To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
ragamuffin
Treebeard
FS Record: good

Re: Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

Post by ragamuffin »

Dot wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 10:11
ragamuffin wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 09:34 Playing devil’s advocate here. If these guy wife’s are ‘playing’ it’s not against the rules to have two accounts in the same house hold is it? Technically as long as the wife has knowledge of the account being opened in her name and permission given to help her team (no matter how much you are helping) is its still within the rules. So nothing can be done basically.

Not wishing to be rude Rag but what part of the rules don't u understand?

You must manage your own Account and entries. IF WE SUSPECT that a third party (including a FAMILY member or friend) is using your Account we may disqualify you or your entry/entries from the Game and you will not be eligible to win or collect any prizes.
No automated process of any kind may be used in any way to facilitate any element of Game entry, transfers, or administration.
Where there is any evidence, IN THE SOLE OPINION OF THE PROMOTER, that a group of individuals or organizations combine or make a joint effort to win any prize could result in some or all entries being declared void in accordance with these Game Rules. For example, this can include entering multiple family members in order to maximise the number of entrants that you manage (individually or collectively) in the Competition.
Any activity of any kind which is deemed by the Promoter, IN OUR SOLE OPINION not to be in the spirit of the Game or which gives any unfair advantage could result in all, or some, entries being declared void by the Promoter.

In a nutshell the Sun had the wording similar last year,but never had the nallacks or the inclination thru hassle, to bother to disqualify some that finished in the top 10 , when basically they were provided with enough evidence by myself amongst others.

I won FAIR N SQUARE, probably saved them the bother of legal costs of having to disqualfy others

This year the rules clearly state that if in THEIR OPINION they have enough circumstantial THEY CAN DISQUALIFY AN INDIVUDUAL , with no recourse.
It's their game and if you don't like the rules, don't play is basically my interpretation.

Of course, whether they can be bovved to throw someone out who is definately bent ( thanks to FF tool breakdown) is another matter. They didn't last year, so why would they this year.
That a major prizewinner from last year didn't enter this year, arouses the suspicion that they were only paid out last year on the condition they were banned from the game this year ( that's my reading) along with fact that they never publicised the winners of last seasons comp in the paper of asked for a picture and interview from me.

That's a First. Why not publicise the winner of a newspaper comp in your own paper.

The plot thickens eh

Lastly, fwiw a clown called James Maye was entering several hundred teams into the weekender for monrhs when the maximum entry is 1!

The Sun did eventually disqualify him from.the game.
But there are still plenty of others that are entering numerous teams into the weejenser they have left alone, so far. Perhaps it's James Maye again under various aliases.

It ain't difficult to spot patterns, even without FF tool. It wasn't around last year remember.

The Sun can do what they like, if they like, if they can be bovved.

Personally I don't think they can, but you can be show if there's a whiff of a dodgy team, they again won't publicise winners, imo

Dot
Fair enough Dot. Your theory is quite interesting and makes sense. Everyone involved in the backend of the game is about as incompetent as I have ever seen so not surprised at all they cant be arsed with all this. It would just be a hassle for them so if they can ignore they will.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Indirectly (fwiw) the Sun knew cheating was going on last year, but legally they couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
This year with prize fund dropped by a whopping 50k ( just lopped off ist prize, so I got lucky last year not missing that out) I can't see them endorsing their rules.

Regardless of 1 million plus entries again they seem not to give a toss imo.
To see who won their game last year you might find my name from this website or congrats on Twitter from posters on here.

You won't find any article written in the Sun, very strange eh, they did interview me the week before over the phone whilst I was abroad in Tenerife on holiday for a summise on my thoughts and my picks throughout the season. The interview was several minutes, and they didn't stick everything in that I talked about as i did voice my disgust having to beat people obviously cheating in my eyes.
Even stranger I wasn't even in ist place at the time, I had been relegated to 2nd for the ist time in 3 months. I would have preferred to have read an interview with Margeret Quigley and discover her football knowledge, now that would gave been an interesting read dont you think. Might have been a Mrs Brown conversation, a man impersonating a woman.

Perhaps they did phone Dublin but he got stuck on a few basic football questions like who is Mo Salah. :shock: They put my interview on the fantasy page Instead. :?

Does make u wonder wouldn't you say or am I just a suspicious old tusser..... personally it's both.

Been playing the Sun game over 20 years ,i know whose a multi and whose eff cheating, trust me :wink:

I would dig deeper this year but being around 800th I'm taking a Sun legal stance.

Can't be bovved. ( at the moment)

ragamuffin
Treebeard
FS Record: good

Post by ragamuffin »

Yeh congrats on winning mate I was rooting for you as I was aware of what was going on during that time. Hope you have invested the money wisely – can only dream of them type of winnings.

From a business point of view the SDT game is small fish for them so investing time/money into that won’t be worth their while so to shrug it off and keep it hush is the best option in there book. Keeping you on the hush someone who won fair and square furthers backs that up. They just want to keep it under the radar especially from the ‘authorities’

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Loads of cheating in sun and sky over the years since restrictions on entries. There are a number of family names which arouse my suspicion in both games and even between the games as one can give a clue to the other. Some who are obvious cheats and some operating in the grey areas.
Tff used to be same when monthly wins were limited to one per person. Tff one league this year is riddled with cheats though, fricker, ashall etc. Some of the league of leagues even set up with family member's :roll:

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

This cheating has a massive impact on peoples decisions. To win do you have to catch Cathy Whittle or not? Will she get disqualified?
Looking at the leaderboard its easy to catch third place but not so much first.
Are you chasing Blademan on 1753 as the top Man City block or our Cathy on 1813?
It has a huge impact on whether you could still go to Man City block or move away from it.
Its hard enough trying to plan when you know which team you are trying to catch. Nevermind when you dont.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Play the game to beat the table as it is. Don't count on people getting disqualified as it may not happen and you may not even be able to prove it. What position are you in? Obviously your close enough to care about it but if I were you keep plugging away and whatever way the land lies in may so be it

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

Do I have to catch him / her or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

kennyboy28
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Daily Record Fantasy Football 2006/07

Post by kennyboy28 »

Blademan wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 19:51 Do I have to catch him / her or not 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just catch me and you’ll win 😜😜😜

summer is over
Kevin and Perry

Post by summer is over »

Wags are normally doing well this time of year, nevermind lads, maybe next season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”