To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Top 100

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Top 100

Post by superiorpinkham »

RickyRosa wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 14:57 So close up top.

Also such a varied array of teams/defences.

Have to say Blades team looks very strong.
Nice one Ricky from Wales, your team must be creaping up the table nicely now. I have doubted you before but your Jesus transfer is inspired!

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RickyRosa wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 18:51 Chelsea CS scuppered.

Interesting to see such diversity at the top.

Ok Rick, what possessed you to take out Jesus for Alex Arnold with ur last transfer this month?

https://gfycat.com/oddballuniquecamel

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

Dot wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 20:47
RickyRosa wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 18:51 Chelsea CS scuppered.

Interesting to see such diversity at the top.

Ok Rick, what possessed you to take out Jesus for Alex Arnold with ur last transfer this month?

https://gfycat.com/oddballuniquecamel
go big or go home.... I think he's gone home

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Big shake up in top 100 this month.

Kane in 88 teams
Alex Arnold in 25

Both out for a month.

Still can't fathom how Ricky went Jesus- to Alex Arnold with his last transfer :?

Head scratcher and a half

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Quite a few teams will start looking shit now. I do like the look of Ricky's team though :lol:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Dot wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 12:33 Big shake up in top 100 this month.

Kane in 88 teams
Alex Arnold in 25

Both out for a month.

Still can't fathom how Ricky went Jesus- to Alex Arnold with his last transfer :?

I know what it looks like and I know it hasn't worked out.

I decided to be brave (or stupid) and just go for it. I figured that Aguero would play the premier league games and that there was a high probability that a under 23 squad would be taken to Burton meaning if I was correct that Jesus would play just the one more game against Burnley in the FA cup.

I further have a theory about polarising ones team into either Liverpool or City blocks and as I have a lot less city coverage I plumbed for Liverpool and with an available budget of 4.4m and TA costing 4.4m It just "felt" right. I wanted to be ahead of the curve and envisioned seeing a plethora of teams all carrying a redundent Jesus in vain whilst I tortoised them slowly picking up the additional points I envisioned TA scoring.

A sound theory and strategy in principle but in reality it's not gone well!

Still ce la vie, I would rather play to win and take the risks, that's just me.

I find inspiring when people like Superior ridicule me.

Genuinely do.

Keep it coming guys, laugh it up.

I ain't done yet (contrary to popular belief).

I still believe.
Last edited by RickyRosa on 15 Jan 2019, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

The number of people on here who offer up opinions after the event is quite amusing.

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

Toffeeman wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:51 The number of people on here who offer up opinions after the event is quite amusing.
Agreed, I’m relieved I opted to put Jesus in (took Salah out) but I was far from comfortable with that decision at the time and it could have gone either way. I count myself and fellow Jesus owners very fortunate that Aguero picked up another small issue that meant Jesus played both cup games, which probably led to his starting berth last night.

You have to do what you think is for the best for your team at the time and if anyone believes luck doesn’t play a huge part in all of this, they are deluded in my opinion.

Bloody good fun though.

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

Toffeeman wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:51 The number of people on here who offer up opinions after the event is quite amusing.
Good grief man, surely you don't expect opinions before the event.

One of the key points in dream-team is january.

Deal with it.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

I have no idea what you are going on about to be fair :?:

Just because I think you might be a little on the slow side, my post is referring to how the majority of people on here love to critisise after the event.

It's easy to pick holes in what Ricky did after the city game.

Hope that helps :D

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

im sure plenty would have criticised before the game had they been aware.

Hindsight has only made the criticism (in this instance) justified.

His rationale seems sound though. Time will tell if his thought process was justified (Kane and Trent getting injured is just plain bad luck).

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Surely he didn't take him out before the four goal haul did he?

There was only one transfer I was going to make and that was Salah to Jesus and Son back to Salah, but the only thing stopping me was the risk of rotation over the forseable future.

So can understand the guy's way if thinking, but still wasn't the shrewdest risk take tho', as could have gone Jesus to a City defender if he didn't play.

Having your team set up long term at the expense of points isn't neccessarily a bad thing tho'

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

He was astute enough to bring Jesus in for the four goals. Hence why it was surprising he then ditched him a week later for TAA.

DarkStyles
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Long time player, Won Euro 2016 Dream Team Works League

Post by DarkStyles »

RickyRosa wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 19:50
Dot wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 12:33 Big shake up in top 100 this month.

Kane in 88 teams
Alex Arnold in 25

Both out for a month.

I know what it looks like and I know it hasn't worked out.

I decided to be brave (or stupid) and just go for it. I figured that Aguero would play the premier league games and that there was a high probability that a under 23 squad would be taken to Burton meaning if I was correct that Jesus would play just the one more game against Burnley in the FA cup.

I further have a theory about polarising ones team into either Liverpool or City blocks and as I have a lot less city coverage I plumbed for Liverpool and with an available budget of 4.4m and TA costing 4.4m It just "felt" right. I wanted to be ahead of the curve and envisioned seeing a plethora of teams all carrying a redundent Jesus in vain whilst I tortoised them slowly picking up the additional points I envisioned TA scoring.

A sound theory and strategy in principle but in reality it's not gone well!

Still ce la vie, I would rather play to win and take the risks, that's just me.

I find inspiring when people like Superior ridicule me.

Genuinely do.

Keep it coming guys, laugh it up.

I ain't done yet (contrary to popular belief).

I still believe.
this strategy kinda makes sense, very unlucky Ricky
maybe Ricky is giving the rest of us a chance to catch up ... :lol:

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Zimmerman wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 09:37 He was astute enough to bring Jesus in for the four goals. Hence why it was surprising he then ditched him a week later for TAA.
So what's wrong with the move then, TAA likleyhood of three clean sheets and possible bonus points, and the team set up for next month.
Whereas Jesus probably wont play any games next month, and possible limited games this month.
Could have been a realy good move, no one can predict the future but he's injured and no- one could predict that.
Seems like there are quite a few wind up merchants that want to talk about other peoples teams, when really they have no idea what's
going to happen in the future.
It's not a move I would have made but people should leave the guy alone.
Eveyone has reasons for their moves, and anything can happen.
Seems like people only start slating in hindsight.
GET A GRIP.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

jaycar25 wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 11:43So what's wrong with the move then, TAA likleyhood of three clean sheets and possible bonus points, and the team set up for next month.
Whereas Jesus probably wont play any games next month, and possible limited games this month.
Could have been a realy good move, no one can predict the future but he's injured and no- one could predict that.
Seems like there are quite a few wind up merchants that want to talk about other peoples teams, when really they have no idea what's
going to happen in the future.
It's not a move I would have made but people should leave the guy alone.
Eveyone has reasons for their moves, and anything can happen.
Seems like people only start slating in hindsight.
GET A GRIP.
Schadenfreude makes the world go round, particularly in the world of fantasy football I find. I doubt he will let it worry him too much or he would have kept his cards close to his chest to begin with. I am sure he has a thicker skin than you give him credit for.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Because at the time City had five games left and Liverpool three.

City had really nice fixtures so even with reduced minutes some great potential for points.

So Jesus to TAA does seem kind of silly/risky (especially burning your last transfer to do it). I think criticism or confusion is justified. As is people questioning it.

Like has been said - his rationale is sound - that doesn’t necessarily mean it was a wise move.

The injuries are an unfortunate kick in the nuts that indeed, are impossible to predict.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Zimmerman wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 13:14
Like has been said - his rationale is sound - that doesn’t necessarily mean it was a wise move.
And bringing Baadiff keeper in :?:

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Zimmerman wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 13:14 Because at the time City had five games left and Liverpool three.

City had really nice fixtures so even with reduced minutes some great potential for points.

So Jesus to TAA does seem kind of silly/risky (especially burning your last transfer to do it). I think criticism or confusion is justified. As is people questioning it.

The injuries are an unfortunate kick in the nuts that indeed, are impossible to predict.
Last transfer very Risky (sorry RR). Have to agree on that one!. I envisaged Jesus not playing that much this month, but at the moment it's looking like he's going to play most of the games, as PG is obviously going to save Ag for Champs league with KDB

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

I'll offer another one. It's hard to offer an opinion before the event as one doesn't know what one is going to do.

Anyway Boycies x1 in the top 100 before today's game had the luxury of 3 transfers according to Frank's tool.

If and only if these transfers were done upon knowing the Leicester team news i find it amazing especially as Maddison was sub and Leicester only having 2 games this month.

He took out Luiz for laporte
He took out Jesus for Aguero
He took out Bernardi Silva for Maddison.

Of course perhaps he did the 3 transfers Thursday but i still even find it strange taking out 2 City players and sticking a Leicester player in, and even taking out a Chelsea player with 4 games.

Just my opinion of course.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Fwiw the top 100 before today's game had

70 Sane
64 Jesus
59 Sterling
29 Mahrez
23 Aguero
20 Laporte
14 Ederson
10 Stones
10 Bernardo
8 KDB
5 Otomendi
5 Walker

The same 100 had after the game started

71 Sane up 1
63 Jesus down 1
61 Stg up 2
32 Mahrez up 3
45 Aguero up 22
30 Laporte up 10
17 Ederson up 3
13 Stones up 3
11 Bernardo up 1
7 KDB down 1
6 Oto up 1
7 Walker up 2.

Kane to Aguero went in 17 teams
Jesus to Aguero went to 3 teams ( why?)
Kane to Jesus 1 team
Kane to Abby 1 team

As it stands at moment, best move went to team in 2nd COYB all stars..

Doherty to Laporte & Kane to Walker ( assuming City keep clean sheet.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

My top 3 teams had Kane and Jesus but after long deliberation I couldn't bring myself to shove that goal-hanging chap Sterling in all 3.

Just shoved him in team 3 as already had extensive City coverage in that one and that was thru gritted teeth.

Got his customary open goal that was offside but missed yet again. :evil:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Aguero looked well off the pace.
Pep can’t possibly let him loose on Burton can he?

Sun - Hudd
Wed - Burton
Sat - Burnley
Tue - Newcastle

Half an hour v Burton, rested v Burnley, start against Newcastle?

Or does he miss midweek
Play v Burnley
Jesus stars v Newcastle

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

I can't see why/how Jesus doesn't start against Burton. A player in that kind of form if not playing against Burton surely would have got 20-30 minutes today.

Think Agueros got his minutes under his belt and will be seen again next weekend rather than against Burton.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Is it just me that thinks Babel's head looks like a eff Bellend?

And why is it that Ericsen is this era's Lampatd. Just eff shoots whenever he gets the ball.

eff pass it u Danish chap
Last edited by Dot on 20 Jan 2019, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Just not sure how Pep will play it.

9-0 up against a third tier team

Send out a strong team to murder them = disrespectful

Send out a reserve/kid team and that’s also disrespectful (to burton and to fans who’ve paid to go).

I think you’re right though... surely the likes of Mahrez and Jesus have to start.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Zimmerman wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 16:14 Just not sure how Pep will play it.

Send out a reserve/kid team and that’s also disrespectful (to burton and to fans who’ve paid to go).

I think you’re right though... surely the likes of Mahrez and Jesus have to start.
City's under 23 side have lost both fixtures this month 5-1 to Arsenal and WHU :shock:

Can't be that many meriting a place midweek if they still have an xmas hangover.

Their so called elite development squad ( what is that) have a checkatrade game against Sunderland on Tuesday the day before Burton and he can't be pulling too many out of that.

What ever happens to reserves, all these different titles ffs.

wolviebob
FISOhead
FS Record: King(s) of LWDT 2015-16; 'King of LWDT' 2014-15LWDT 'Hardly Mr Average' 2014-15; Fading star...

Post by wolviebob »

Zimmerman wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 16:14 Just not sure how Pep will play it.

Reckon it will be similar team to last time.

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

No better way to improve Agueros confidence than play him against Burton.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

I don't think it's his confidence that's the issue probably his general sharpness.

And if by playing him against Burton is to increase his confidence, what would Pep be trying to do with his young scorer of 7 goals in 3 games by benching him in the league and dropping him in the cup. Surely that would be counter productive.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”