?
Last edited by ffstuff on 24 Sep 2018, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

nope looks good to me

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Working now👍

summer is over
Kevin and Perry

Post by summer is over »

It's strange how everyone is picking on the Byroms

Let's be honest - JPK has been breaching/hacking? the sun's database for years and now ffstuff is going the extra mile, yet nobody ever complains about this cheating and infringement of another companies website because you benefit from it.

For all we know - JPK could have found out what the Quigley's transfers were last season before they were made (I'm sure he'll claim this isn't possible) and then he could have fed that information to his friend Mark Lawlor AKA dot who won the game, who knows what kind of other information is being fed amongst the inner circle of friends on here?

Hope the moderators don't delete this post because it's a fair comment and people are free to reply.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

this has only just exercised you enough to join up and complain? forgive my suspicion but it seems an odd topic to launch yourself into.

i have no idea what is or isnt possible once you are into the back end of the suns database... I have previously joked about his grease monkey extension being a means to infiltrate all our machines... but if it were there is probably more devious uses he could put it to without announcing it on a forum dedicated to playing the game....

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

summer is over wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 14:31 It's strange how everyone is picking on the Byroms

Let's be honest - JPK has been breaching/hacking? the sun's database for years and now ffstuff is going the extra mile, yet nobody ever complains about this cheating and infringement of another companies website because you benefit from it.

For all we know - JPK could have found out what the Quigley's transfers were last season before they were made (I'm sure he'll claim this isn't possible) and then he could have fed that information to his friend Mark Lawlor AKA dot who won the game, who knows what kind of other information is being fed amongst the inner circle of friends on here?

Hope the moderators don't delete this post because it's a fair comment and people are free to reply.
Ironside, hello Rob, ows ur wheels?

I wish he did, I cud have enjoyed my last week in the reef more.

All's well that ends well though eh?

Ps are you James Maye Rob?

After all u've created more accounts than even he has so u have to be a contender

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

summer is over wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 14:31 Let's be honest - JPK has been breaching/hacking? the sun's database for years and now ffstuff is going the extra mile, yet nobody ever complains about this cheating and infringement of another companies website because you benefit from it.
Let’s be clear, there is no breaching or hacking of any databases going on by either JPK of FFSTUFF. They are only able to access the information that is published on the Sun’s website which is publicly available to anyone with a web browser.

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

Everything yourself/ striker and others have said regarding cheating/ last year I agree with but with a quick glance at those teams not so sure I agree with the attack on byrom.

If I wanted to collude I think the teams would look more identical and far more different block approaches.

Lets pick 5 good players of here and post there initial teams and see what the combinations bring up.
How they started is not the biggest give away here. Its how how similar all the teams are NOW. And look at the players that have been brought in for ALL 5 accounts. They are REMARKABLY similar.

summer is over
Kevin and Perry

Post by summer is over »

This is at the very least immoral. I can’t see where time of entries is published on their website or how many transfers they have left or transfer history etc - but wherever it is, it’s not published in a way in which it is meant to be accessed by the public and if it were, they’d be clear navigation links, you’d have to be an IT wizz to a) unlock/find the info and b) collate the info and list it the way ffstuff has on his website.

Do you all honestly believe JPK has not been feeding info to certain posters and do you all believe that he and ffstuff cannot find out which transfers a a player has made before they’re seen by KO of match day? The irony of dot to complain about Margaret and co when he probably knew thanks to jpk what they were going to do anyway.

I have previously joked about his grease monkey extension being a means to infiltrate all our machine

John-Paul Knight could well be doing that, who knows.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Jules wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:12
summer is over wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 14:31 Let's be honest - JPK has been breaching/hacking? the sun's database for years and now ffstuff is going the extra mile, yet nobody ever complains about this cheating and infringement of another companies website because you benefit from it.
Let’s be clear, there is no breaching or hacking of any databases going on by either JPK of FFSTUFF. They are only able to access the information that is published on the Sun’s website which is publicly available to anyone with a web browser.
You cant see (other than your own) what £ players have left In The Bank.!!

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Yes you can. You subtract team value from salary cap

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

thekaratekid wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:19

How they started is not the biggest give away here. Its how how similar all the teams are NOW. And look at the players that have been brought in for ALL 5 accounts. They are REMARKABLY similar.
And what do you think of Michael Byroms re-named teams since your posts

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

Presumably you can work out how much is in the bank based on the starting team and the transfers + timing of the transfers that have been made, provided you don't have a life and are quick on the calculator?

I've never worked out how to get my own teams total value before (without individually adding up all the players which I've never got round to doing) so Frank's tool knows more about my teams than I do :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”