To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Top 100

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Re: Top 100

Post by Nightowl »

Only 16 Kane's in top 100 last time I looked, could be a nice differential when spurs knock city out of the cl :lol:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

So I have 2100 points on the nose with 2 transfers used and a plan to use the 3rd this coming Friday which will give me 6 players which should on a whole be fundamentally different to the top tens.

I'm circa 140 points behind tenth spot and I have worked out that if each of my players can score an average of 4 points more than the top tens pick each game I can catch them (also able to differentiate more for the last two games of May so may even be closer to 3 points more per game).

With that said Clem made the point that the top ten have the best players so defo a tall order but defo not impossible.

Will be fun if my differentials do start to pick up some traction.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Just 4 points per game per player over and above the highest scoring players?
Unless City and pool squads are struck by the plague I would say chances are slim.
No doubt there will be 1-2 which achieve this and form the basis of strategic genius

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I plan on being the 1 or 2

I have kept the same core so not as to
load complete traction(I.e the Liverpool defence) and imop core players such as sterling but have dropped aguero for instance for a strategic wild card knowing that whilst he will be back for the CL games that spurs should be tough opposition and hopefully a low scoring game.

It’s going to be tough to out score the likes of hazard by in average 4 points per game but it can be done.

The top teams are all stuck with their lot as it would take a very brave or stupid manager to differentiate whilst in the top 10 and thus meaning it’s easier to predic their teams and transfers.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I plan on being the 1 or 2

I have kept the same core so not as to
lose complete traction(I.e the Liverpool defence) and imop core players such as sterling but have dropped aguero for instance for a strategic wild card knowing that whilst he will be back for the CL games that spurs should be tough opposition and hopefully a low scoring game.

It’s going to be tough to out score the likes of hazard by in average 4 points per game but it can be done.

The top teams are all stuck with their lot as it would take a very brave or stupid manager to differentiate whilst in the top 10 and thus means it’s easier to predict their teams and transfers.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

1 or 2 players... Not 1 or 2 managers

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

RickyRosa wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 08:37 So I have 2100 points on the nose with 2 transfers used and a plan to use the 3rd this coming Friday which will give me 6 players which should on a whole be fundamentally different to the top tens.

I'm circa 140 points behind tenth spot and I have worked out that if each of my players can score an average of 4 points more than the top tens pick each game I can catch them (also able to differentiate more for the last two games of May so may even be closer to 3 points more per game).

With that said Clem made the point that the top ten have the best players so defo a tall order but defo not impossible.

Tottenham based players Ricky?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RickyRosa wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 08:37 So I have 2100 points on the nose with 2 transfers used and a plan to use the 3rd this coming Friday which will give me 6 players which should on a whole be fundamentally different to the top tens.

The only 6 players which could be fundamentally different to the top 100 or even top 10s would be 6 players the Sun adds to the game :wink: ( that ain't happening)

Even my sleuthing cant confirm which 2 transfers you claim you have already made this month but with 3.5 million in the bank you could pick anyone. My guess is you have already plunged on Kane and 1 other, hence why the transfers you claim you have made are not showing.

Having a team that doesn't contain 2 of the current top 4 scoring players in the game ain't going nowhere either.

I'll give you a tip, many managers will be watching tom nite's result between Spurs v City with interest as if Spurs get a favourable result, even more manager's than I would expect will be taking the plunge on Kane before the forthcoming game with Huddesfield.
To add to that 17 of the current top 20 are in a position to switch to Kane if they so desire. Hazy nine has spunked all 3 of his transfers this month, Magicinio's & George of the Jungle couldn't afford him having just the 1 transfer left. George even forgot or ignored to use a spare transfer from last month whilst holding Zinchenko :oops:

A differential in the last few games would have been Vardy or Deeney (26 pts in 2 games or Vardy 46 in 4 games) Theres no Deeneys in the top 100 and just the 2 Vardys, one being held by Backlash whose gone from 58th to 51st.. You aint making headway.

To sum up your in Position 568th, 5 points only ahead of my best team and a country mile behind Kenny (196 pts) or 10th (141 pts) . I don't fancy your chances even beating me :wink:

Imo you dont want to be without a transfer left in April with most of the month left and that will be another mistake you make, like in a previous month when your ejaculating your load too early.

Take it as a learning curve the blunders( yes blunders) you have made this season, as with abit more thought and keeping it simple you could have remained with the pack and then made your move around now, whilst still being in the top 30 and with reasonable ambitions to get some BIG money.

you wont be scratching the top 250 mate and neither will i.

Rick theres Blind optimism and thers "Away with the Fairies" and i'm afraid your in the latter boat mate.

Dot

note, I made this post before I saw your above post where you've all but admitted you have taken the plunge on Kane. You wont be laughing next week when you see the Kane ownership if they do ok tom nite.
there's a lot of duff managers above you, but theres more good ones imo.
Last edited by Dot on 08 Apr 2019, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Dot, are you saying that just a few points behind Ricky that you dont believe :shock:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

ronny10 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 11:22 Dot, are you saying that just a few points behind Ricky that you dont believe :shock:

No i'm from planet earth and live in the real world.

Theres as much chance of Ricky finishing in the top 50 as Brexit happening. ( although that been a complete carve up but easy to predict)
Last edited by Dot on 08 Apr 2019, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017

Post by plevna1963 »

Would say Ricky's gone/thinking:
Milner/Mane :arrow: Eriksen/Ali
Aguero :arrow: Kane/Son.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

I've 2 teams ahead of Ricky.... One with plenty cash in bank... I will be 'pleased' if they get top 100..... Only really focusing on big balls team even though this is 2nd of my stable...

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Fully agree with Dots synoposis (as usual) and fully agree with the blunders bit too.

Openly admit that despite of all my success in the short games that I am inexperienced at being up there (as I was) in the main game.

More so....my inexperience predominately at being a front runner as all of my previous FF success has been as a chaser (ironically where I feel more comfortable) and I have been able to devise a cunning plan to catch up.

Amarillo Slim once said if you hear hooves think horses not zebras.

With that said genuinely learnt a lot and feel I am a threat for next season to a lot of the better managers.

Feel my chances are like Cardiff staying up...whilst mathematically possible in reality, it's going to be a tall order.

I have put Kane in...my analysis of the top ten is that more could not afford to if they opt to keep their City bias towards Aguero? Especially as if I was a front runner my priority would be to get KDB in and go all in on my city team as blade has...

If I was a front runner with City playing Spurs 3 times this month and with my bias towards City I think putting Kane in would counter act my team and possible even despite Huddersfield be a mistake (they don't actually ship a relic amount of goals).

Am I wrong in my thought process do you think?

Be interesting to hear what one of the top ten actually think (Kenny...Blade...)?

Or one of the top players like Dot and Plevena and well any FISO member really

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I very much doubt you will get much from Kenny or Chris at this stage, maybe after they could give us an insight as to there thinking and I'm sure they will.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I suppose the kane against city thing depends on how you look at it.

Say a high pool block goes kane, the city blocks without kane are firstly hoping pool concede and secondly kane doesn't score against city or anyone infact. Having kane in the City block would negate the threat of both going against them points wise.

A hatty v huddersfield and a goal in each game v city is 50 odd points before you even worry about pool clean sheets.

It's a tricky one for sure.

Looking at top 10 I'm not convinced many are actually thinking of kane, either they have to swap for said aguero or Salah which is a risk in itself or they are using all there transfers up very early on in month which is again risky.

Will be interesting this weekend for sure as if kane is being brought in then surely this week is the time to do it. Maybe it will pin on the 1st leg score tomorrow

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plevna1963 »

In your position Ricky you have no choice but to go for differentials, theirs that many Aguero's in Top 100 its hard to know whether some have already made the move to Kane.

Like Dot n Ronny have already said the outcome of the Tott v City 1st leg will for me have a big effect on Managers thinking especially if the lead was 2 goals or more + Hudds at the w-end.

If Aguero is not in squad v Tott even more will be getting itchy feet & leaning towards Kane.

Think Kennyboy will be making the switch in his 2nd team if any of the above happen.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

See that’s my logic too.

Tried to put myself in the top teams shoes and if it were me I would 100% choose aguero and salah over Kane (obv would like all 3 but simply not possible if one is to retain Sterling and Hazard with the defences they all have).

I think that not having Aguero and Salah (with renewed confidence) would me a major error with the fixtures the way they are...

I thought twice about putting him in as that city defence is just so tough...3 x CS on a bounce which is how Chris has propelled himself up the table but I had no choice...shit or bust for me on the unlikely scenario that Spurs (who never seem to score a hat ful of goals) can upset the apple cart and knock City out of the CL.

I wouldn’t bet on it would you?

Which is why I think fewer of the managers up there will plum to put him in then we may think...especially if they have to make two transfers to do so (so precious at the mo).

With me it doesnt matter though...an injury will kill off any chances but with the odds literally as high as 100-500/1 that I can pull this off it doesn’t really matter does it?

Seriously even thought about going arsenal as a proper wide boy strategy and drop my pool defence and bring in Maitland Nile’s and kosalinic (he was awesome for me before when he played for Sevilla (Super Kev season)) but glad I didn’t!!

In summery I think all the top teams would rather have Aguero then Kane tomz...think they would be sick of Kane the following week if Aguero turns it on and Kane blanks against Huddersfield and they would be stuck with Kane for the next two games against City...

kennyboy28
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Daily Record Fantasy Football 2006/07

Post by kennyboy28 »

ronny10 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 11:44 I very much doubt you will get much from Kenny or Chris at this stage, maybe after they could give us an insight as to there thinking and I'm sure they will.
Recently my thinking was who to put into my team in place of Zinchenko. It was between Van Dijk and Laporte for me and decided on Van Dijk after discussing it with my 12 year old son. My thinking being that fatigue will probably catch up with Man City and with harder opposition coming up I didn't think they'd be achieving to many clean sheets. Also due to the fact Chris has a full Man City block didn't see the point in transferring Laporte in to then have only 2 Man City defenders as Chris would catch me anyway if Man City keep getting clean sheets. I would rather try and stay in front of the Liverpool blocks and with my lead over them and with 2 Liverpool defenders this is probably more achievable.

Pogba had to go as he hasn't been performing recently and his last chance for me were the games against Watford and Wolves where he failed miserably.

Other than that I've been using my luck up over the last week with injuries to Rashford and Aguero, the latter allowing for Jesus to score me some points and my only remaining Man City defender, Otamendi, getting man of the match on Saturday.

Also Watford's comeback helped me out, with Marty6 in 3rd having Doherty, who at one point had 20 points during the match and closing the gap on me to 5 points, only to finish with 8 points.

Regards Kane, as plevna says he may make it into my second team, but we'll see.

Far too many matches left for my liking in any case......

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

RickyRosa wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 13:23

I thought twice about putting him in as that city defence is just so tough...3 x CS on a bounce which is how Chris has propelled himself up the table but I had no choice...shit or bust for me on the unlikely scenario that Spurs (who never seem to score a hat ful of goals) can upset the apple cart and knock City out of the CL.
City have managed 9/15 clean sheets (Liverpool managed 6/15).

Difference being, City have rarely played the same back 4;

Starts:
Walker 12
Otamendi 11
Laporte 11
Zinchenko 9
Stones 6
Danilo 5
Kompany 2

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Interesting posts guys!

Sort of supports my theory’s that the top top teams will have to or will choose to avoid Kane...

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plevna1963 »

C/League current:

Man City W D L F A

Home 3 0 1 - 16 3
Away 3 1 0 - 10 5

Tott

Home 3 0 1 -8 5
Away 1 2 1 -5 5

Liv

Home 3 1 0 -8 2
Away 1 0 3 - 4 6

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

RickyRosa wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:25 Interesting posts guys!

Sort of supports my theory’s that the top top teams will have to or will choose to avoid Kane...
Take it you've got Hazard in your "core" ?

summer is over
Kevin and Perry

Post by summer is over »

I wanted to ask Dot a question, do you think a team that is 117 points behind the leader can win?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

kennyboy28 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 17:33
Dot wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 16:38
Dot wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:18 Top 10

1st 1698 WW8
2nd 1686 what's ur problem
3rd 1676 Blue Army
4th 1669 Lod 1
5th 1657 Rams 316
5th 1657 MICKS NAGS 1
7th 1652 COYB All stars
8th 1647 Champagne Boys 1
9th 1644 Goats 11even
10th 1641 Blades United
10th 1641 Marty6
As predicted by me going on trends not much change a month later

top 3 still the same top 3, but positions changed.

8 teams from the top 11 above are still holding positions in the current top 12 going into March

1st 2033 What's your problem
2nd 2002 WW8 ( nightmare transfers this month, anyone would think a woman was managing this team :lol: )
3rd 1933 Blue Army
4th 1987 Jealousy
5th 1985 Ain't got a Kalou
6th 1984 El=Sesho Madrid
7th1975 MICKS NAGS 1
8th 1972 Marty6
9th 1971 Rams 316
10th 1965 Rammy Tupper
11th 1964 Lod1
12th 1963 Blades United
12th 1963 Bunch of Tits

One has to say you will need an incredible run of bad luck not to win this now Ken having 2 teams in top 4 to cover basis. Feels like last year when I had to second guess what the multi's were gonna do against me, but then that was 2 minds.

WW8 has already panicked and would expect him to drop like a stone, what a eff waste of transfers this month.

12th

13th March

1st 2169 Whats your Problem
2nd 2159 World Cup Hangover
3rd 2151 Blue Army
4th 2147 Jealousy
5th 2135 Rams 316
6th 2130 Blades United
7th 2129 Rammy Tupper
8th 2128 WW8
9th 2125 Aint Got a Kalou
10th 2124 George of the Jungle
11th 2120 Westbourne Girls 6
12th 2113 KFC
13th 2112 Marty 6

====================================================

8th April after the Chelsea 2 v 0 West Ham

1st 2321 Whats ur Problem
2nd 2306 Blades United
3rd 2297 Marty6
4th 2288 Westbourne Girls 6
5th 2275 Blue Army
6th 2271 Rams 316
6th 2271 KFC
8th 2270 World Cup Hangover
9th 2268 George of the Jungle
10th 2259 Jealousy
11th 2256 Hazy Nine
12th 2252 DC1
13th 2248 WW8

Pretty much most of the same teams as the weeks roll on. The winner ain't emerging from outside the top 10 and that's a fact I've been harping for months.

Too hard to call the winner as clean sheets could well decide this, and i'm only talking about Liverpool or City clean sheets.

Good luck to Chris and Kenny

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

summer is over wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 01:04 I wanted to ask Dot a question, do you think a team that is 117 points behind the leader can win?
Your now confusing my son with Ricky Rosa but my son doesn't believe.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Cat...Pigeons....

Though, CS busted aside and Kane’s injury aside probably not going to effect things much, I mean who is going to have put Son in?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Into the top 50 with a Spurs block :D

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 22:07 Into the top 50 with a Spurs block :D
2 of them in the top 54 😳, you’ll be right up there if they can get 5/6 more cleanies 😎

That’s how to have differentials.

City and Pool blocks are yesterday’s news.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

I’ve been waiting for you to pipe up 👀👏...if you add Milner and so and so you’ll be right up there 😁

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Did u back spurs at 3s thpugh😎

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”