To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

drop kane or salah

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Re: drop kane or salah

Post by Jules »

ronny10 wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 07:47 What if Kane goes on a points surge in the next week or 2 :P
It's possible with any top player, but from what I've seen of him and Spurs lately, it seems unlikely.

Kane's upcoming fixtures:

AWAY at Inter Milan - Won't score
AWAY at Brighton - Might score 1
Home (Wembley) to Watford (EFL Cup) - Won't be in the squad.
AWAY at Huddersfield - Might score 1 or maybe even 2. Will be subbed off to rest him ahead of Barcelona game.
Home (Wembley) to Barcelona - Won't score

=== OCTOBER TRANSFER WINDOW ===

Home (Wembley) to Cardiff City - Will score 1, might score 2
AWAY at West Ham - Might score 1
AWAY at PSV - Might score 1
Home (back at WHL) to Man City - Won't score, though first game back at WHL might inspire him.

=== NOVEMBER TRANSFER WINDOW ===

So, five away games and four at home, three of which are at Wembley. I think at best he'll have 4 goals in September (though I predict it'll be just the one) and then in October he might also have 4 goals, but I predict just two. November's fixtures aren't that much more appealing, but I'll probably bring him in for those.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

spurs in general have to pick up the pace and then maybe kane will be off and away again

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

The point is, any sort of run he goes on could result in .1 rises which would then kill a lot of teams, yes he could drop and help get him in in the future but I just think it's a massive gamble.

The same applies to salah but he does actually look like he could score a few at any time, granted unlike Kane atm.

I've not looked to see how much coverage of both is in the leading teams, I'm guessing not as many as you would expect normally so you could argue that having both could help close the gap on the leaders. I also imagine any leading teams without them worry every time they play!

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I've just check using ffs knew top 100 thingy, great work by the way, exactly 50 salah in the top 100 and only 9 Kane, the highest being in 27th.

So I'm guessing any sort of return to form from both could see big changes on the leaderboard

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

the-postman wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 10:02 spurs in general have to pick up the pace and then maybe kane will be off and away again
I imagine the return of son could have an effect, especially with kanes positioning

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-

Post by the-postman »

ronny10 wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 10:22
the-postman wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 10:02 spurs in general have to pick up the pace and then maybe kane will be off and away again
I imagine the return of son could have an effect, especially with kanes positioning
obviously things can change quickly but Saturday at best you would call them inept..very odd after blitzing utd in the 2nd half followed by a cave in Watford
spurs have been super efficient under pocchetino..very odd mark and hard to explain

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said it would be "crazy" not to play Harry Kane against Inter Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday.

England striker Kane struggled to make an impact in Saturday's Premier League home defeat to Liverpool but has denied that he is suffering from burnout after the World Cup.

And Pochettino, speaking at a news conference ahead of the game at the San Siro, said Kane -- who has scored twice in the Premier League this season -- would be starting.

"I think we would be crazy to think different. I don't know what you expect from me, or what you think my answer should be," he said.

"He's one of the best strikers in the world. I don't care that he wasn't great [against Liverpool]. He's going to score goals and he's going to perform in the way that we want and expect, no problem."

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Moura and Kane are now playing up top together , a switch from the usual formation . It looks like the main reason for Kane’s drop in output . Depends on if the manager thinks this is the future ... ?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I would agree, Kane isn't the quickest, moura offers that threat and it's clear he's been asked to try and make those runs through the middle offering something a bit different possibly. Without son, apart from the full backs, the width hasn't been as effective especially when asking Kane to make those runs and effectively eliminating his usual threat in the middle.

Yo could argue it was a similar thing with England having sterling mainly central with width from the fullbacks.
It doesn't take away the fact that he has looked off the boil but is that just because over the last couple of months with England and spurs he just hasn't been able to play his usual position, maybe making runs he hasn't previously been asked to make and feeling the effects in games now.

Time will tell if son does make a difference but over relience on fullbacks these days does seem to take something away from the main striker especially when that is the main source of width, countering with that team shape often sees the main striker run in the channels as that's where the space is.

Liverpool do It superbly but they have a front 3 perfectly suited to it and don't rely on the fullbacks getting forward as quickly, but they do when they can, as salah and mane provide the natural width very early in a counter attack, spurs don't have the players or the shape to the team to offer the same threat atm, maybe sons return could change that!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

It's time to hide behind the sofa for the next 4 hours.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

You can come out now, their so last year those two :lol:

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

Kane needs a rest v Brighton.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Not a thing to worry about - don't know why I bothered hiding :D

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Would expect salah to get a rest at home to Southampton, think klopp would like to have a good go at winning something this year even if it's the Mickey Mouse cup, so expect a strongish line up against Chelsea next midweek

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Jules wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 09:49
ronny10 wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 07:47 What if Kane goes on a points surge in the next week or 2 :P
It's possible with any top player, but from what I've seen of him and Spurs lately, it seems unlikely.

Kane's upcoming fixtures:

AWAY at Inter Milan - Won't score * DIDN'T SCORE
AWAY at Brighton - Might score 1 * SCORED 1
Home (Wembley) to Watford (EFL Cup) - Won't be in the squad. * NOT IN SQUAD
AWAY at Huddersfield - Might score 1 or maybe even 2. Will be subbed off to rest him ahead of Barcelona game. * SCORED 2
Home (Wembley) to Barcelona - Won't score * SCORED 1

=== OCTOBER TRANSFER WINDOW ===

Home (Wembley) to Cardiff City - Will score 1, might score 2 * DIDN'T SCORE
AWAY at West Ham - Might score 1 * DIDN'T SCORE
AWAY at PSV - Might score 1 * SCORED 1
Home (back at WHL) to Man City - Won't score, though first game back at WHL might inspire him. * DIDN'T SCORE

=== NOVEMBER TRANSFER WINDOW ===

So, five away games and four at home, three of which are at Wembley. I think at best he'll have 4 goals in September (though I predict it'll be just the one) and then in October he might also have 4 goals, but I predict just two. November's fixtures aren't that much more appealing, but I'll probably bring him in for those.
So Kane scored 5 goals over that period of 9 games, which was better than I predicted. I actually brought him into my best team during the October transfer window thinking he seemed to be picking up form and both Cardiff and West Ham could have been high point scoring games, but looking back, I probably should have gone with my gut instincts and left him out until after the City game. Having said that, Spurs don't have the easiest run in November, but then all of the top teams have some tough games so it's swings and roundabouts.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”